2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

8 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

As far as I know, none of you are experts on CTE.  As far as I can tell, most of you are smart enough to know that A doesn't necessarily cause B.

Carry on.

Let us never talk about anything ever then, unless we have published, documented expertise. Good plan.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

As far as I know, none of you are experts on CTE. 

But... I did my own research...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Y'all heard the man.  If you have any doubts whether any specific poster has advanced CTE or is just a dummy, PM me and I'll make the diagnosis.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Y'all heard the man.  If you have any doubts whether any specific poster has advanced CTE or is just a dummy, PM me and I'll make the diagnosis.

BBTV has been named the official CCSLC CTE Expert.

The Majestic XII have spoken.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

4 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Would Philly fans prefer Minshew or Hurts start in the playoffs?

I think the majority would say Hurts, but Minshew definitely has supporters despite only playing one real game... if you call a game against the Jets a real game.

EDIT: I'm assuming you mean Minshew II, and not Minshew 1 or Minshew III, IV, or V.  There's obviously so many of them that he has to be very specific on his jersey.

• Like 2

Right. Minshew II,  Philly Buggaloo.

If the Vince McMahon XFL 1.0 started today, they'd allow emoji on uniforms. Although we're probably not too far from Antonio Brown changing his name to 🐜🅾️🧎🅾️ 🍆💩

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Right. Minshew II,  Philly Buggaloo.💩

There were only 5 of 22 starters even active today, and at least two of those that were on offense are done for the night, so Minshew II is playing with a 2nd/3rd team line and backups everywhere else.  I've never heard of the majority of these guys, and can see only one offensive starter still in the game (WR3 Quez Watkins).  This is a total preseason game (for the Eagles... looks like Dallas has their regulars in.)

30 minutes ago, BBTV said:

This is a total preseason game (for the Eagles... looks like Dallas has their regulars in.)

Not sure it was Jerry “Zeke is still 2016 form” Jones or Mike “Needs A Stopwatch” McCarthy, but one of them said “we are playing to win” despite needing a handful of upset to be anywhere but the 4th seed, win or lose.

The Cowboys should feel absolutely embarrassed right now.  They're playing against guys that weren't even on the practice squad a couple of days ago.  There's literally no defensive starters playing, and the local announcers are being fed the names as they play because some weren't even on their sheets.

I like this new Cowboys philosophy of blowing the living crap out of their divisional opponents.

I know the NFC East outside of the Cowboys are booty cheeks (and the Cowboys might be booty cheeks too), but the Cowboys swept the division with an average score of 40-17 lmao. That's a level of domination within the division that is uncommon in the NFL (also not used to the Cowboys taking care of business against inferior opponents). 

• Like 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

26 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I like this new Cowboys philosophy of blowing the living crap out of their divisional opponents.

I know the NFC East outside of the Cowboys are booty cheeks (and the Cowboys might be booty cheeks too), but the Cowboys swept the division with an average score of 40-17 lmao. That's a level of domination within the division that is uncommon in the NFL (also not used to the Cowboys taking care of business against inferior opponents). 

Is this a serious post?  Like... really?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Is this a serious post?  Like... really?

The Cowboys blew the Eagles out with both teams playing their starters back in Week 3 too. 

But, have you ever heard of a dude named Ito Smith? or JaQuan Hardy (who I only knew as "goggles" from Hard Knocks)? Both of whom scored TD's today. It was a glorified pre-season game, but after what I had to through in the 2000's at the hands of the McNabb/Reid Eagles, I'll always relish seeing the Cowboys blowing out the Eagles lmao. Which we did twice. 

But it's still impressive beating all of your divisional opponents by an average of 40-17.

• Like 1

If I was a cowboys fan that game would have frustrated me and make me realize how old and broken Elliot is and how neither line is good enough to beat up third stringers.  That the game was in doubt for so long is an embarrassment to the cowboys. They’re lucky none of their starters got hurt in a meaningless game. 

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

If I was a cowboys fan that game would have frustrated me

Nothing frustrating about blowing out the Eagles. Ever.

and make me realize how old and broken Elliot is and how neither line is good enough to beat up third stringers.  

Zeke is hurt, and has been playing through injury. Plus our most explosive back was held out this game, Pollard. I'd have held out Zeke for this one too, but oh well.

I wish to retire this notion that 3rd stringers implies they are bad players. 3rd stringers are still NFL players and for a lot of them, this is their one chance to prove they belong in the NFL. You literally have guys out there playing for their NFL future; they are going to play hard.

But considering the Cowboys blew out the Eagles 51-20 (before a meaningless late 4th quarter TD by the Eagles), they were good enough. They should have blown out the Eagles and they did. I see no problem with that.

Also important to note defensively, the Cowboys were without their two best players; the DPOY candidate and the INT leader. Without Parsons, the Cowboys defense struggles. It has the whole season. Whenever he sits a series, the Cowboys give up points. Again, that's happened the whole year. 

That the game was in doubt for so long is an embarrassment to the cowboys. They’re lucky none of their starters got hurt in a meaningless game. 

Game was never in doubt. I know it was tied 17-17 in the 2nd, but no one seriously believed the Eagles were ever going to win that football game. But you are right that they're lucky no one got hurt. However, considering how the offense has been struggling for weeks, they needed to play and that was better practice than the half-speed, no contact teams do this late into the season.

The only frustration from that game, is that there was another Zuerlein miss. He's missed kicks in 49% of the games he's played for the Cowboys. He's going to cost them a game in the postseason with his inconsistency.

• Like 4