This is hilarious

the_cynic

I was browsing through NBA.com wallpapers and I came a crossed this. Now who in their right mind would want to put Gordon Gund on their desktop?

gundlebron2003_1024.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I was browsing through NBA.com wallpapers

The best one on NBA.com is the Raptors Jalen Rose wallpaper... but I also like the Raptors VC Charity Game wallpaper, I have a feeling the artist was rushing through that one because he knew he was quitting that night.

Just a hunch of course.

But whoever made those... damn, I wish I could party with him.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

The best one on NBA.com is the Raptors Jalen Rose wallpaper... but I also like the Raptors VC Charity Game wallpaper, I have a feeling the artist was rushing through that one because he knew he was quitting that night.

Yeah, the proportions are way off! I don't quite know what the fuss about the VC Charity one is about though.

rose03-1024x760.jpg

charity01-1024.jpg

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

And the biggest signature image this side of... Mars. Ummm... yeah.

Christopher- I love the highlight feature on Jalen you've got there, but the background guys just look so messed up to me that I can't focus on Rose long enough to fully appreciate the way he stands out from the everyone else. I think simply darkening the rest of the image while adding a light behind Rose would have been more than enough for me. Now, it doesn't seem to match. Great job on the VC Game wallpaper, I love the very subtle stars in the background, which I didn't pick up on my first lookabout. Awesome work there. It doesn't look rushed to me at all.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Christopher- I love the highlight feature on Jalen you've got there, but the background guys just look so messed up to me that I can't focus on Rose long enough to fully appreciate the way he stands out from the everyone else. I think simply darkening the rest of the image while adding a light behind Rose would have been more than enough for me. Now, it doesn't seem to match. Great job on the VC Game wallpaper, I love the very subtle stars in the background, which I didn't pick up on my first lookabout. Awesome work there. It doesn't look rushed to me at all.

Thanks on the VC wallpaper comments.

With Rose I tinted the background a slight shade of purple, but I can see what you mean, if I had the PSD still I would darken it and see what it looks like - but I lost that when I left the company.

---

Chris Creamer

I was browsing through NBA.com wallpapers

Just a hunch of course.

But whoever made those... damn, I wish I could party with him.

OHHHHHH...now I get it! YOU DID THEM!

The problem with the Jalen Rose wallpaper isn't the stupid lighting it's the proportion (hence Rose's body and ball). How much effort did you really put into these Chris?

Retired Number's To Come

The problem with the Jalen Rose wallpaper isn't the stupid lighting it's the proportion (hence Rose's body and ball). How much effort did you really put into these Chris?

Wow... how much of a dick can you be?

---

Chris Creamer

Wow, it was just a question! :therock: You said somebody must have rushed through these so I'm just wondering how much effort you really put into them. Obviously you take pride in your work so I'm just a little surprised.

Retired Number's To Come

Wow, it was just a question! :therock: You said somebody must have rushed through these so I'm just wondering how much effort you really put into them. Obviously you take pride in your work so I'm just a little surprised.

Doesn't mean you have to call it "stupid".

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Doesn't mean you have to call it "stupid".

I called the lighting "stupid" not the wallpaper itself. I'm not saying Chris isn't talented either, I was just curious to know if he even noticed the proportions.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived