Official College Football Uniform Announcement

CityOfWalrus

I watched the LSU game and noticed something interesting, but not neccesarly a uni change.

LSU's stripes didn't go under the arm. Just the top section of the sholders. However, the two QB's LSU used had the stripes go all hte way around. Kinda weird.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that Nike makes UConn's uniforms, I noticed something from the highlights. The font used in the nameplates was changed to a standard block font, rather than mirroring the font used to spell "Connecticut" on the fonts (similar, if not the same as, the font used by the NFL Network). The numbers remain the same.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I noticed that the Troy Trojans formally known as Troy State had no helmet logo just black shells and face mask and the old logo on the sholder .

I would imagine that they will try to unveil a new helmet possibly for this week's nationally televised game against Mizzou....I mean it is at home and it is their first national TV game, that would be a good time to unveil a new look (at least that makes sense to me)...I might be way off here, but that is my guess.

I noticed that the Troy Trojans formally known as Troy State had no helmet logo just black shells and face mask and the old logo on the sholder .

I would imagine that they will try to unveil a new helmet possibly for this week's nationally televised game against Mizzou....I mean it is at home and it is their first national TV game, that would be a good time to unveil a new look (at least that makes sense to me)...I might be way off here, but that is my guess.

During the game telecast yesterday, the playXplay guy said that they will unveil their new look this week. That's why they did not have logos on thier helmets and were wearing lsat season's unis. And now they are simply referred to as Troy.

dodgers-1.png

During the game telecast yesterday, the playXplay guy said that they will unveil their new look this week. That's why they did not have logos on thier helmets and were wearing lsat season's unis. And now they are simply referred to as Troy.

then I have guessed correctly

It looks like Syracuse hasn't changed a thing. Just as we all thought - despite the changes in the logos and nickname.

On a side note - my parents are in attendance at the Purdue vs. Syracuse game...they'll be calling me later to tell me all about it.

It looks like Syracuse hasn't changed a thing.  Just as we all thought - despite the changes in the logos and nickname.

It looks like they did tweak the colors, at least on the pants. Last year, there was a noticable difference between the shade of orange on the top and the color of the pants. The pants looked kinda faded, especially compared to the top. And the new logo is on the right hip.

Same look, same results. Sigh...

I noticed a few things about Troy after taking a second look. They removed the TSU logo from the helmet (as noted previously), but they left it on the jersey sleeve. They are using the uniforms from last season, while putting a TroJanS patch directly over the TROY STATE (note the red peeking out on the left side of the T in the second photo) and a Sun Belt patch over the Adidas logo.

winborne-102503-lg.jpg

capt.wvrs10309042233.troy_st_marshall_wvrs103.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

man, you are good. you need to put that attention to detail in helping to solve crimes or something. haha

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Just a side note. CityofWalrus, Washington State has been doing the dual helmet thing for the past 4 years. They wear the silver helmets at home and the crimson helmets on the road. Personally I'd like to see 'em go back to the all silver with "Cougars" script helmets full time and get rid of the goofy inserts in their jerseys. But, I'm a bit of a traditionalist. GO COUGS!

CCSLC Signature.jpg

One trend I've seen over the last few years is the "Denver Broncos" style color running up the pants to the armpit and beyond. Many teams use black for this, and on their home unis they look fine.

Then they leave the same black swatches in there with their white unis, which overwhelms the color palate. Look at Duke's uniforms on the last page of the thread- black, not blue is dominant. You also see it with the Troy State pics. Temple did this last year, and so did Utah. Whoever designs these uniforms should notice that the colors aren't balancing out.

I would think that'd be part of Uniform 101.

P.S. How do you quote using a photo?

One trend I've seen over the last few years is the "Denver Broncos" style color running up the pants to the armpit and beyond. Many teams use black for this, and on their home unis they look fine.

Then they leave the same black swatches in there with their white unis, which overwhelms the color palate. Look at Duke's uniforms on the last page of the thread- black, not blue is dominant. You also see it with the Troy State pics. Temple did this last year, and so did Utah. Whoever designs these uniforms should notice that the colors aren't balancing out.

I would think that'd be part of Uniform 101.

thank you for making my point for me,and this is my biggest gripe w/ the "Bronco" style uniforms,your limited as far different uniform combination and it forces ya to wear color/color or white/white if a team only one or two dominate color(s) unless the team goes w/ a solid pant,i would add more but my brain is kinda on overload so im gonna have to add more later

I Think that the New UW Uni's look alot better than the ones that they werer sporting for the last 3 years. They seem to have more of a throwback look except for the fugly number font. Do any of you know if the Roads were changed as well?

Note: Never let a company based in Eugene design Husky Uni's.450husky06_pauspass.jpg

felix5ix8na.png

Hey YankeeSlayer, this IS a dramatic improvement for the Huskies, but purple and gold is still ugly no matter how you look at it. Nothing beats Crimson and Gray. Sorry bro. You could have someone in Eugene, Bellingham, Seattle, or Renton design it and it'd still be nasty. GO COUGS!

CCSLC Signature.jpg

coacher, i see your traditionalist point, but i say the WSC logo has to stay on the helmets, its just too good haha. and i always hated UWs unis with that stupid white/gold/whatever pseudo shoulder stripe piping before. they look SO much better now.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived