ARZ, ATL, CAR, LAR, SEA added 4/9 | Perrin Redesigns the NFL

PERRIN

It has been far too long since I’ve added anything to this thread, so I thought I’d post a lil mini-dump of NFL concepts I’ve made recently. A few of these have already made appearances in NFL news threads, but they deserve to be added to the official thread just for kicks and giggles.

Cardinals

I tried to balance the modern elements of the current set with more consistent striping and the addition of a sandy grey color to replace their existing silver detailing. Gone are the mismatched home/away designs, stripeless pants, and sleeve wordmarks.

udkzgg9.png

Falcons

Red helmets and black jerseys are my personal favorite look for the Falcons, as it gives them a burst of color to set them apart from the other black and metallic NFC South teams. Silver pants are thrown in just to be different; I’d be equally fine with white pants. An angled, aggressive stripe inspired by the logo and some angled block numbers make up the jersey.

ywmYZpC.png

Panthers

I’ve got two helmet options for Carolina, silver and black. Uniform is largely the same, save for a new number font and tweaked stripe applications across the set. Black helmets options are paired with electric blue pants for a more striking look, while silver helmet options retain the traditional pant selections. Logo concept used is by the great CJ Zilligen. @CJworks

T33OF0Y.png

x6bPtvC.png

Rams

The rams need to go back to a simpler, more traditional version of what they currently wear. I like the simple rounded shoulder stripes of the Steven Jackson-era 2000’s look, but vastly prefer the vibrant royal and yellow color scheme. Thin detailing has been added to the helmet horns and striping for a bit more pop. I kept the current wordmarks. Logo concept used is by the great Fraser Davidson. @Davidson

aaSX8vK.png

Seahawks

For the Seahawks, I like a handful of the hyper modern elements of the current set but feel it goes a bit over the top and places and is ruined by monochrome combos. My redesign tweaks the shades of green and blue to feel a bit more classy, but still undeniably bold. Jersey elements have been retooled to work better as a stripe, but retain their unique flair. I flirted with the idea of grey away jerseys, and still quite like the idea, but a white jersey is probably a more reasonable choice.

EIla1vD.png

That's all I have for now, I hope to come back to this again sooner rather than later.

Made in Affinity Designer. C&C appreciated.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Cards: Better than their current redesign, which is very forgettable (at least for me)
Falcons: I agree with you, they look best in a black primary, fits their gritty image
Panthers: Not much to say, other than love the new font
Rams: See Panthers
Seahawks: As this site's #1 hater of unnecessary white, I'd love to see how that gray away set looks

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

Cards: Looks really good overall. I do get a bit of an Ohio State vibe but agreed that it's an upgrade over the current set. 
Falcons: Shades of the Bulldogs but unique enough to stand out on its own. Looks really sharp.
Panthers: Both of the helmets look great and the pant options create a really cohesive look even if you were to mix-and-match different combos
Rams: Looks sharp. Anything that can get rid of the dishwater jerseys is a positive. I like getting rid of the nameplate, so that's a plus. 
Seahawks: I like the change in green. The change in the blue is a bit more subtle. I like getting rid of the nameplate, so that's a plus. 

Falcons: Try red pants to go with the red helmets.

Panthers: A blue helmet would look better with the blue pants. Especially if they do a black on blue look.

Rams: Chef's kiss!

Seahawks: Try a silver helmet, or a lighter version of their old steel blue.

Cardinals: On the road jerseys, try to see if you can fit the state flag on the sleeve caps. I miss that on the Cards' unis.

• PERRIN changed the title to ARZ, ATL, CAR, LAR, SEA added 4/9 | Perrin Redesigns the NFL
9 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Falcons: Try red pants to go with the red helmets.

Panthers: A blue helmet would look better with the blue pants. Especially if they do a black on blue look.

Rams: Chef's kiss!

Seahawks: Try a silver helmet, or a lighter version of their old steel blue.

Cardinals: On the road jerseys, try to see if you can fit the state flag on the sleeve caps. I miss that on the Cards' unis.

Falcons I tried it, like how it looks, but feel like it should stay as a once-in-a-while option that takes a backseat to black and silver.

Panthers: Tried this also, wasn't much of a fan. The logo (both the current and the concept I used) just doesn't really work well on a blue background with all the blue detailing, and I like the idea of the Panthers leaning more heavily on black than the blue.

Seahawks: Tried a silver helmet too, just doesn't work as well in my book. Throws off the color balance of the rest of the set.

Cardinals: It'd work, but it might be a bit too busy in the shoulder cap area compared to the simplicity of the rest of the set. I considered doing a lil sunray pattern instead of stripes, but I prefer the stripes.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

ARZ: I think this is about the best you can get with the design direction they went in with their recent redesign. It's not a direction I personally agree with but it's done well here, and I like the use of that dusty metallic color.

ATL: No real notes here, looks great, love the red shell.

CAR: You mention above that you prefer the Panthers leaning into black, I prefer the opposite. Panthers blue is such an attractive color that it deserves to be the spotlight, in my opinion. As a general opinion I'd rather see blue helmets and jerseys as the primary, but I understand that the current logo isn't great for it. With that said, I love the striping treatment here. This is exactly what they should do. My main suggestion is to swap blue and silver with the black helmet variations, especially with blue pants (which is a set I'd actually like a lot). I also wouldn't mind see you drop silver completely for the black helmet set, on the silverless away jerseys it looks so out of place on the helmet. Not big on the numbers, the rounded corners make it feel too soft for me. I'd rather a block set.

LAR: Agreed on needing to simplify, but I'm not sure I agree with the direction you've taken. Going back to the awkward old horn is a downgrade, I prefer the new shape. I like the new sleeve stripes in a vacuum, but all I can see is the St. Louis Arch, which I don't think you really want to channel for the Rams anymore. I'm a certified "logo on football pants" hater, as I don't think they serve any real purpose and just interrupt the stripes. Love the gradient-less numbers, those look great.

SEA: Really, really nice. Love the toning down of their current set. As a matter of personal preference I don't really like it when jerseys replace white completely with silver/gray but I think it works well enough here. Hard agree on no gray jersey.

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 9/4/2022 at 12:31 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

Funny thing is us Jets fans (many who experienced 1995-96) have a lot of bad memories of Jets moments wearing these uniforms but a lot want the Jets to use them again (logo included)

spacer.png

A year and nine months later…

• Like 1

Concepts are all good. Only critique is the numbers of a bit big. Suggestion to make them slightly smaller.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here