ARZ, ATL, CAR, LAR, SEA added 4/9 | Perrin Redesigns the NFL

PERRIN

On 7/19/2022 at 8:53 PM, PERRIN said:

With the Texans releasing a new Battle Red alternate helmet, I took a stab at redesigning the Texans with an emphasis on red over navy, inspired by @nate.sweitz's Texans concept. Harnessing Texas flag imagery, the new uniforms rely on thick blocky stripes of color for a more modern look. Jerseys and pants come in red, white, and navy to be mixed and matched. The number font style invokes an ol’ western flair. For the throwback, I just said ‘screw it’ and gave the Texans some Oilers throwbacks. I don't care that the Titans own the rights. I make the rules here. I am a cranky toddler and the NFL is my sandbox. I put together a generic 1930’s-adjacent fauxback, but I wasn’t a huge fan. This is much funner.

PhehOfm.png

1jwO4h5.png

That’s all for now. Made in Affinity Designer. C&C appreciated

Two small things, first, the tv numbers, like the others said.

second, I doubt the Titans would allow the Texans to use the Oilers trademarks, so the throwback wouldn’t work. 

Dude, it's a concept. If OP wants to imagine that the Texans can use the Oilers trademarks, let him.

I agree with the shoulder numbers though. Wider shoulder stripe so they can fit, and how about change it to red on the home, white away, blue on the alt, just so all three colors are represented on the whole shoulder thing? White is also more visible against red than blue is on the away.

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

Regarding the TV numbers, I tried both shrinking them and removing them altogether, and getting rid of them is the way to go.

ptQLtWp.png

1 hour ago, CLEFAN94 said:

second, I doubt the Titans would allow the Texans to use the Oilers trademarks, so the throwback wouldn’t work. 

As for this, as I said in the original post:

I make the rules here. I am a cranky toddler and the NFL is my sandbox.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

2 hours ago, PERRIN said:

Regarding the TV numbers, I tried both shrinking them and removing them altogether, and getting rid of them is the way to go.

ptQLtWp.png

This is really a brilliant Texans concept. It emphaizes the Texas flag in ways the original logo suggests, but stops short of fully embracing. I love it.

I have one minor quibble with your state of Texas secondary logo. I can see what you were trying to do by incorporating the primary mark into the state shape, but I worry the star/eye could be mistaken for a placemarker. And right now, it's placed right around Abilene, and nowhere near Houston.  I presume that's why the Texans adopted this as a secondary and didn't try to do something like you attempted:

spacer.png

3 hours ago, PERRIN said:

ptQLtWp.png

I saw that after I commented, but I couldn’t just delete my stupidity so I figured I’d wait to be roasted. 🤦🏻‍♂️😅

• 1 month later...

Up next: The Giants. I'm not a huge fan of their current mismatched set. I don't mind mostly blue at home and red on the road, but keeping the same stripes would help at least. I went back to the gray pants and added some multi-color northwestern stripes to both jerseys. Logo is a mix between the 70s and current NY monograms. Alternates include a 1993 throwback and an 80's throwback. I initially used Blake Martinez as the model, but he got cut the day after I finished. Hopefully it's not a death note situation.

I'd love to hear y'all's thoughts! Hopefully this stays traditional while improving the consistency across Home and Away sets.

ZYVomaM.png

tBbiVI9.png

That's all for now. 

Made in Affinity Designer. C&C appreciated.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

lBzmcSM.png

• PERRIN changed the title to Giants added 9/3 | Perrin Redesigns the NFL

Now that’s a very cool logo. I’m not sure I’d endorse it for the Giants myself, just because they’re such a traditional and no-nonsense team, even though on its own the logo looks great.

The only suggestion I’d make to it would be to maybe try & remove the serifs on the bottom-left of the ‘N’ and the upper-right of the ‘Y,’ as they seem to mess with the streamlined nature of the logo, if that makes sense. It might end up looking worse than what you already have, but I wouldn’t know until I saw it.

I would love to see an enlarged version of the logo, either way. Great work!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PERRIN said:

Up next: The Giants. I'm not a huge fan of their current mismatched set. I don't mind mostly blue at home and red on the road, but keeping the same stripes would help at least. I went back to the gray pants and added some multi-color northwestern stripes to both jerseys. Logo is a mix between the 70s and current NY monograms. Alternates include a 1993 throwback and an 80's throwback. I initially used Blake Martinez as the model, but he got cut the day after I finished. Hopefully it's not a death note situation.

I'd love to hear y'all's thoughts! Hopefully this stays traditional while improving the consistency across Home and Away sets.

ZYVomaM.png

tBbiVI9.png

That's all for now. 

Love the uniforms as a Giants fan, but that logo is no-go to me. It's really well done, but everyone just tries to forget about the 70s and their uniforms.

Also, I'd suggest ditching the grey and add blue alternate pants with white face masks.

20 minutes ago, Djruggs said:

Love the uniforms as a Giants fan, but that logo is no-go to me. It's really well done, but everyone just tries to forget about the 70s and their uniforms.

Also, I'd suggest ditching the grey and add blue alternate pants with white face masks.

Funny thing is us Jets fans (many who experienced 1995-96) have a lot of bad memories of Jets moments wearing these uniforms but a lot want the Jets to use them again (logo included)

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Funny thing is us Jets fans (many who experienced 1995-96) have a lot of bad memories of Jets moments wearing these uniforms but a lot want the Jets to use them again (logo included)

spacer.png

Lol that was objectively their best look, but the 70s Giants were so bad that we all kinda just pretend it didn't happen

2 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Might be farfetched but after seeing this and especially @johne9109's Giants concept that removed the red, I wonder what would the Giants look like with Blue and ORANGE (to match the other 3 New York teams and of course the color used by a certain baseball club that used to exist in New York)

That's a wonderful idea. I think I may mock that up once I'm done with my current series

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

Jaguars are next, had a quick idea for them that I'm rather fond of. While I greatly admire the original 1998-2003 look with the teal away numbers, I also find them to be a relic from that period that doesn't quite jive with Jacksonville's reputation in recent years. Jacksonville needs something a  bit more modern in my book - not quite as modern as the Nike gradient helmet set, but similar. That set, helmet notwithstanding, at least gets points for utilizing the Jaguars' color scheme well. I attempted to emulate that set without being too gaudy, taking inspiration from @nate.sweitz's Jaguars redesign. The teal-flake helmet makes a comeback and gold is used in swooping stripe details. The logo is traced from @Htown1141's amazing Jaguars concept. Alternates include a black jersey in the same style as the teal and a throwback to the rejected 1995 design, which I can't decide whether to abhor or adore. It's the most 90's football uniform to ever exist. It needs to be worn. It needs to be seen. Gaze upon its glory. 

I tend to pick jersey models that aren't actually team captains, despite adding a captain's patch to the jersey. Ignore that please

WF5cSrn.png

pDc6tDl.png

Not sure who's next, but I'll probably be adding more teams sporadically. I might even go back and update a few previous concepts, who knows. That's all for now.

• Like 7
  • Love 6
  • LOL 1

lBzmcSM.png

• PERRIN changed the title to Jaguars added 9/7 | Perrin Redesigns the NFL
2 hours ago, PERRIN said:

Jaguars are next, had a quick idea for them that I'm rather fond of. While I greatly admire the original 1998-2003 look with the teal away numbers, I also find them to be a relic from that period that doesn't quite jive with Jacksonville's reputation in recent years. Jacksonville needs something a  bit more modern in my book - not quite as modern as the Nike gradient helmet set, but similar. That set, helmet notwithstanding, at least gets points for utilizing the Jaguars' color scheme well. I attempted to emulate that set without being too gaudy, taking inspiration from @nate.sweitz's Jaguars redesign. The teal-flake helmet makes a comeback and gold is used in swooping stripe details. The logo is traced from @Htown1141's amazing Jaguars concept. Alternate include a black jersey in the same style as the teal and a throwback to the rejected 1995 design, which I can't decide whether to abhor or adore. It's the most 90's football uniform to ever exist. It needs to be worn. It needs to be seen. Gaze upon its glory. 

I tend to pick jersey models that aren't actually team captains, despite adding a captain's patch to the jersey. Ignore that please

WF5cSrn.png

pDc6tDl.png

Not sure who's next, but I'll probably be adding more teams sporadically. I might even go back and update a few previous concepts, who knows. That's all for now.

Jags would have some of the best uniforms in the league if they went with this. Excellent job!

Also, that "throwback" is atrocious in all the right ways lol

On 9/7/2022 at 10:02 AM, PERRIN said:

Jaguars are next, had a quick idea for them that I'm rather fond of. While I greatly admire the original 1998-2003 look with the teal away numbers, I also find them to be a relic from that period that doesn't quite jive with Jacksonville's reputation in recent years. Jacksonville needs something a  bit more modern in my book - not quite as modern as the Nike gradient helmet set, but similar. That set, helmet notwithstanding, at least gets points for utilizing the Jaguars' color scheme well. I attempted to emulate that set without being too gaudy, taking inspiration from @nate.sweitz's Jaguars redesign. The teal-flake helmet makes a comeback and gold is used in swooping stripe details. The logo is traced from @Htown1141's amazing Jaguars concept. Alternates include a black jersey in the same style as the teal and a throwback to the rejected 1995 design, which I can't decide whether to abhor or adore. It's the most 90's football uniform to ever exist. It needs to be worn. It needs to be seen. Gaze upon its glory. 

WF5cSrn.png

pDc6tDl.png

Love this! I always thought the Jags previous-gen uniforms were low key pretty good, they just :censored:ed everything up with those terrible gradient helmets. You cleaned it up and made it even better. Would also love to see those 90's concepts on the field in real life... they're awful, but in the very best way.  Lol. Quintessential 90's.