De La Salle football streak is over!

Puckguy14

For the joy of IronChefShark and myself, nearby De La Salle High School, recognized nationally as the #1 High School Football team, had its record 151 game winning streak snapped Saturday night at Quest Field (formerly Seahawks Stadium) over Bellevue High School.

The Concord, California private school last lost in 1991 to ICS' alma mater Pittsburg High School. Since that time, the team has made sure to crush every single football team that came in its way. With a major league unfair tag for over 8 years. With section, regional, and state requirements to match schools with a similar number of students, my school and ICS' were thrown into lobsided losses. I remember one year when my school had a 3-0 lead. It was a miracle! Ok so we lost 77-3 and were down 49-3 at halftime. But an unfair advantage made parents cry foul.

With DLS able to recruit ANYONE and with their unspoken "rewards" and I don't mean scholarships to major universities. Also, their facilities make some NFL teams jealous. They are the only team in the Bay Area that has a private Field Turf field, an advantage to anyone. The balance (or the lack there of) was so bad that parents forced De La Salle to be somewhat independent in football. Heck, when the team is able to go to Washington or Hawaii (last season) and other teams in the area are lucky to have the bus on time for a cross town game, I'd say they have a HUGE advantage.

So while the news is shocking and sad, just remember the teams who account for 140 of those wins came against. Teams who had no shot whatsoever. Finally, they play with someone of their calibur and now they look vulnerable. Hmmm, interesting. I wonder how many of the new recruits get their "rewards" this year?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

To be fair De La Salle is PRIVATE school. They can afford all that stuff like FieldTurf, scholarships and plane trips across the nation. It cost over $10 000 US/year to attend. I didn't even spend that much on two years of my university tuition.

http://www.dlshs.org/admissions.html

I remember one year on my high school tennis team and we saw a private school team with their own team van. I HATE private schools.

The only downside is that it's an all-boys Catholic school.

I saw, I came, I left.

The only downside is that it's an all-boys Catholic school.

However, the all girls school, Carondelet High School, is next door and it's nice to see them in uniforms! :P

When I go by De La Suck, a nice big finger and an F U is what I do when I go by the football field.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I'd rather have good lookin chicks at school rather than an undeafeated football team :D

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I wouldnt call them cocky cause until yesterday they havent lost a game since 1992. I'm into high school football a lot cause well I'm a high schooler. Bellevue in my opinion isnt even the best team in Washington, where I live. Every year DLS accepts one invitation from a team in a different state and when I heard they chose Bellevue I thought it would be a blowout. Then I just saw the results on SeattleTimes.com and was just in shock. I just cant believe it.

QUOTE (tarheeltider @ Sunday, September 5th, 2004 - 13:29:06)

I'd rather have good lookin chicks at school rather than an undeafeated football team :D

my first year at Putnam City North we had both.......  :notworthy:

You Sir are one lucky, lucky man... we've hot the hot chicks part, but a football team that has lost its last two games a combined 105 - 30

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

QUOTE (tarheeltider @ Sunday, September 5th, 2004 - 13:29:06)

my first year at Putnam City North we had both....... :notworthy:

You Sir are one lucky, lucky man... we've hot the hot chicks part, but a football team that has lost its last two games a combined 105 - 30

In my high school we had neither..... and in university, our football team really sucked.... nice chicks though...

I saw, I came, I left.

Well when I first moved here we went to the Class 6A state championships only to lose to Jenks :evil:

Although my next year, we sucked cuz we had a QB that could'nt throw longer than 40yards..then I graduated, then we still sucked and this year? already 0-1....

*And by sucks I mean 6-6 seasons and 7-5.........not 0-12

spacer.png

we had the former, and most of em had the added bonus of actually being cool, in the "they're cool people" sense.(although there were some with the stereotypical "i'm too good for you" attitude :hockeysmiley:

the latter...I wish we'd won at least ONCE! two wins since 2000, and one of em came this past Friday. matter of fact, in 2K it started getting to teh point where a few guys would wear something over their jerseys. sadly, i'd heard it's more than just a few now cus of the razzin from the punks who aint go out for the team.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

This story just made the Australian news.

Is this a bigger story than I think it is?

no kiddin? well, it's not everyday a streak of over 150 games ends. :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Having names on jersey's in high school here is not unique. And every state has their share of private schools that can get players because they don't have the limits due to public restrictions.

Bellevue dropped $30,000.00 to get De La Salle here, via their bosters so don't be fooled that they don't spend the cash.

The unique part of the game was they held De La Salle scoreless in the second half.

Bellevue runs the triple option T and their kids do it from the time they are 6 in the Pee Wee leagues.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Archived