The College Hockey Thread

Bmac

There's a college hockey uniform changes thread every few years, and I figured instead of making new ones every so often we could just use this thread yearly.

A few changes for the 2021-22 season:

Arizona State with new home & road sweaters, paired with a variety of helmet+breezer combos:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Omaha has a new alternate jersey for the first time since 2014 and is rocking a 25th anniversary patch:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bmac said:

There's a college hockey uniform changes thread every few years, and I figured instead of making new ones every so often we could just use this thread yearly.

A few changes for the 2021-22 season:

Arizona State with new home & road sweaters, paired with a variety of helmet+breezer combos:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Does this mean no more grey? Good. I like the maroon set and the gold breezers. But the white jerseys need some more gold.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

5 hours ago, Bmac said:

North Dakota wore special uniforms Saturday night for the Hall of Fame Game in Nashville:

spacer.png

spacer.png

These are gorgeous, and I love the hanger-effect collar. But i still wish they'd put the new Hawks logo as the jersey crest already. I'm certain the only reason they haven't done so is to appease the fans who refuse to accept they're no longer the Sioux. 

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

These are gorgeous, and I love the hanger-effect collar. But i still wish they'd put the new Hawks logo as the jersey crest already. I'm certain the only reason they haven't done so is to appease the fans who refuse to accept they're no longer the Sioux. 

Even Gopher fans like me can admit these look nice. I'm fine with North Dakota using a wordmark on their hockey jerseys. I think their Hawks logo is a little too simple to be the primary crest of a hockey jersey.

• Like 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I've been rooting around in game notes prior to the UND-Penn State game in Nashville to see if there was a story behind those uniforms. The "NORTH DAKOTA" word mark uses such a classic-looking block font that I wondered whether it had come from the archives. Alas, I can't seem to find any trace of it. So it appears as if they just pulled a new typeface out for looks.

Not that it looks bad, of course. And it's not like their standard uniforms use type that matches with the university's athletics brand.  

Those new ASU jerseys are so terrible. There's so much promise there with the maroon, gold, and white and leave out the grey but they go with this :censored:.

• Like 1

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

FCbM6fnVUAINMn_.0.jpgJQR57059.jpeg

Interesting that Boston College put the NB logo on the hockey sweaters when New Balance has a Warrior subsidiary (logo visible on the lower right of the pants) that is more associated with hockey.

On these two sets at least, designs are more or less unchanged from last season with under armour, biggest difference being font choice for names.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

On 11/1/2021 at 4:32 PM, gosioux76 said:

I've been rooting around in game notes prior to the UND-Penn State game in Nashville to see if there was a story behind those uniforms. The "NORTH DAKOTA" word mark uses such a classic-looking block font that I wondered whether it had come from the archives. Alas, I can't seem to find any trace of it. So it appears as if they just pulled a new typeface out for looks.

Not that it looks bad, of course. And it's not like their standard uniforms use type that matches with the university's athletics brand.  

This typeface was used in the 90s when UND pulled the Sioux logo off their hockey jerseys the first time. It was only used for a handful of years before the program started using the geometric logo seen on the 97 and 2000 championship teams' sweaters.

spacer.png

4pCuxqV.jpg

4 hours ago, purplrain said:

This typeface was used in the 90s when UND pulled the Sioux logo off their hockey jerseys the first time. It was only used for a handful of years before the program started using the geometric logo seen on the 97 and 2000 championship teams' sweaters.

spacer.png

4pCuxqV.jpg

This is great. Thanks for finding this. I was on campus during the prime years of the geometric logo, so I've never really seen this set. 

On 11/1/2021 at 11:49 PM, Bmac said:

Bowling Green has some new uniforms this season:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Including this interesting throwback option:

spacer.png

Wow, I really like these (particularly the primary and alternate white jerseys).  I’m a sucker for mismatched/asymmetric shoulder patches and state outline/flag logos.

• 2 weeks later...