USFL 2023 - Uniforms and Logos

sky1324

10 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

Caught this interesting logo variation on TESS.  Not sure why they would be seeking to possibly change it.  The current stars are better.

GeneralsLogoComp.JPG

Those are the shoulder stars on the jersey.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Because shoulder boards normally only have the stars on an officer's uniform.

I get the shoulders only have starrs and no leaves.  However, after finding some decent pics today of actual game jerseys, the star on the shoulders are exactly the same as those on the primary.  So, not sure what the new registration implies, as the shadowing on the stars is different.

33 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

I get the shoulders only have starrs and no leaves.  However, after finding some decent pics today of actual game jerseys, the star on the shoulders are exactly the same as those on the primary.  So, not sure what the new registration implies, as the shadowing on the stars is different.

They look a little pixelated, but yes they look different. Not sure what the plan is.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I don’t mind it. It’s small enough to not be a distraction.

I was surprised that more teams aren't doing that this year. But reportedly the reason they are doing it is because Dan Gilbert stumped to get the games played in Detroit this year. 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/other/2023/01/26/usfl-michigan-panthers-ford-field/69843917007/

I  remember the AAF having a  couple teams wearing sponsor patches, but it wasn't league wide. And the Dallas Renegades had Bud Light patches on the back of their helmets in 2020. 

San Antonio Commanders Set AAF Attendance Record - Last Word on Pro Football

Week 3 AAF Open Thread: Arizona Hotshots at Salt Lake Stallions, Memphis  Express at Orlando Apollos - Revenge of the BirdsThe XFL's Dallas Renegades are Back, But With a Different Name

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

18 minutes ago, McCall said:

The XFL and USFL are the types of leagues I would expect to have ads on their jerseys, so they don't really bother me.

25 minutes ago, walkerws said:

If you want more football, you gotta expect the patches will proliferate. The USFL aren't putting people in the stands so I assume this will be another revenue flow soon. 

I mean, the CFL has two patches on their chest and arena league teams can look like NASCAR suits depending how far down the table a league is. At least it's not as large as it could have been.

Mike Hollis, ex-Jaguars kicker, plays in National Arena League at 50

CFL Power Rankings: One final drive on the road to the Grey Cup |  theScore.com

Rush v Predators Arena FootballAnd as long as they don't copy AFL 1.0 and throw a leaguewide sponsor into empty space just to make extra cash, I don't think most people will care. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 hours ago, LogoFan said:

Generals Roll Past Aviators In Dominating TSL Championship Performance

I figured it out! It's the old "Austin" Generals logo from the Spring League. 

2 USFL teams to play regular-season games near Pro Football Hall of Fame |  Fox News

The Spring League Kicks Off 2020 Fall Season With New Teams, Logos –  SportsLogos.Net News

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• 1 month later...