USFL 2023 - Uniforms and Logos

sky1324

16 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

I thought the Maulers looked pretty good yesterday.

With the black shoulders and sleeves on the aways they look decent with the light grey pants, but I think they should have yellow pants for the home uniform. 

Pittsburgh Maulers reveal new uniforms for 2023 USFL season

It's also strange to me that the league refuses to put the USFL logo on the collar instead of right underneath it. The design is a little awkward, but simply placing the wordmark inside a football design and placing it there would work.

kTFLcZj.png

3tFf3Hf.jpg

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

They also could do what theXFL and college does and pick a side. I think the USFL ends up looking cheaper because of the width of the collars, loose jerseys, and dare I say it, a maker's mark. It looks incomplete. Like Hugh school all star game jerseys that are all one size. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, walkerws said:

They also could do what theXFL and college does and pick a side. I think the USFL ends up looking cheaper because of the width of the collars, loose jerseys, and dare I say it, a maker's mark. It looks incomplete. Like Hugh school all star game jerseys that are all one size. 

Football Jerseys — OT Sports

I think the looseness is the bigger issue. Even when OT Sports did the Spring League uniforms, they fit the players a lot better, for the most part.  Even though they now claim to be part of the original USFL, this version started here:

The Spring League Week 3 Recap: Jousters forfeit and General roll over  Blues – BGMSportsTrax

A Wolverine In Blues Clothing | FOX Sports

Did city officials properly vet deal for developmental football league  event? – Indianapolis Business Journal

Generals' Cannella, James, Dennis Battle in The Spring League - Journal &  Topics Media Group

Even though it's a different manufacturer, you could have brought these designs over to the USFL and they still work on Ripon's uniform template, though to be fair I don't like the shoulders on the Generals jerseys matching the sleeves. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

If it interests you, Royal Retros has been doing quite a bit of 1983-85 USFL merch, and recently started making jerseys in the current league styling with the original logos  I bought a Pittsburgh Maulers jersey because it was getting cleared out for $45, and the quality was good enough that I would consider buying one at or close to full price from them. Held up through the wash, too.

As for Memphis, between the white names on the yellow background, the yellow stripe on white pants, and the lack of shoulder/sleeve numbers, it has the feel of a project that got rushed through the night before it was due.

I've seen those, I've thought about pulling the trigger on a Showboats jersey as a Reggie White fan and because I have relatives in Memphis, though I'd be more likely to pull the trigger on something from the WLAF, CFL USA or Arena ball, given the original USFL was a bit before my time.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

The XFL uniforms are chasing a bunch of crappy trends in a tired effort to be edgy… always a recipe for bad uniforms.  Especially when it’s league wide.  The USFL uniforms had the advantage of being able to base the overall aesthetic on the old uniforms which gave them a huge leg up. 

If this was a competition for who has the better uniforms the USFL won just by avoiding monochrome garbage and having contrasting socks. 

• Like 4

And the Maulers also have white NOB on a yellow yoke..... Now that I think about it, the Maulers and Showboats practically have the same uniforms. Who signed off on that?

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Every USFL game is a beautiful uni experience!  This is the first time I am seeing the Maulers, and their look is outstanding (with the exception of a minor quibble about the toilet collar).  Having just watched the San Antonio Brahmas, who have colours similar to those of the Maulers, I am struck by how much better the Brahmas would look if they, like the Maulers, used light-coloured pants (either grey or white).  Likewise, St. Louis looks silly in all blue, but would look great with white pants paired with the blue jerseys.

One really nice thing about the Maulers' uniforms is that the player name is very unobtrusive in white on the yellow yoke.  Well done on that.

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

GFkbXNW.png

jOaYiTJ.png

Not something that may have been noticed, but the Hall of Fame stadium turf was replaced prior to this year's games. I hope it's a permanent change rather than only being used for the USFL and then being pulled up for the Hall of Fame Game. 

Pittsburgh Maulers Drop Second Straight Game, Fall 20-3 To New Jersey  Generals - Steelers Depot

From far away the paint covers up the logos and wordmarks, but up close you could still see them at midfield and the end zones. 

USFL_Championship_First_Quarter_2022.png

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

GFkbXNW.png

jOaYiTJ.png

Not something that may have been noticed, but the Hall of Fame stadium turf was replaced prior to this year's games. I hope it's a permanent change rather than only being used for the USFL and then being pulled up for the Hall of Fame Game. 

Pittsburgh Maulers Drop Second Straight Game, Fall 20-3 To New Jersey  Generals - Steelers Depot

From far away the paint covers up the logos and wordmarks, but up close you could still see them at midfield and the end zones. 

USFL_Championship_First_Quarter_2022.png

The Hall got brand new blank turf that will allow them to have more clean looking events like the USFL and the occasional soccer and Canton McKinley football. 

5 hours ago, walkerws said:

The Hall got brand new blank turf that will allow them to have more clean looking events like the USFL and the occasional soccer and Canton McKinley football. 

Was on it on Sunday. Was really nice. I'm just curious once USFL is done how much painting is going to be done during the fall season once the Hall of Fame game is over.  But it's better than having a field that doesn't look like McKinley's home field. Basically for decades.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nuordr said:

Definitely gray. You can see  the Royal Blue, Powder Blue, and White Stripe on them. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

They need a darker grey, the pants can look almost white sometimes. Also, the Lions didn't allow them to paint red and blue over the end zones or the 50, so they just have white outlines for the USFL logos on the whole field. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png