USFL 2023 - Uniforms and Logos

sky1324

1 hour ago, ralphz said:

We've all seen inaccurate NFL jerseys on the backs of hundreds of people. It's not a big deal to 99% of the world - just us! 

It’s not the inaccuracies. It’s just the shear cheapness of the replicas. The game jerseys seem like a decent mesh material. The fan jerseys are just glorified sherseys with unnecessarily enormous team wordmarks instead of league logo on the chest

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

• 2 weeks later...

Memphis is wearing white pants with yellow stripes. The NOB of their jerseys are white within the yellow yoke. Why would you put two light colors on each other like that?

This could convince me to dislike the Memphis Showboats 🤷🏿‍♂️

• Like 4

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, ralphz said:

Funny to note: The league supposedly dropped the Bandits and recolored the Showboats to avoid so much red.

But with the Maulers recoloring, there sure is a lot of athletic gold now!

Was gonna say here that this first game between Stars and Showboats has a ton of yellow.

• Like 1

WE NEEDZ US SUM FOTOGRAFFS UP N HERRE....

f9cf1047-f60a-4131-94bb-0ea53bb079d9-_2M

20472604.jpg

cookus.jpg

FtyBYOTWYAA08jY?format=jpg&name=4096x409

FtyvY-sWcAA904u?format=jpg&name=large

(Interesting adornment on the league ball.)

And the fan replicas...

50c90e89-fe96-4d40-b12e-f59ea63591d3-4G0

And in case anyone is curious as to how this matchup looked almost 40 (!!!!) years ago, well...

tnli3nqcvve71.jpg

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

44 minutes ago, tBBP said:

FtyvY-sWcAA904u?format=jpg&name=large

(Interesting adornment on the league ball.)

As the ball spins, that becomes a white circle, making it easier for the receiver to focus on the point of the ball.

It's where I sit.

Simple and clean uniforms, but yikes at not including any team name or city name on them. Seeing these photos without context, I have little to no idea what teams are playing. The logos are good, but for a league that is so far from being in the cultural zeitgeist, casual fans need to have something to identify the teams with. Replacing the USFL logo on the center front chest with the city or team name would be huge.

• Like 2

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

14 hours ago, IceCap said:

I really dug the Tampa Bay Bandits jerseys and I would have bought a halfway decent replica. But alas they just shovelled out crap. 

If it interests you, Royal Retros has been doing quite a bit of 1983-85 USFL merch, and recently started making jerseys in the current league styling with the original logos  I bought a Pittsburgh Maulers jersey because it was getting cleared out for $45, and the quality was good enough that I would consider buying one at or close to full price from them. Held up through the wash, too.

As for Memphis, between the white names on the yellow background, the yellow stripe on white pants, and the lack of shoulder/sleeve numbers, it has the feel of a project that got rushed through the night before it was due.

• Like 5
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

9 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Hot Take(?) - Outside of Michigan, the USFL uniforms collectively look like :censored: compared to the XFL

Egad, man. Every USFL tram looks better than every XFL team outside of D.C. when they don't wear monochrome.

The Houston - Michigan game was spectacular-looking. The logos, the colours, the stripes! And Philadelphia's colours are absolutely gorgeous.  (Incidentally, their side panels are my only uni-related quibble in the league.) Finally, it appears that all USFL teams have the good sense not to use monochrome (apart from white-over-white, which is appropriate for all teams).

I don't hate the XFL's uniforms (other than the terrible prevalence of monochrome). But the USFL's uniforms are several levels above.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I think it's kind of an even split. Most USFL unis are bland pants and decent traditional jerseys. The XFL is a different bird and if they had kept the 2.0 uniforms, I would pick them in a run away. 

The Pittsburgh white jerseys looked ok to me. I think I prefer them to the black. The replicas in the USFL are ridiculous.  There's no real reason to do that to the jersey front. They'd be better served to do an homage to the big logo World League uniforms if they weren't going to match the actual jersey look

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Hot Take(?) - Outside of Michigan, the USFL uniforms collectively look like :censored: compared to the XFL

Looking at the fit of the uniforms, the XFL uniforms look better put together. Ripon jerseys are made with more material for players to customize once they get them, but they look like they haven't been taken in to get fixed yet. It was the same thing that occurred last year as well, but now they're not all in the same area to get customized But I think that could actually help if they have someone near each site to make those changes, instead of one location in Birmingham. 

How a pair of Brahmas running backs are using XFL to get to NFL

What channel is Brahmas vs. Roughnecks on today? Time, TV schedule for XFL  Week 3 game | Sporting News

I would say, that Houston could be fixed just by switching the yokes and using either the current blue helmet, without the white/red on the left side or the silver helmet with the current logos. Comparing it to the Memphis Showboats though, I'd go with the Roughnecks, even with that ugly helmet. Take the left side of the helmet and make it a stripe like Texas Tech uses and you're good. 

Guns Up' Slogan Returns to Texas Tech Football Helmets

Memphis makes strong impression in Showboats' return to the gridiron

The idea of the yoke being on color makes sense, but there's too much of it here. Limiting the amount of it on the shoulders would have helped, as well as not looking so similar to the other uniform that was released this year.

Tennessee Titans Super Bowl History: Wins, Losses, Appearances and All-Time  Record

A slimmer yoke design like this would improve the look. Yellow pants would help too. 

18 hours ago, tBBP said:

And the fan replicas...

50c90e89-fe96-4d40-b12e-f59ea63591d3-4G0

Were those numbers the ones on the originally released designs? I think the USFL Stallions numbers are different on the 2023 replicas as well. They haven't changed the numbers, but they would have looked better with standard block numbers. 

USFL-BSJ-YouthJersey-Front_1500x.png?v=1645069854

STALLIONS-23-jersey_4df985c6-5f61-48e3-b21b-71337bc11cf0_1500x.png?v=1680184622

When the league can't even be bothered to get the little stuff right, it's really annoying. It's the same for the XFL, where fan groups were already getting together to create Fan gear and jerseys for each of the teams until they got a cease and desist. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png