USFL 2023 - Uniforms and Logos

sky1324

22 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I go the exact opposite way.  I consider side panels to be unsightly; I've never seen a good use of that feature, which has marred several otherwise good uniforms (for instance, the current uniforms of the Philadelphia Stars).  It's a disease of design; and the Denver Broncos were the superspreaders.

Whereas, contrasting shoulder panels tend to look good to me, whether on the early-1960s Dallas Cowboys (the uniform which is so nice that it became a beloved throwback), or even in the exaggerated shoulder panels on the L.A. Xtreme of the XFL in 2001.

New XFL Could Succeed Where Other NFL Challengers Haven't

Any feature can be overused; but for two teams out of eight in the current USFL to have that feature definitely does not feel like too much.  

On top of that, I really like the looks of Memphis (except the logo, which should have just been the original logo recoloured) and Pittsburgh.

I actually liked the ones on the Xtreme...they were uniquely done.  I started watching the NFL in the 70s and IIRC there weren't any contrasting should panels from the 70s until the Titans were introduced.  They are the superspreaders of  the shoulder panels.

Thinking back on the Donkeys, er, Broncos, I really loved their look when it was rolled out because it was so modern and unique.  But it has since been heavily overdone with the swoosh and it needs to be outlawed.  Just plain sidepanels are okay but that's a matter of taste thing.  

On 3/28/2023 at 6:12 PM, walkerws said:

Did Riddell make a helmet pad to make those gladiator lids obsolete or is that their version of the Vicis Trench?

It’s definelty a cap, but it doesn’t look like the normal guardian caps.

spacer.png

they almost look like an additional piece they put on the helmet. Because you can definitely tell  it isn’t the same material as the guardian caps that are on helmets during practice. It looks closer to this kind of attachment that some players used in the 90s

spacer.png

• Like 3

On 3/31/2023 at 5:32 AM, Cujo said:

Great Value brand replicas.

These are atrocious 🚮

Why did they not show the Showboats cuffs?

Also they are basic and show zero originality.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

On 3/30/2023 at 1:32 PM, Cujo said:

These are atrocious 🚮

I thought the flimsy, sublimated, somewhat inaccurate replicas of 2022 were a low, but look who went and burrowed under.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 3/30/2023 at 2:32 PM, Cujo said:

These are atrocious 🚮

The sad thing is that most people are too ignorant to realize just how cheap and inaccurate these jerseys are.

I want to like the USFL, but everything about it just seems so damn flimsy.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, burgundy said:

The sad thing is that most people are too ignorant to realize just how cheap and inaccurate these jerseys are.

But we aren't most people. Most people don't care that they are inaccurate. Only us nerds aren't ignorant to that fact.

Neither position is wrong, by the way.

• Applause 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, burgundy said:

Their “REAL football returns in April” XFL-smear campaign commercials that started in February were ill-conceived to begin with.

16 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

But we aren't most people. Most people don't care that they are inaccurate. Only us nerds aren't ignorant to that fact.

Neither position is wrong, by the way.

I would disagree with that. They aren't AAF levels of not lining up, but there's enough here ot throw some casuals off of getting them.  But it's telling that even between the 22 jerseys and 2023 jerseys, there appears to be a drop in  quality. Seeing this, I can understand why the XFL hasn't just pushed out jerseys just to get sales if they couldn't get enough of them ready with appropriate logos and number fonts. 

• Yawn 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

8 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I would disagree with that. They aren't AAF levels of not lining up, but there's enough here ot throw some casuals off of getting them. 

So if it stops some casuals from buying them, it's still most people who don't care that they are inaccurate.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

It's where I sit.