Finalized Phoenix Suns Concept

Starchild

Well... close enough to finalized anyway :D

It's easy to see what I did as far as the logos go, so I'm not gonna bother to go into that. The jerseys - I basically edited their current look. I think it's an interesting idea thats been poorly executed (especially having grey in there... disgusting... white is much cleaner and classier). Their primary wordmark font also sucks horribly, so like the logo, it's the same font - much "Sunnier" than the block piece of crap they have now. The usual comments and criticisms are wanted/appreciated as always.

SunsFinalConcept_Small.gif

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Everyone else is throwing you a parade (and I would chip in), but I'm gonna rain on it a bit.

First off, on the jerseys, that thin purple piping needs to come to a point much higher up. As it is now, it would be tucked into the shorts and would seem like two seperate stripes that don't match up with the shorts.

Then, I have a slight problem with your color usage. You have black and grey in the logo, but completely neglect them on the jersey. I say drop the grey from everything. I think you could replace it in the logo with black, orange, or the red orange. Then, on the jersey, add a thin black stripe between the orange and purple (on the white jersey) and the orange and white (on the purple jersey). Then, put the black drop shadow back on the jersey scripts. I know you also have yellow and that red orange in the logo and not on the jersey, but I see that as a little bit different. Maybe because they seem more like highlight colors to the orange, I dunno.

Anyway, this really is fantastic work. When you get down to it, my complaints are minor, but I'd like to see them addressed (definatley the first one, and if not the entire second one, find some consistancy with the drop shadow).

why fix something that was never broken...the grey they had in their uniforms are one of the classiest in the NBA. The Wordmark they had on the jerseys are one of the best and the logo is traditional for the club. Trust me never fix something that never needed fixing in the first place. White how original :therock:

why fix something that was never broken...the grey they had in their uniforms are one of the classiest in the NBA. The Wordmark they had on the jerseys are one of the best and the logo is traditional for the club. Trust me never fix something that never needed fixing in the first place. White how original :therock:

I disagree. You sir are brutal.

Starchild is a genious. This is slick. Smooth stuff. You fixed this logo good. "Lilg" is drunk with jealousy, the suns stuff sucks!

Ekselent werk!

STARCHILD FOR PRES MOFUGGA!

STL - I see what you mean about the point on the jerseys - and I agree, it should come up higher. I didn't take into account that they would be tucked into the shorts (I guess I was doing it while thinking about how the jersey would look on myself with a pair of jeans rather than on the court ^_^ ) So with that, I will be fixing that. As for the color usage, I may attempt to go for what you suggested, just to see how it looks - but I don't agree with it. IMO, every color used in the logo doesn't have to be translated onto the jersey. The most used colors, or the primary colors of the team's identity, of course. But in this particular concept, black and grey are only used as accents, as well as the red-orange highlight on the ball. But either way, I appreciate your criticism as always. Always a plus to hear other ideas, and I will try to work up a second concept to try out your suggestions.

Lilg - A great man once said, and I quote - "Womp Womp." (Perhaps tell me something I can work with rather than saying it sucks... I don't mind criticism, as long as it's constructive)

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

I really dig these! Thank you for getting rid of the gray. Gray uniforms always look dingy or dirty, especially when put with purple and orange.

One thing that I thought of when I saw these was possibly incorporating the old 70's and 80's sunburst insert on the shorts. I know. Why mess with a good thing? Maybe give it a shot and see what happens. Just a thought.

Great job!

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Those are awesome man! I like the consistency of the colors and pattern on the jerseys. These beat out their current ones by far! It's too bad someone from the Suns organization can't get their butt over to this board and take a look at these........maybe then they could arrange to have some different uniforms for the 2005-06 season.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

lilg: I'm in the NBA, not the WNBA -- and I'd much prefer to wear Starchild's redesign than the current abominations. ;)

Well sorry for liking the current look. I never said I didn't like the look, I just think the current look the Suns have is the best in the NBA next to the Pistons. The Uniform is classy and sleek and one of the best they have had, the logo they have now is traditional, why change it to the secondary logo when they have had the logo they have had now since 1968. All i'm trying to say is why try to fix something when it really shouldn't of been broken in the first place. One more thing, why have white when you could have a gray, one of the more unique uni's in the NBA. Just my two cents sorry if everyone got offended. I am just a fan of the current look they have. Starchild I like your look it is very good, but I just like the look they have now

Archived