Players with Multiple Right Uniforms

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Like I said in the other thread:

And your second point is complete garbage. Joel Embiid’s right team is the 76ers; seeing him in any other jersey would be off-putting.

What? Joel Embiid has only ever known the 76ers. Unless he goes on a impressive 10 teams in 10 seasons, he’ll clearly be known as a 76er. He hasn’t jumped teams like Harden, Westbrook, Durant, Melo, Rose etc.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/26/2022 at 4:50 AM, M4One said:

Raymond Bourque

spacer.png

spacer.png

I don't think many people associate Bourque with the sleeve yoke Bruins jerseys. He wore them for less than 5 seasons, compared to 16 seasons in the previous set. Not to mention that the Bruins' worst seasons with him came in the late '90s.

On 2/28/2022 at 10:24 AM, AgentColon2 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

If we're counting home & away jerseys from the same period then this thread will be never ending. 

22 hours ago, Crabcake said:

I'm sorry but Blazers Scottie Pippen is a first-ballot "wrong" uniform.

I'd agree If you say Rockets but he had 4 seasons stint in Blazers and conference finals in first year.

4r2eer.png

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

I'd agree If you say Rockets but he had 4 seasons stint in Blazers and conference finals in first year.

It’s not a “right” uniform for him though to 99.9% of the population. He’s known to everyone as a Bull and that’s it.

9 hours ago, dont care said:

It’s not a “right” uniform for him though to 99.9% of the population. He’s known to everyone as a Bull and that’s it.

Exactly. It’s like saying the Chiefs are a right uniform for Montana. Sure he had a few decent seasons there and made the playoffs, so it might not be as jarring or “what the heck”-inducing as, say, Unitas on the Chargers, but it still doesn’t make it a right uniform. 

spacer.png

On 2/26/2022 at 8:00 AM, Burmy said:

Paul Molitor:

s-l400.jpg47967492016_3af32c8468_b.jpgfsn-twins-paul-molitor.jpg

Flag on the play. I'm happy Moli was able to win some hardware in Toronto, but that and Minnesota were cups of coffee compared to his career in Milwaukee. There's a reason only one of the three retired his number.

1 hour ago, NicDB said:

Flag on the play. I'm happy Moli was able to win some hardware in Toronto, but that and Minnesota were cups of coffee compared to his career in Milwaukee. There's a reason only one of the three retired his number.

When you win the World Series MVP that is a right uniform for you, doesn’t matter how long it’s for.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

When you win the World Series MVP that is a right uniform for you, doesn’t matter how long it’s for.

Again... I drive home the issue of the Blue Jays not retiring his number. Which if they did I would concede my point. 

I'll never deny that was a great moment in his career. It's like when Ray Borque finally raised the cup with the Avalanche. But both of those guys still only have one correct uniform.

10 hours ago, NicDB said:

Again... I drive home the issue of the Blue Jays not retiring his number. Which if they did I would concede my point. 

I'll never deny that was a great moment in his career. It's like when Ray Borque finally raised the cup with the Avalanche. But both of those guys still only have one correct uniform.

The Avalanche retired Bourque's number.   Just sayin'.

16 hours ago, NicDB said:

There's no doubt that Molitor is primarily a Brewer.

Still, his legacy is not complete without the story of him in the 1993 World Series, playing third base for the Blue Jays several years after he had last played that position regularly, and proving that he was not "just" a DH while being named the Series MVP, nor without his remarkable 1996 season at age 39 for the Twins, during which he set career highs in batting average, hits (led the league), RBIs, and doubles. So it's not quite as clear as just counting the seasons.  Due to the importance of any World Series feat, I will say that this qualifies the Blue Jays' uniform to be one of Molitor's right ones.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

11 hours ago, NicDB said:

As a bruin fan I have no issues saying the avalanche are one of Borque’s right uniforms. 

I dunno... maybe Molitor doesn't look right as a Blue Jay to me because of how contentious of an issue that was locally. Believe it or not, there was a time when Bud Selig wasn't universally loathed. But letting Molitor not only leave due to his own cheapness, but to the very team the Brewers just narrowly avoided catching that past September for the AL East pennant was flat out unforgivable. 

After seeing the image in SI of Molitor unpacking his Brewers bag into his Blue Jays locker, it was never gonna look right to me.

Archived