UCLA's New Standardized Colors

TruColor

After years of having no real standard for representing UCLA's Blue color, it looks like - at least for the university itself - that they have finally come up with a standard lighter Blue. However, it still looks like the athletic teams can kind of do whatever they want.

Interestingly, the new "UCLA Blue" is a custom color; no Pantone equivalent, although the new Graphic Identity package specifies the CMYK and RGB values.

Here are the new colors:

UCLA BLUE

UCLA GOLD

UCLA Blue is amazingly similar to the Seattle Seahawks "Pacific Blue" - also a custom color.

Here's a link to the new Graphic Identity Program:

UCLA Graphic Identity

Wouldn't it be nice if the athletic teams standardized their looks to this color pallete as well?

Now I'd just like to see them standardize the gold, and the logo. I mean, gold or yellow, which is it? And, I'd really like to see them go back to the newer bear logo instead of the Ucla script, seeing as how it's UCLA, not Ucla.

ucla.gif

Then again, I have a grudge against UCLA for sending me the good ole rejection letter, so my opinion might be biased a bit. But, needless to say, I can't help but smile when LMU and USC beat them.

VmWIn6B.png

The Gold - Yellow vs Metallic battle is close to my heart as well, being a Georgia Tech fan. Seems like a metalic could be chosen, and a pantone equivilant dedermined. I think Georgia Tech attempted this, but their gold was too yellowy, so it look like an additional color to the metallic.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Hey lmupepbander, I was out at your school this weekend for their invitational volleyball tournament. I work for Tennessee and had the opportunity to travel with the team. Your v-b squad sure does have some, um, talent, if you know what I mean.

I'm just surprised that I never noticed your sig lmupepbander - as you may or may not know, I'm a trombone player myself. Have been since 1972...

REALLY? Always happy to see fellow trombone players out there!

VmWIn6B.png

second only to the Scum Devils on my Arizona Wildcats' :censored: list.

Thanks for being clean about Arizona State. I have several friends in the Pride of Arizona Band, and they have far worse things to say about them.

VmWIn6B.png

I'm glad to see they've returned to the grey facemasks on their football helmets. That said, they're pretty boy losers, second only to the Scum Devils on my Arizona Wildcats' :censored: list.

BEAR DOWN!

I'm a big ASU fan. My sister is there riding a full scholarship. :D

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

And, I'd really like to see them go back to the newer bear logo instead of the Ucla script, seeing as how it's UCLA, not Ucla.

I dunno man, that is one flaming looking bear. And I like the light and dark blue, i think what they need to do is pick a consistent gold color for the pants and helmet. And go back to the old dollar-billesque number font. And go back to blue facemasks.

Yeah, I can't believe they went BACK to gray facemasks...Gray facemasks on Gold helmets look TERRIBLE...

(and yeah - I'm talkin' to you too Notre Dame)

I can't disagree with your perspective here, but I will say that I prefer the gray to the color of blue that they had been using (yes, I realize it matches the script on the helmet - but I've got an issue with that as well). I think a UCLA Blue cage would look great with that helmet - perhaps there wasn't time for the manufacturer to get that color right in time for this season and then again, perhaps the Bruins are simply taking a page out of their archrival's helmet playbook.

LMU- They were "talented" in a couple of different ways...

Actually, they are a really good team, we're just suddenly also a very good team. LMU dominated the other two teams in the tourney.

I will say that #11 is possibly the hottest girl in California, and I probably shouldn't say that since she used to play club with the girl I'm dating...

Archived