2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

6 hours ago, canzman said:

Regular Season Week 16 (Part1)
Jaguars @ Jets
FjdlCCf.jpgZPSB7yf.jpg

I most certainly hope not, though knowing those two teams that's probably exactly what we'll get 🤦🏿‍♂️

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 12/17/2022 at 7:50 PM, simtek34 said:

Nice comparison on Twitter of the Browns helmet options.

TBH, while the White Facemask looks better to me in motion and on players, I feel like the Grey Facemask looks better when pictured standalone like in this Tweet here.

I am more into the white face mask. The grey one just makes it look uglier.

• Like 1

So the Jaguars have basically gone back to what they were doing when black was the primary.

White at home in September

Teal in the middle of the season

Black in London and late in the season

They should at least wear teal for the final home game in Week 18, but it’s disappointing that teal was only worn for half of their home games. Kinda defeats the purpose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

So the Jaguars have basically gone back to what they were doing when black was the primary.

White at home in September

Teal in the middle of the season

Black in London and late in the season

They should at least wear teal for the final home game in Week 18, but it’s disappointing that teal was only worn for half of their home games. Kinda defeats the purpose.

Hey, if the Titans bottom out and the Jags keep rollin', they might win the division, which would mean one more teal home game.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Hey, if the Titans bottom out and the Jags keep rollin', they might win the division, which would mean one more teal home game.

I am hopeful that happens, as much as we'd all LOVE to see another playoff game in Nashville with the Titans in their navy jumpsuits.

• Like 5

On 12/18/2022 at 4:38 PM, Pigskin12 said:

And stop wearing the damn white socks with the gray pants

I’m the type who hardly notices socks, unless it’s the dreaded leggings look when they’re the same color as the pants. If they’re contrasting, I’m good. Blue would look better with the Lions’ gray pants, but it doesn’t bother me at all when they go white. 

• Like 2
  • Meh 1
  • Yawn 1

And there it is... 

Also, they're using the Black Facemasks, which they didn't use until 1977. So while it IS a throwback, it's to the wrong era. Unless they surprise us with Grey Facemasks on on Xmas.

• Like 9

da0Lbhs.png

37 minutes ago, Cujo said:

How is this not a permanent thing yet?

Because the futura condensed numbers are better.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Meh 1
  • Huh? 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Give me one good reason that isn’t “to match the helmet numbers” why they’re better.

I think they look good.  That's a good reason.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Because the futura condensed numbers are better.

+1, 🚫 🧢...iykyk.

But if you want my reasoning, it's simply this: given the timelessness of the Futura typeface--and the reason for/era in which it was designed (1920s, during the Bauhaus design movement, which sought to combine form, function and aesthetics, for ancient curious), it was and is about as perfect a way as there is to modernize a classic uniform without losing its essence.

(Now if you want the Steelers' reason for keeping the 1998 update around, I'd say point to merchandise sales...because if you know Steelerheads like I do, you could sell them a dangone toothbrush just because it has a Steeler logo on it...of course they'd double up on the jersey swag, man! 💶)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||