2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

17 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Former Washington TE Chris Cooley is getting recognized at this week’s game as one of the greatest 90 players in franchise history, but has chosen not to attend and does not wish to associate with the team at this time

Can't blame him

spacer.png

On 10/16/2022 at 11:27 PM, DoctorWhom said:

He looked good against 2 pretty bad teams. 

He has starter potential sure, but unless Mac comes back and plays like complete :censored: (like Carson Wentz :censored:) Zappe isn't starting over him. They have way too much invested in him.   

As far as the Eagles, IDK how to feel about them. They're good but their schedule is also piss easy. 

If this was on another team (like Dallas for instance), you'd be right to point out their opponents, limited sample size, etc. But Mac Jones has done absolutely nothing for the Patriots in his year plus and their offense has looked much better without him than with him. Going back to last year, if the Patriots asked him to do literally anything to win them the game, they lost. When that kind of player is your starter, why not roll with the hot hand?

Case in point, in games where Mac Jones attempted 35 or more passes last year (7 times), the Patriots scored a mean of 23 points or a median of 17 points (mitigating the outlier).

In games where he threw 30 passes or less (9 times), they scored a mean of 31 points with a median of 25 points.

The more he touched the ball, the worse their offense was. They should be jumping to replace him with ANYONE.

• Like 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

On 10/18/2022 at 10:53 AM, Sec19Row53 said:

Did you read the link? The 'highly successful coach' is what he called himself 🤣

In other words, we agree!

Perhaps you are a highly successful NFL owner.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, throwuascenario said:

If this was on another team (like Dallas for instance), you'd be right to point out their opponents, limited sample size, etc. But Mac Jones has done absolutely nothing for the Patriots in his year plus and their offense has looked much better without him than with him. Going back to last year, if the Patriots asked him to do literally anything to win them the game, they lost. When that kind of player is your starter, why not roll with the hot hand?

Case in point, in games where Mac Jones attempted 35 or more passes last year (7 times), the Patriots scored a mean of 23 points or a median of 17 points (mitigating the outlier).

In games where he threw 30 passes or less (9 times), they scored a mean of 31 points with a median of 25 points.

The more he touched the ball, the worse their offense was. They should be jumping to replace him with ANYONE.

Mac put up some of the best number for a rookie QB, was named to the Pro Bowl, and got the team to the playoffs in his rookie year. 

But sure, replace him with a guy that looked good against 2 of the worst defenses in the league. 

It's the same argument for the people saying to stick with Cooper Rush over Dak. 

• Like 2

Anyone else having a hell of a time trying to watch this game?  My internet speed on 5GHz is around 500MBs, and I can stream other channels and see in my router app that my TV is downloading fast.  It looks like whatever issue is on Amazon's end.  I figure I can't be the only one... right?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

Anyone else having a hell of a time trying to watch this game?  My internet speed on 5GHz is around 500MBs, and I can stream other channels and see in my router app that my TV is downloading fast.  It looks like whatever issue is on Amazon's end.  I figure I can't be the only one... right?

It spazzed out at one point for me. Haven’t had much of a problem since that

5 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

It spazzed out at one point for me. Haven’t had much of a problem since that

Weird.  I had a lot of trouble the first week (but it seems like that was normal for that week) but, while I haven't watched too much each week, haven't had any other issues till tonight.  Knock on wood, seems to be stable now, but had to restart 6 times.  I think I'm watching on a 5 minute delay now, which might also be helping with buffering.

EDIT: Guess I didn't knock on enough wood.  This is awful.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Robbie Anderson is playing?  I thought he couldn't play because of being traded so soon to the game.  That doesn't seem too safe, especially since his helmet is not broken in (assuming they're still saying that's important.)

• Like 1

Yeah, I tried watching for about five minutes, but it kept downscaling to like WorldStarHipHop quality, and even when it got up to standard, the picture was still really stuttery (you really notice it when they're tracking a pass in motion). Finally, I realized I don't need a Phoenix-New Orleans football game in my life and went back to my desk to complain about it on the internet.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Working fine for me on Xbox.

Working better than it is for the players; feels like every fourth play is an injury.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, I tried watching for about five minutes, but it kept downscaling to like WorldStarHipHop quality, and even when it got up to standard, the picture was still really stuttery (you really notice it when they're tracking a pass in motion). Finally, I realized I don't need a Phoenix-New Orleans football game in my life and went back to my desk to complain about it on the internet.

Yeah basically my experience.  Oh well.  At least the Eagles game will be simulcasted. 

I don't need this game in my life, but I enjoy watching NO lose since the Eagles get their 1st round pick next year because they're the dumbest bunch of dummies that ever made dumb trades.

37 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Robbie Anderson is playing?  I thought he couldn't play because of being traded so soon to the game.  That doesn't seem too safe, especially since his helmet is not broken in (assuming they're still saying that's important.)

I’d assume it’s because it’s considered a new week. Even though the trade happened on Monday. Similarly, Zach Ertz was traded by the Eagles directly after a Thursday night game and was declared ineligible for the Cardinals game that Sunday. Presumably due to both games taking place in the same week.

52 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Weird.  I had a lot of trouble the first week (but it seems like that was normal for that week) but, while I haven't watched too much each week, haven't had any other issues till tonight.  Knock on wood, seems to be stable now, but had to restart 6 times.  I think I'm watching on a 5 minute delay now, which might also be helping with buffering.

EDIT: Guess I didn't knock on enough wood.  This is awful.

It's odd because Week 2 everything was crystal clear for me, then every week from Week 3 onward it's been 4K picture quality, but the FPS has taken a huge hit. Yet that FPS hit is only during game action and not during ads or animations, which makes it even weirder (EDIT: on a Roku Smart TV FWIW)

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

21 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I’d assume it’s because it’s considered a new week. Even though the trade happened on Monday. Similarly, Zach Ertz was traded by the Eagles directly after a Thursday night game and was declared ineligible for the Cardinals game that Sunday. Presumably due to both games taking place in the same week.

I suppose that makes sense (assuming because MNF means that it's still the previous week) but it does seem to run counter to the league's bogus claims on caring about player safety.  I guess the NFLPA (who let's be honest - also doesn't care about player safety) could argue that he's being deprived of a full 17 game season and therefore a fair shot at any incentives he may have.  But honestly, they (the NFL and the NFLPA) either care about safety or they don't.  It's pretty clear that they don't.

• Like 2