2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

Just now, Red Comet said:

You're the one who brought up how "at least the Pats and their fanbase weren't this arrogant" as if we're supposed to pretend the last two decades didn't happen no matter how much we wish we could. Of course I'm going to defend my fanbase, especially from such a patently ludicrous charge. Other people clowned on you, you doubled and tripled down and now everyone is taking the piss. 

I'm not that one that brought the Patriots in the first place. I didn't even mention them until someone else brought them up. 

If you want to be the next NFL "dynasty" get used to people calling out your teams arrogance. 

• Huh? 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Which is funny because I didn't even bring it up in the first place. 😄

Don't bring it up, then complain about it. No one likes double standards. 

Another thing no one likes is someone who constantly argues just for the sake of arguing. Take that however you'd like.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

15 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

I'm not that one that brought the Patriots in the first place. I didn't even mention them until someone else brought them up. 

If you want to be the next NFL "dynasty" get used to people calling out your teams arrogance. 

Dude, just stop. As another Patriots fan saying this, just stop. You're not going win and most people are just winding you up at this point anyway.

It's just not worth it and the best thing you'll do is stain the pretty good reputation most Patriots fans have established for ourselves here.

• Like 6
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

13 hours ago, 8BW14 said:

Sure the Eagles defender had his hands on him but he never held the receiver. 

We have stop saying this. It was unquestionably a hold.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Is it ticky tacky? Very much so. Were the refs generally letting them play throughout the game? Yes. Was it a hold? Definitively, yes. The first one clearly shows a jersey pull. He even held him twice on the play. Additionally, Bradberry himself said it was a hold. That should be the end of it. 

Not to mention it all occurred before the pass was thrown and near the line of scrimmage. I know that doesn’t preclude defensive holding but there was really nothing there. 

I have many complaints of defensive holding calls, especially when the holding is away from the play or that it's an automatic first down penalty, but a defensive holding is defensive holding. It's one of the more clear cut rules that the NFL has in terms of how it's defined. Defenders cannot grab and pull/hold onto receiving targets, no matter where they are on the field or if the QB even throws a pass (even in the backfield or on the LOS). I'd even wager that if Bradberry doesn't hold JuJu on this play, this is probably a TD. He would have been wide, wide open. JuJu beat him instantly off the line.

• Like 4

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Bradberry got beat and should have let Smith-Schuster score to set up playing for the tie with time remaining. Made a bad mistake in the heat of the moment. Or he successfully holds, it doesn't get called, and Smith-Schuster does downward dog in protest.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

We have stop saying this. It was unquestionably a hold.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Is it ticky tacky? Very much so. Were the refs generally letting them play throughout the game? Yes. Was it a hold? Definitively, yes. The first one clearly shows a jersey pull. He even held him twice on the play. Additionally, Bradberry himself said it was a hold. That should be the end of it. 

I have many complaints of defensive holding calls, especially when the holding is away from the play or that it's an automatic first down penalty, but a defensive holding is defensive holding. It's one of the more clear cut rules that the NFL has in terms of how it's defined. Defenders cannot grab and pull/hold onto receiving targets, no matter where they are on the field or if the QB even throws a pass (even in the backfield or on the LOS). I'd even wager that if Bradberry doesn't hold JuJu on this play, this is probably a TD. He would have been wide, wide open. JuJu beat him instantly off the line.

Okay, by the letter of the law, he held him. I’ll give you that, but it had not been called like that all game. Bradberry said that too. My biggest issue with the call is the inconsistency there. We all want the last minute to be officiated like the first 59 right? In this game, that call would not have been made in the first minute so I don’t think it’s right to change the rules on the defense, who is already at a huge disadvantage, in the last minute. If the officials had been calling ticky tacky holding calls all game, maybe the defender doesn’t put his hands on the receiver there. You won’t convince me it’s not a bad call in that situation and a bad look for the officiating. Also, what’s Bradberry supposed to say when a reporter asks that question? He doesn’t want to make it about him or get fined. He was being a good boy and a good teammate. That call did not lose the game for the Eagles, but it effectively ended the game and it was a bad call.

2 hours ago, Sport said:

Mahomes threw it long on purpose to sell it too. The bad throw gives the optical illusion that the hold was worse than it really was. 

That was actually brilliant by Mahomes. The refs were calling the game tight all day, letting some players get away with multiple penalties, so once he recognized the clear holding, he sold it to give the illusion like it was way worse.

People always say the refs were “letting it go all game” because they saw the TV replay of the time it wasn’t called.  You know, the refs don’t get to see those multiple replays of non calls, nor get to hear the announcer break it down. It always makes it look like the ref made a conscious decision not to call the penalty instead of what’s significantly more likely.  That they just missed the call, like you know… a human being.  And at the end of the game, he saw it. What was he supposed to do, not call the penalty he saw based the the idea he might have missed something similar back in the second quarter? 

This is getting stupid. Hey, why not just triple the amount of referees on the field and stop the game after every play to check the replay?  That’ll get you your consistency. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, oldschoolvikings said:

This is getting stupid. Hey, why not just triple the amount of referees on the field and stop the game after every play to check the replay?  That’ll get you your consistency. 

I just want them to consistently make favorable calls for the team I'm rooting for, and unfavorable calls to the team I'm rooting against.

Is that too much to ask?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

People are acting like it's common for there to be games called super tight where there's four or five of these calls every game and since they didn't do that, they shouldn't have called that one. The reality is that they flag defensive holding a little over once per game.  So most of the time when they call defensive holding, they "let them play" the rest of the game and it's the only time they call it.  If you pull a receivers jersey as he comes out of his break, it's going to be a penalty.

Bradberry was about as beat as you'll see an NFL player on that play.  Even with the hold and JuJu not coming out of his break cleanly, he was still wide open. That's an easy TD without the hold. 

• Like 3

IUe6Hvh.png

8 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Hey, why not just triple the amount of referees on the field and stop the game after every play to check the replay? 

I'm all for it. It's not like going full Zapruder film every five minutes or so ever gets old. While we're at it, let's add another 15-20 pages to the definition of a catch. 🙃

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

Bradberry said he held.

There's nothing to even debate if the player himself says it was the right call.

End of story.

I was hoping they would let it slide.

I think that's the key point of his statement. Why would he say that if the officials NEVER let a holding call 'slide'. He's a liar? Or he's telling the truth?

• WOAH 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Facepalm 1