2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

Just now, Cujo said:

But only definitely throw a bad flag if it favors the losing team! Want that nail-biting finish, even if it goes against the league's integrity. 👍

First off, since when has the league suddenly have integrity? 😄

Got it. So you want incredibly boring, slow games where penalties are called every single time.  

Reminds me of the people that want robot umps in the MLB. 

2 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

First off, since when has the league suddenly have integrity? 😄

Got it. So you want incredibly boring, slow games where penalties are called every single time.  

Reminds me of the people that want robot umps in the MLB. 

Q: Do you really want consistency from referees?

A: Uh, yes?

• Facepalm 1

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, FiddySicks said:

Here’s something that might make people happy. Chiefs winning the Super Bowl made Tom Brady and the Bucs what I like to call the “ultimate playoff losers”. There’s almost always one every single season (It might always happen? I haven’t thought this one through fully and have been drinking). 

Bucs lost to Dallas who lost to San Francisco who lost to Philly who lost to KC. Everyone point and laugh at the seven time champion. 

This is more fun/interesting than I initially thought it would be. It actually doesn't happen every season. Last year the "ultimate playoff loser" was New England ironically enough. NE lost to Buf, who lost to KC, who lost to Cincy, who lost to LA. 

Last time we didn't have a UPL was 2017. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Just now, Cujo said:

Q: Do you really want consistency from referees?

A: Uh, yes?

So you want the NFL to be more boring than it already is? Gotcha. 

Besides, If they were being "consistent", they probably would have let that hold go. like they had done earlier. Which is why Bradberry thought he could get away with it. 

Or is that not the "consistency" you want? 

Just now, DoctorWhom said:

I'd take a "boring" 38-35 game over something rigged. Yes.

Btw have you been drinking? Throwing your support behind the rigging and scripting of National Football League games is utterly insane.

I have nothing more to add to this conversation.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6uXNWAo.png

24 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Besides, If they were being "consistent", they probably would have let that hold go. like they had done earlier. Which is why Bradberry thought he could get away with it. 

Or is that not the "consistency" you want? 

I don't think them missing a blatant one earlier in the game means they should have swallowed their whistles on one late in a game, though.  And, fwiw, the Chiefs did have a drive end with a pretty blatant hold not called, so it's sort of a wash, I guess.

Looking at it more, I've reversed course and I'm fine with the call.  It was a borderline call, sure.  But there was a clear grab and it happened on a play where Bradberry was out of position and beat with no safety help.  Wish the broadcast showed this angle -- felt like they focused it more on what Bradberry did as JSS turned up field.

QvLlDll.jpg

• Like 6

IUe6Hvh.png

Just now, Cujo said:

I'd take a "boring" 38-35 game over something rigged. Yes.

Btw have you been drinking? Throwing your support behind the rigging and scripting of National Football League games is utterly insane.

I have nothing more to add to this conversation.

Who is supporting rigging? I'm supporting letting players play, so we can have an exciting game. 

1 minute ago, See Red said:

I don't think them missing a blatant one earlier in the game means they should have swallowed their whistles on one late in a game, though.  And, fwiw, the Chiefs did have a drive end with a pretty blatant hold not called, so it's sort of a wash, I guess.

Looking at it more, I've reversed course and I'm fine with the call.  It was a borderline call, sure.  But there was a clear grab and it happened on a play where Bradberry was out of position and beat.  Wish the broadcast showed this angle.

Was it the Right call? Yes. 

Does it suck that a game like this had such a lousy ending? Yes. 

I don't get why both of these are such controversial statements. 

• Huh? 2

Just now, DoctorWhom said:

Who is supporting rigging? I'm supporting letting players play, so we can have an exciting game. 

Was it the Right call? Yes. 

Does it suck that a game like this had such a lousy ending? Yes. 

I don't get why both of these are such controversial statements. 

Because getting the call right at the cost of an exciting finish is 100% what should happen in sports and you're suggesting they do the opposite.

• Like 3

IUe6Hvh.png

Just now, See Red said:

Because getting the call right at the cost of an exciting finish is 100% what should happen in sports and you're suggesting they do the opposite.

The game would be far more different , and a hell of a lot more boring  if they made every call 100% of the time. 

It sucks when refs are the ones to decide the outcome of games like that. 

• Dislike 2

8 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

The game would be far more different , and a hell of a lot more boring  if they made every call 100% of the time. 

It sucks when refs are the ones to decide the outcome of games like that. 

Understanding they can't call every infraction, they should try to get the ones that have a larger impact on the game correct.  On this one specifically, the defender was out of position on the play and had no safety help over the top  on a pivotal play and frankly, those are the ones they should call.  "The call was correct but they shouldn't call it because it made the finish less exciting" is such a non-sense take.  That would be rigging the game.

But the refs say he held him, JuJu says he was held, and Bradberry says he held him.  So what the :censored: are we even whining about here?

• Applause 5

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Gonna be one hell of a trivia question.

Which QB who went to Michigan retired in 2022 with a Super Bowl ring?

Brady ❌

Henne ✅

He might not be the last backup QB to retire this offseason.  Quite a few older backups out there: Colt McCoy, Brian Hoyer, Blaine Gabbert, Josh Johnson, Joe Flacco,  and Chase Daniel.  If all of these guys retire, as well as Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers, it would make Andy Dalton the oldest QB in the league.

1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:

What happened here?

KoAGFYL.gif

Real life Retro Bowl, that's what :D  when you need to go deep with 5 seconds left and your QB has maxed out arm strength...but you went deep a lot early so he's out of stamina 😑

@Red Comet, at least wear socks, man...never know what's on that floor 🧐

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Just now, See Red said:

Understanding they can't call every infraction, they should try to get the ones that have a larger impact on the game correct.  On this one specifically, the defender was out of position on the play and had no safety help over the top  on a pivotal play and frankly, those are the ones they should call.  "The call was correct but they shouldn't call it because it made the finish less exciting" is such a non-sense take.  That would be rigging the game.

But the refs say he held him, JuJu says he was held, and Bradberry says he held him.  So what the :censored: are we even whining about here?

If you don't think that was a terrible, anticlimactic ending to the game, IDK what else to say. 

It just sucks when games are decided by penalties rather than the players. 

It was the right call, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a disappointing way to end the game. Regardless of the teams playing. 

Like the Bucs - Falcons game this season. when a Roughing the passer is what decided the game. I recall people being pretty pissed about that, and not just Falcons fans. Of course there are dozens of other examples. 

14 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

If you don't think that was a terrible, anticlimactic ending to the game, IDK what else to say. 

It just sucks when games are decided by penalties rather than the players.

It was decided by the players. The official didn't pull JuJu's jersey. The player did.

And yes, it was anticlimactic.  But if I had to choose between a game being thrilling and a game being fairly called, I'll take the latter.

14 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Like the Bucs - Falcons game this season. when a Roughing the passer is what decided the game. I recall people being pretty pissed about that, and not just Falcons fans. Of course there are dozens of other examples. 

The problem with roughing the passer is how it's enforced. That call was consistent with how the league has instructed the officials to call roughing the passer. The problem is how the league has instructed the officials to call roughing the passer is garbage.

This was a jersey grab on a WR coming out of a break by a defender who was in poor position. It's very consistent with how defensive holding is called in this league. 

Edit to add an unrelated comment that the league should stop letting players push the QB forward on QB sneaks. 

IUe6Hvh.png

Just now, See Red said:

It was decided by the players. The official didn't pull JuJu's jersey. The player did.

But the Ref was the one that threw the flag, after not throwing a flag for any other clear holding calls in the game. 

Just now, See Red said:

And yes, it was anticlimactic.  But if I had to choose between a game being thrilling and a game being fairly called, I'll take the latter.

Except there is no such thing as a fairly called game.  Every game has bad or missed calls. 

4 minutes ago, See Red said:

The problem with roughing the passer is how it's enforced. That call was consistent with how the league has instructed the officials to call roughing the passer. The problem is how the league has instructed the officials to call roughing the passer is garbage.

This was a jersey grab on a WR coming out of a break by a defender who was in poor position. It's very consistent with how defensive holding is called in this league. 

Except it wasn't consistent with how the refs had been calling holds during the game. Which is not at all. 

It was the right call sure, but it sucks that the only one they called is the one the gave us such a lame duck of an ending. 

Good game. Ending sucked. 

Don't know why people are trying to argue that. 

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

But the Ref was the one that threw the flag, after not throwing a flag for any other clear holding calls in the game. 

Except there is no such thing as a fairly called game.  Every game has bad or missed calls. 

Except it wasn't consistent with how the refs had been calling holds during the game. Which is not at all. 

It was the right call sure, but it sucks that the only one they called is the one the gave us such a lame duck of an ending. 

Good game. Ending sucked. 

Don't know why people are trying to argue that. 

I'd like to see all of these other clear holds they missed all game. More specifically, I'd like to see the ones where an out-of-position defender grabbed a receivers jersey as he was coming out of a break.

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

He might not be the last backup QB to retire this offseason.  Quite a few older backups out there: Colt McCoy, Brian Hoyer, Blaine Gabbert, Josh Johnson, Joe Flacco,  and Chase Daniel.  If all of these guys retire, as well as Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers, it would make Andy Dalton the oldest QB in the league.

as someone who first got extremely into football around 2010 or so, this makes me feel like my body is a withered husk

53Ocz8U.png