2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

1 minute ago, Red Comet said:

AngryJoe is a Cowboys fan IIRC, so he probably has another reason to cheer against the Eagles. And even if he was a Chiefs fan, great, you found a bunghole on social media. That’s nothing anyone has seen before.

Way to ignore the point. They did the same :censored: with the Raiders. 

But apparently their arrogance gets a free pass. 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Like I said, the rose tinted glasses for Mahomes is insane. 🙄

Have you forgotten about the Tyree catch?

The Butler Pick?

28-3?

Philly Special? 

Yeah, so bland & boring. 

Who the :censored: cares about the Patriots?

• Like 5
  • Applause 7

3 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Guys i think i found Austin From Boston's dupe account. Common trait of hating on the chiefs and dragging out arguments

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

spacer.png

I think people are forgetting the FIRST year of the Brady era. The tuck rule? The injury and whether it was going to be Brady or Bledsoe playing in the Super Bowl? Going against 'the Greatest Show on Turf' who was the darlings of SB XXXVI but quickly became the Evil Empire because of how explosive they were under Warner leading to the biggest underdog ever winning (18 points at the time)?

No. Brady had such a ridiculous jock riding from the start it was nauseating. Rather than just letting it fester and be tolerable, the NFL rode that train for two decades. But the NFL does that with every 'star'. They're either your favorite player or you loathe their existence. I don't know how the NFL marketing continues to do it like that.

But, people do forget the long stretch where the Patriots were just 'good' and not great under Brady. They won three Super Bowls in 4 years (Rams, DNP, Panthers, and Eagles). Then went NINE YEARS without a Super Bowl title. I know in that time they had the undefeated season, and two losses to the Giants. But the NFL felt 'wide open' during that time. Teams figured out Brady and Belichick. They cakewalked through the East most years, but they struggled in the playoffs against great teams again and again. And the Giants and Eli (the Manning that Brady couldn't beat) did them in twice in those 9 years.

AND THEN, the NFL got back on the Brady Train. Four SB appearances in 5 years, 3 titles and one Philly Special loss. Absolutely repulsive praise of all things Brady and the Patriots. As if the rest of the league didn't exist. Because as much as NFL promoted Rodgers, nobody liked him. He was very unlikeable and Titletown or not, NFL just shuddered at the thought of him doing anything. Say what you want about Favre, but he at least had character as the Packers QB.

And in that long span at the end, the only SB Brady didn't get to go to was the Manning farewell game where his entire defense hoisted his desiccated corpse off the ground and carried him to a Super Bowl title.

There used to be the claim that the NFL Salary Cap brought 'parity' to the league. In hindsight, it never did. Teams that became successful stayed successful. And one-off blips like Carolina, San Francisco, Carolina, Seattle, etc, could jump up and make a title and even win it one year, weren't going to go against the NFL buzzsaw for too long. Because the Salary Cap doesn't create parity. You overpay for one year success and dismantle (looking at you Rams) or you cycle through mediocrity for years with the occasional blip.

• Like 1

Saw it again a few times, and what an absolute crap flag to throw in any game, let alone the 4th q of a Super Bowl. Feel so bad for the players that will never know if they could have won the game or not.  It’s not about being a sore loser, it’s about wanting to know that what you’re watching is on the level (and I’m simply suggesting that the officiating is terrible, not that there was a predetermined conspiracy afoot).

I’m sure the parade in the Walmart parking lot will be cool. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Sad 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Brady didn't really become the NFL's "darling" until at least that 3rd Super Bowl win that cemented them as a dynasty. 

People are so quick to forget they actually missed the playoffs on 2002. Peyton was still a bigger name than Brady at the time. Winning MVP in 03 & 04. 

Mahomes almost instantly became the NFL's new golden boy in his 1st starting season. It's ridiculous. 

15 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Saw it again a few times, and what an absolute crap flag to throw in any game, let alone the 4th q of a Super Bowl. Feel so bad for the players that will never know if they could have won the game or not.  It’s not about being a sore loser, it’s about wanting to know that what you’re watching is on the level (and I’m simply suggesting that the officiating is terrible, not that there was a predetermined conspiracy afoot).

I’m sure the parade in the Walmart parking lot will be cool. 

If it was more obvious, I could see siding with the refs. But the fact that call basically decided the game is what sucks. 

Refs just need to let them play in those cases. KC probably still scores regardless, but at least Philly gets to respond. At least then there aren't any excuses. 

4 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

At least then there aren't any excuses. 

Excuses that I'm not hearing? The Eagles blowing a double-digit lead at halftime. Philly allowing the Chiefs to score on every 2nd half possession with an injured quarterback. But y'all go on about how a correct call ruined their night. 👍

• Like 6

6uXNWAo.png

8 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Refs just need to let them play in those cases. KC probably still scores regardless, but at least Philly gets to respond. At least then there aren't any excuses. 

Yeah they would have got their field goal, then who knows what would’ve happened. 

for all the macho “correct call!!” then why are so many non-partisan people… not just on this forum, but nationwide… saying it was crap?

I wonder if Britt Reid was cheering on from prison.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Excuses that I'm not hearing? The Eagles blowing a double-digit lead at halftime. Philly allowing the Chiefs to score on every 2nd half possession with an injured quarterback. But y'all go on about how a correct call ruined their night. 👍

Was it the right call? Sure, doesn't change the fact that they've let those kinds of holds go before.  The fact that after a game like that, it's a such a soft penalty the decided the game is what sucks. If it was a more blentent holding call, then that would at least be more fair. Even Fox was questioning it. 

Point is, Is that how you wanted it to end?

Or did you want to see Hurts make 1 final drive with about a minute left to tie or win the game? 

Such a good game like that had a wet fart of an ending. Nevermind who won. to end it like that is just so disappointing. 

5 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Or did you want to see Hurts make 1 final drive with about a minute left to tie or win the game? 

Such a good game like that had a wet fart of an ending. Nevermind who won. to end it like that is just so disappointing. 

So what you're really saying is you want the league to RIG games to insure an incredible conclusion. Gotcha.

• LOL 3

6uXNWAo.png

58 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

This is weird, man. Normal people don't get this worked up about a game that didn't involve their team. The outdoors would do wonders for you my man. Personally, I chose playing basketball as my method to get back into the real world when I use to get like this.

It ain't that serious. 

• Like 3

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

9 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Was it the right call? Sure, doesn't change the fact that they've let those kinds of holds go before.  The fact that after a game like that, it's a such a soft penalty the decided the game is what sucks. If it was a more blentent holding call, then that would at least be more fair. Even Fox was questioning it. 

I think you should either touch grass or smoke it. 

• LOL 5

Just now, DoctorWhom said:

Or as the saying goes "let them play". 

But only definitely throw a bad flag if it favors the losing team! Want that nail-biting finish, even if it goes against the league's integrity. 👍

• LOL 2

6uXNWAo.png