2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I think I saw a different show. 

I think I could have gone along with it being a great show, but with her obviously lip synching and not giving a damn, it's not that great to me. I was happy they didn't decide to add 2-3 extra stars to pop up during the show, but it's just okay. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Last night was the first time I ever heard officials holding the ball so the defense could make substitutions.

Might absolutely have been the correct call by the book; it was just something I had never heard done before. And both times they made that call, they were holding the ball for the Chiefs to get set. It just feels weirdly paternal to me.

Again, holding the ball for the defense to make subs might be a normal thing but it stuck out as odd to me.

Not the first time I have heard that. I saw it in college and pro this year (including my school being forced to call a timeout once).

I am not exactly sure of how the rule is written/enforced, but I'll say this. Getting a 12-man-on-the-field call is an Aaron Rodgers strategy and it's lame, so I like the idea of trying to prevent that.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

5 hours ago, See Red said:

It's very common for the official to stand over the ball to allow the defense to sub.  The defense is at a huge disadvantage when it comes to subs since they have to react to offensive personnel, so the rules allow them to do so without having to worry about getting caught with too many men on the field.

What happened last night is on one play, the Eagles didn't actually sub, to my knowledge, but since the play went out of bounds to the Eagles sideline, it gets treated as if they did. Philly wanted to quick snap to avoid a potential review and did, but the refs shouldn't have allowed it. On an another, the Eagles subbed late and the refs have to provide KC the ability to do it. 

Was that caused by the receiver running about 15 yards through the team's bench area?

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Be interesting to see the Venn diagram of people who think you had to call the late foul in Celtics-Lakers lest you be Unfair To LeBron and people who think you had to let the players play last night.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Was that caused by the receiver running about 15 years through the team's bench area?

Dallas Goedert: bench area aged him by 15 years, now needs Hair Club for Men, must now retire

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

4 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

That's the kinda call that in the second quarter of a week 3 game, people will think could go either way. The difference here, aside from the obvious spotlight, is that for 58 minutes that call had not been made. That's the reason the call bothers me. If the game had been called tightly all game, then I could live with that. But they'd been keeping their flags in their pockets, leading this to be a very ticky-tack call by comparison. It's an inconsistency and that's why I don't like it.

I hold the unpopular opinion that refs can decide games late by letting penalties go just as much as they can by calling them. That said, this was closer to the latter, regardless of the letter of the law, simply because I don't think it's called in the first 55 minutes of the game.

I've been as willing as anyone to suggest that the NFL has a huge problem with favoritism of certain players and teams. In this case, I'm not quite ready to make that leap because I didn't feel like I was seeing a one-sided game the entire time.  The games that really upset me are games like the Steelers vs. Seattle and Arizona where every call seemingly went to one team. In this case the question is did they really make this call to help KC or did the official who made the call kinda choke? They're human, too and maybe he saw the contact and didn't want to be the guy who let a penalty go at the end of the game.

Again, I wish the call had not been made but conspiracies only enter my mind because of past history...this game, in a vacuum, didn't feel like one team was getting preferential treatment.

Exactly. 

If they were calling it all game, that'd be one thing, but when that's the only time they call it, it becomes a problem. 

How refs call games does impact how the players play.  Bradberry held because the refs weren't calling it all game, so he thought they wouldn't there. 

If they were more consistent, and were calling that earlier then players like him are more conscientious of making those penalties. 

If people want "consistency" from the refs, then in  a game like that, it would be not calling it. 

Of course the problem is they aren't consistent in making those calls. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

So are we just not going to talk about the NFL spending nearly a million dollars just for the Super Bowl to have slip & slide grass? 

They're are so damn lucky no player was hurt. 

What does this have to do with the Boston sports scene?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Yawn 1

32 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

What does this have to do with the Boston sports scene?

I didn’t think of the Boston scene, but I was thinking how arrogant the field was, took the sod in New England 3 years for it to be slippery

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

People aren't sick of hearing about Boston sports, boss. They're just sick of hearing about Boston sports from you. 😉

Which is funny because I didn't even bring it up in the first place. 😄

Don't bring it up, then complain about it. No one likes double standards. 

• Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1

18 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Would it be better if we talked about sports in Austin, Texas instead? 

I have no clue what you're implying, but Maybe don't bring up Boston sports in the first place if you can't stand people talking about it. 

Just a thought. 

4 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

I have no clue what you're implying, but Maybe don't bring up Boston sports in the first place if you can't stand people talking about it. 

Just a thought. 

You're the one who brought up how "at least the Pats and their fanbase weren't this arrogant" as if we're supposed to pretend the last two decades didn't happen no matter how much we wish we could. Of course I'm going to defend my fanbase, especially from such a patently ludicrous charge. Other people clowned on you, you doubled and tripled down and now everyone is taking the piss. 

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Just a thought. 

Stoppppppppppppppppppp.

• Like 1
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?