MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

So brand new uniforms coming for the A's in 2025? Wow!

Wonder if they still will be called the Athletics?

By the way, i am not familiar with the situation in Oakland, how will moving the team help their attendance problem, the problem as i understand, is not the worn-out stadium, but the cheap owner who refuse to pay the talent on the team right?

39 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

By the way, i am not familiar with the situation in Oakland, how will moving the team help their attendance problem, the problem as i understand, is not the worn-out stadium, but the cheap owner who refuse to pay the talent on the team right?

I'm anticipating new uniforms, or at least some changes to the current set (other than just swapping Oakland with Las Vegas of course).

Would be shocked if the name changed.

Not commenting on your other question because that's off topic, so will only add - Viva Las Vegas! ;)

Absolutely no reason or justification for the Vegas A's to change their name. 

90% of this is just the principal of the thing, it's a legacy franchise with tons of history and a freaking fantastic color scheme. 

10% for consideration is you also have the Aces in town, and Raiders, so the "A" sound just kind of fits. 

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

Cubs are wearing their CC uniforms today for the first time. Don’t know if they are going to be wearing these every Friday home game like past seasons or a one time thing since they stated they are celebrating the neighborhoods of Chicago this weekend.

49 minutes ago, Yac12 said:

Cubs are wearing their CC uniforms today for the first time. Don’t know if they are going to be wearing these every Friday home game like past seasons or a one time thing since they stated they are celebrating the neighborhoods of Chicago this weekend.

They said it’ll be their Friday uniform for this summer.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, adsarebad said:

Not necessarily, other than simply replacing "Oakland" on the aways/alts with either "Las Vegas" or "Athletics".

Yes. That name will not ever change. No matter how many cities it's been in.

Whatever one's opinion on whether or not they should move, you can't really compare the two cities. Major League baseball in Vegas has never happened, so it's complete speculation whether or not people will show up. I'd say it's more likely they do, for awhile at least. Long term is anybody's guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

They said it’ll be their Friday uniform for this summer.

Glad to see the Cubs honoring North Lawndale and Englewood, maybe they can hit Bridgeport and Mount Greenwood next

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

23 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Glad to see the Cubs honoring North Lawndale and Englewood, maybe they can hit Bridgeport and Mount Greenwood next

I'll wait for the salute to Kenosha 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

It's where I sit.

The Cubbies really need to do something about their road and alternate uniforms. I'd put forward their road is the worst in the MLB, and while their alternate is okay, its not anywhere near as nice as the 1980s blue pullover.
b83a8fd6d863f547214e53968d9739cd.jpg&f=1

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The Cubbies really need to do something about their road and alternate uniforms. I'd put forward their road is the worst in the MLB, and while their alternate is okay, its not anywhere near as nice as the 1980s blue pullover.
b83a8fd6d863f547214e53968d9739cd.jpg&f=1

That’s a hot take for sure. I’d say the only gripe I have with the Cubs road look is the white trim, which is totally unnecessary.

spacer.png

Look how much cleaner the design is without the white (plus that sleeve patch!):

spacer.png

It’s the same complaint I have with the Yankees away set. The white against the gray muddies up the script. Their Field of Dreams design looked clean and timeless without the white.

spacer.png

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

That’s a hot take for sure. I’d say the only gripe I have with the Cubs road look is the white trim, which is totally unnecessary.

spacer.png

Look how much cleaner the design is without the white (plus that sleeve patch!):

spacer.png

Shows just how much one change can make a big difference.

Surprised this hasn’t been posted here yet. Uni Watch leaked the Pirates CC cap.

spacer.png

The pattern matches the leaked socks. For me, it’s a decent looking cap but that pattern will be unnoticed at more than five feet so it’s a stupid design choice.

It’s also strange they introduced a different font for the script (though very similar), but kept the classic font for the cap.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Hurl 1

I actually was wondering if the A's would change.  Obviously, I don't think they should, but that's for reason of history and such, and how much do people find that more important than flashy new stuff nowadays?  But the renderings for their home have featured the current A sooooo much.  I know that it's all tentative, but it seemed like such a major feature, including a large statue of it at the entrance.

spacer.png

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, Silent Wind of Doom said:

I actually was wondering if the A's would change.  Obviously, I don't think they should, but that's for reason of history and such, and how much do people find that more important than flashy new stuff nowadays?  But the renderings for their home have featured the current A sooooo much.  I know that it's all tentative, but it seemed like such a major feature, including a large statue of it at the entrance.

My prediction is that the only change they will make is changing the script on their road and Kelly Green alt from Oakland to Las Vegas. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Surprised this hasn’t been posted here yet. Uni Watch leaked the Pirates CC cap.

spacer.png

I zoomed in on that cap pattern and...I'm seeing what looks like letter Ys all through that. 

If they tout out the yinzer angle imma just...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I zoomed in on that cap pattern and...I'm seeing what looks like letter Ys all through that. 

If they tout out the yinzer angle imma just...

I figured a Three Rivers thing.

But I don't expect no reference to this.

spacer.png

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

My prediction is that the only change they will make is changing the script on their road and Kelly Green alt from Oakland to Las Vegas. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Chargers and change the green to kelly green full time when they move

• Like 3
  • WOAH 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

On 6/16/2023 at 7:52 PM, Seido_Ace said:

I'm anticipating new uniforms, or at least some changes to the current set (other than just swapping Oakland with Las Vegas of course).

Would be shocked if the name changed.

Not commenting on your other question because that's off topic, so will only add - Viva Las Vegas! ;)

Of course......... it's just that i don't understand why the team is moving.

So they have no fans in the stands, of course not, all the good players are  always traded.

So why would people show up to see the same team, just in another city?

😵‍💫

Where can i find the answer for that?