MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

I never get why teams wear alternate or specialty jerseys on a league wide theme. I mean the whole Boston CC mess today is my point. Side note: I hate the CC program, but this one bothers me the most for some reason. Another side note: I’d 

love to find someone who never watched sports and show them the Sox CC and the football giants roads and ask them to point to “big blue” and the “Red Sox”

also, the pirates put out another CC teaser 

apparently it’s not a Y but it’s the three rivers. Also, the Y is upside down in the video.

KISSwall09.jpg

12 hours ago, hormone said:

I never get why teams wear alternate or specialty jerseys on a league wide theme. I mean the whole Boston CC mess today is my point. Side note: I hate the CC program, but this one bothers me the most for some reason. Another side note: I’d 

love to find someone who never watched sports and show them the Sox CC and the football giants roads and ask them to point to “big blue” and the “Red Sox”

also, the pirates put out another CC teaser 

apparently it’s not a Y but it’s the three rivers. Also, the Y is upside down in the video.

I’d rather see them do this with the CC unis than see their regular unis get desecrated by this crap.

12 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

While the circumstances are unfortunate, a move to Las Vegas gives the A's the perfect opportunity to adopt their superior logo (and color scheme) full time. The current logo just isn't as good as this one.

ZfyDxC4.png

The 's is dumb.  They looked way better back in the day when they used simply the A.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This is a great jersey. Cleaner than with the apostrophe. I get that “A’s” is way more commonly used than when the Mariners tried to push “M’s”, but it’s still a nickname for the nickname so I’d rather just go with the abbreviation for the nickname. 

OAK1969H-1_th.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 6/18/2023 at 5:08 AM, dont care said:

You must have not been paying attention to the literal toilet that the coliseum is, that Oakland has been completely stonewalling them getting a new stadium there. Fan support isn’t the reason they are leaving, it’s the local government.

but what about all the great players they always trade when it's time to pay them??

21 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

The Red Sox wore their City Connect jerseys this afternoon with the Father's Day caps. Weird look, but I don't totally hate it since the lighter blue on the jerseys matches the lighter blue on the cap. Christian Arroyo high-fives teammates in the postgame line.Connor Wong, Rafael Devers, Chris Martin and Justin Turner exchange handshakes postgame.

spacer.png

-

-

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, McCall said:

What's that got to do with the crappy stadium?

But i never said a word about the crappy stadium,

everyone else did.

What i asked was: why move the team when the owners trade the good players before they even get to earn any real money.

Why would people in Las Vegas pay money to go see that? 

7 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

everyone else did.

What i asked was: why move the team when the owners trade the good players before they even get to earn any real money.

Why stay and do the same thing in a crappy stadium? That doesn't mean people in Vegas won't show up to games. They're moving because of the crappy stadium. Not because people didn't show up when they traded players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adsarebad said:

everyone else did.

They are moving because the stadium literally floods itself in :censored: atleast once per year, and they haven’t been able to get a deal done with the city for a new stadium that doesn’t have :censored: seeping from the ground underneath it. Las Vegas is giving them the stadium deal they wanted. It has nothing to do with fans coming to games or not. 

• Like 2

I came across the All Star Game helmet logos today at work. Nothing special, and simple enough to recreate, so here they are:

w81sErk.png

Nothing spectacular here, but it implies that we have another year of the game itself being played in the all-star jerseys and not the individual teams' uniforms. Also a bit odd that they put a serif on the AL logo and left the NL one so plain, but the helmet logos aren't really integral to the aesthetics of the game, so I don't really care. It should be noted that I didn't see the helmet color though, but given the white outline (and the game being in Seattle) I'd bank on navy helmets.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

I came across the All Star Game helmet logos today at work. Nothing special, and simple enough to recreate, so here they are:

w81sErk.png

If those are the colours, then the teal needs to be brighter, the navy darker, or both. Right now the two colours have a Luminescence value too close, and it doesn't really pop. 

On 6/18/2023 at 9:12 PM, fortunat1 said:

While the circumstances are unfortunate, a move to Las Vegas gives the A's the perfect opportunity to adopt their superior logo (and color scheme) full time. The current logo just isn't as good as this one.

ZfyDxC4.png

I never noticed until now that both the A and the s look different in the roundel logo than they do on the cap logo.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12