infrared41's Best and Worst NFL Week Seven - 2022

Running late again this week. I'll be honest, I straight up forgot. You all know the drill so let's get right to the action.

EDIT: When I was putting this post together, I kept thinking I was forgetting something. Turns out I was. Packers - Comrades was left off the best list. When I compile the lists, I go through all the games at NFL.com and pick ones that will make up each list. Then I get screenshots from the team websites and put them in a folder, resize them, and upload them to Imgur. Once the pics are on Imgur, I go over them and rank the games accordingly. Long story short, the pic from Green Bay - Washington got lost in the shuffle, the pic didn't get into the final Imgur folder, and here we are. The best list has been updated.

BEST

1. Steelers - Dolphins: This is as good as it gets. A stone cold classic. Miami needs to go to the throwbacks full time. Period. If you think their current uniforms look better than the throwbacks, I'm going to pause here and ask you to leave...seriously...move along. The kiddie pool is down the street. 😎  If they went to this look full time, I'd drop the Browns and become a Dolphins fan. I'm totally serious. Every game should look this good. Front runner for the match up of the year.

u65k7es.jpg

W9h7efx.jpg

2. Bears - Patriots: This is what the Patriots should look like. The silver pants make it a killer uniform. Wow, what a difference. Best look since the Pat Patriot uniforms.  Here's hoping getting their asses kicked in that set doesn't stop them from wearing it. This is the way, New England.

KX0Rha0.jpgrCyNFyU.jpg

3. Texans - Raiders: OK, the white sock thing has officially become hard to ignore. Enough with the long underwear look already. Houston, I like the all white uniforms against the Raiders, but you needed to go with red or blue socks. Still a pretty good looking match up. Never change, Raiders.

kIL1VQx.jpg

4. Packers - Commandants: This Commandos combo actually looks pretty good. They need to remove the ridiculous nameplate on the front of the jerseys and some pant stripes would help a lot, but other than that, this look is clearly the best of the bunch. Green Bay's road set gave this one more than enough of a push to make the best list. Enjoy your time here, Commandeers, it might be your only appearance.

VAXIsTq.jpg

5. Chiefs - 49ers: I'm not a big fan of the Niners throwbacks. They're fine, but the primary uniforms are so much better. A lot of red and white in this game. Some gold would have done wonders. The throwbacks were the wrong choice for this match up. It was this close to looking like an intrasquad scrimmage. But it was still good enough to make the best list this week. Barely.

GHvLT9r.jpg

WORST

1. Saints - Cardinals: The New Orleans Long Johns vs. the Arizona Broke Ass Discount Falcons. I think that sums it up.

HKkIenI.jpg

2. Jets - Broncos: Lots of stripes in this one - all of them stupid. Denver has killer colors, but that uniform that has moved on from outdated to obsolete. The Jets just look stupid. Really stupid. Awful looking game.

gJ9Gp5x.jpg

3. Seahawks - Chargers: Let me preface this by saying that this Seahawks combo is the least offensive combo in their set. With the right match up and enough sunshine, there are times when it looks pretty good. In fact, it's a couple tweaks from looking really good. That said, it should never easily be the best looking uniform on the field, but here we are. This one is all on the Chargers. There's probably a good looking uniform in somewhere in that color rush mess, but this ain't it. Put those things in a dumpster, set them on fire, and try again. Good lord, who thought ditching one of the best uniforms in the league for these things was a good idea?

TH9Uu7U.jpg

That's all for this week. Thanks for dropping by...unless you're someone who likes the current Dolphins uniforms better than the throwbacks. We'll do it all again next week.

• Like 8

BB52Big.jpg

I definitely don't like the current Dolphins uniforms (or shade of aqua) better than the 1972 throwbacks; I do, however, favor the Marks Brothers set (aka the 80s-early '90s, because I can't think of a better name for them) over the 1972 throwbacks, just to put that out there.  All that said, yeah, this week was a definite toss-up between Steelers/Dolphins and Bears/Patriots for best of the week, but I'm with you--I'm giving the nod to PIT/MIA.

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

15 hours ago, infrared41 said:

New Orleans Long Johns

LOL!

15 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Jets - Broncos

Honestly, this is the type of game I just turn off. To me the Jets just look like they take a random jersey and random pants off the clothes pile and go out there.

• Like 2

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

12 hours ago, infrared41 said:

TH9Uu7U.jpg

The Chargers are the only team I would downright encourage to use an alternate helmet. That navy set is begging for a navy helmet to match, it would work well as a throwback to the Brees/Tomlinson era set. Of course, monochrome sucks and they should use navy-oriented white or gold pants with it, but a navy helmet would give this alternate set a purpose. As is it's another pointless alternate created for the fire emojis.

The rankings are on point, as always. Only issue I have with the dolphins throwbacks is the 4 distinct striping patterns, but since it's a throwback I don't mind it at all, it's still miles ahead of the current set. I do prefer the modern shades of aqua and orange better. 

Ravens vs. Buccaneers tonight is gonna be gorgeous, I imagine that'll definitely place in the rankings next week. Looking forward to it!

• Like 7

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

49ers: Ranking San Francisco's top 10 running backs in franchise history -  Page 7

I wouldn't call them better, but it's definitely an underrated look. I prefer the current classic set, but this was another great example of the late 90s/early 2000s aesthetic done well. I like it better than the throwbacks they currently use.

• Like 6

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

2 hours ago, PERRIN said:

1. The Chargers are the only team I would downright encourage to use an alternate helmet. That navy set is begging for a navy helmet to match, it would work well as a throwback to the Brees/Tomlinson era set. Of course, monochrome sucks and they should use navy-oriented white or gold pants with it, but a navy helmet would give this alternate set a purpose. As is it's another pointless alternate created for the fire emojis.

2. The rankings are on point, as always.

1. Agree 100%.

2. Thanks!

BB52Big.jpg

20 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

@infrared41 I always liked the uniforms that the Niners created that were based on these. Even better than the current uniform.

49ers: Ranking San Francisco's top 10 running backs in franchise history -  Page 7

It's a solid uniform, but I was never a big fan of that one either.  When it comes to the Niners, I'll admit that I'm pretty biased. Their classic uniform has been one of my favorites since I was a kid. I'm sure that influences my opinion a great deal.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

20 minutes ago, AnPheitseog said:

Was honestly wondering if the Commanders v Packers was going to make it.

Might have been their one week to make it, with a really good looking packers against Washington in their best set. And yet?

Zero disagreements with your list.

When I was posting the lists I keep thinking I was forgetting something. Turns out I was. I forgot Packers - Commandos. It actually looked really good. I'll update the list.

BB52Big.jpg

12 hours ago, Jer15 said:

LOL!

Honestly, this is the type of game I just turn off. To me the Jets just look like they take a random jersey and random pants off the clothes pile and go out there.

That black/green. 

Why?

Should have stayed with White, Green and maybe some suttle silver.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

• 1B Can't argue with the selection, even if I think the modern Dolphins look good and I'm fine with this remaining a throwback option.
  • 3B The Raiders have a perfect set but the Texans usually look mediocre and this is not a great combo for them.
  • 5B Too much red to make my top, but two good looking uniforms.
  • 1W The Cards need the Nike oversimplified look. They've been a mess for decades and it's a century-old franchise, time for a clean slate. If they did that and the Saints wore their throwback all-white set, this color combo could work.
  • 2W While I think the Jets generally look fine (not great), white over black is among my least favorite combos in football. Broncos look good here, though, I think their modern look has aged surprisingly well next to say, the Cardinals. 
  • 3W No idea why teams opt for navy when they play a navy team. This would be a great looking matchup with the Chargers in their primaries. And I agree with the sentiment that this look is unnecessary but could be salvaged by a navy helmet to at least match its inspiration.

4 hours ago, -Akronite- said:
  •  
  • 3W No idea why teams opt for navy when they play a navy team. This would be a great looking matchup with the Chargers in their primaries. And I agree with the sentiment that this look is unnecessary but could be salvaged by a navy helmet to at least match its inspiration.

I thought the inspiration was from the early 60s, making this helmet correct.  Am I remembering wrong?

It's where I sit.