2023-24 International Club Soccer Kits

TrueYankee26

Manchester City with a limited edition kit for International Women's Day. The green and purple come from badges and rosettes worn by British Suffragettes in the early 1900s. City's women's team will wear them in a match against Spurs on Sunday, and the men's team will wear them for warmups before their match against Newcastle on Saturday.

jersey.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

About time for the Prem. Hopefully there will be a lot more colourways.

3 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

About time for the Prem. Hopefully there will be a lot more colourways.

Lol I feel like the Prem just changed it. Agree on the need for more colors but a different typeface feels more likely to be a downgrade.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Lol I feel like the Prem just changed it. Agree on the need for more colors but a different typeface feels more likely to be a downgrade.

6 seasons. I'm surprised to see La Liga already changing after 3 years.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think the current PL typeface is pretty close to perfect. Felt like a really nice modern evolution of the last typeface when it was unveiled and I still feel that way to this day. That said, there absolutely needs to be more color options. Royal blue and gold would be my top two choices, followed by claret and a regular yellow. Green would even be nice for a team like Norwich when they’re in the Prem. 

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 3/10/2023 at 1:49 AM, officeglenn said:

New fourth kit for Celtic FC that celebrates the club's Irish roots:

celtic-front-back.jpg

No mention in the announcement on if/when they'll wear them in a match. 

Just in time for St. Patty's Day lol

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

That’s not bad! A little boring but boring goes better with a wide range of designs. Better to keep focus on club brands rather than the league. Nice change of pace from some of the garish league fonts like MLS and the usual lower English league choices.

• Like 4

Premier%20league%20new%20kit%20font%20(5

This seems to suggest no change in the color options, which is disappointing. I understand the need to keep it limited when the replica shirt printing business was distributed around to local shops around the UK, but seems antiquated now in the time of e-commerce and centralized production and every other league being able to allow seemingly infinite colors to match the kit design.

• Like 2

I like the numbers, but I’m not a fan of the badge being just the lion head. If anything I would still prefer the circle but just exaggerate the head a bit more instead of just doing the lion head straight up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I like the numbers, but I’m not a fan of the badge being just the lion head. If anything I would still prefer the circle but just exaggerate the head a bit more instead of just doing the lion head straight up.

I think the idea is to make the champions lion's head stick out more than it currently does. I'd guess it'll still be gold, but half the time no one really notices it in the current format.

Man City fixtures & results: 2022/23 season

BT Sport to show Manchester derby as Premier League returns | BT Sport

The previous league badge stood out more when the background was gold instead of white.

Gold Barclays Premier League 1314 Champions Editorial Stock Photo - Stock  Image | Shutterstock

Manchester United 2013/14 season game-by-game - Manchester Evening News

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The typeface isn’t bad at all, I’m mainly just glad they focused on evolving the current one instead of reinventing the wheel. I think I prefer the curvatures of the current typeface, but I don’t mind the changes and can appreciate that they put an emphasis on increasing legibility. I’m definitely a fan of the increased size as well as the tonal pattern in the numbers. I haven’t seen confirmation that the color options will remain limited, but it certainly seems so. Certainly disappointing if true, especially because they could easily add 2-3 more options and it’d make a big difference on quite a bit of kits.

I am a big fan of the stand-alone lion being used for the sleeve badges.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

It was linked above, but I'm posting the YouTube video that Avery Dennison produced on its own for visibility. It's really quite fascinating if you're into typography and design (which, I mean, you probably are if you're a CCSLC member):

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

AFC Richmond Men's Nike Stadium Jersey

Nike has the AFC Richmond home shirts for sale. At the moment you have to have member access to buy it. In Europe, ProDirectSoccer (prodirectsoccer.com), will have these available, however it's via their app, which is not on Google Play, or Apple iOS, which may or may not have US restrictions. PDS will also have other Nike/AFC Richmond items on sale, but not the away or third shirts, which are expiring Nike teamwear. 

https://www.nike.com/w?q=afc richmond&vst=afc richmond

AFC Richmond Men's Nike Bantr T-Shirt

AFC Richmond Men's Nike Bantr T-Shirt

AFC Richmond Women's Nike T-Shirt

AFC Richmond Scarf

AFC Richmond Scarf

AFC Richmond Men's Nike T-Shirt

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

FC Barcelona's men's team will wear the logo from singer Rosalía's latest album "Motomami" on their shirts in Sunday's El Clásico, while the women's team will also wear it in a match against Real Madrid on March 25.

mini_DUAL.jpg