2023-24 International Club Soccer Kits

TrueYankee26

On 2023-04-21 at 4:43 AM, Digby said:

supposedly a leak of Arsenal’s third kit for next season. Hate the goofy little monogramming on the color but otherwise this is a thrill. They’ve brought back the banana kit plenty of different ways but I’ve been dying to see the dark green/navy blue raglan look again, it’s such a great design.

The 1982-83 was green with standard cut navy sleeves, with white piping, it lasted for one season before yellow and gold was brought back and it had normal sleeves.

arsenal-1982-83-away-3.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=1712d46d67e0ca53d263ce9436261f00deb1ce89dcc50e3eac474e21cae86198&ipo=images

Arsenal first wore raglan sleeves in 1988 when adidas introduced their second set of uniforms for The Gunners.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

New home kit for 🇮🇹 Juventus with a brush stroke finish on the stripes to make it look like an actual zebra:

front-back.jpg

They should have used less striping and fattened them up instead. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, Berlin Wall said:

Adidas did a lot of awful things to Juve, but this is the worst.

They've been pretty poor to United, this year being an exception except for that green kit. MUFC will probably stay with them though, because adidas will overspend to keep them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

That new Juve kit is another abomination in what has become a series of abominations between Adidas & the club. They got it (mostly) right in 2015/16 and nailed everything in 2017/18, but other than that this partnership has been a trainwreck.

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 4/18/2023 at 12:21 AM, aawagner011 said:

Couple of Bayern updates: the rumored home shirt. This would be a massive change for the club as they typically wear all red, though it’s not totally unheard of.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Bayern has been known to play with their colors a lot. They’ve tried blue and red stripes, navy blue, and white with red (very similar to this) decades ago.

You can see the similarity to their 120th anniversary shirt from a couple years ago.

spacer.png

This is not a bad kit at all, but I think it would be better suited to an alternate instead of the home shirt. I don’t like the tonal crest. Primary shirts should always have the regular badge, unless it’s a commemorative release. There’s a new font on the back, so we will likely see a new number font, too. It’s the adidas World Cup font, though modified without the little slashes in the letters.

They’ve been changing their fonts so often lately, but previously they’d retain the same fonts for 5-8 years at a time.

Also, the away kit is a real stinker. Absolutely horrible. As a Bayern supporter, I might pass here and that’s shocking for me as a collector.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It’s not as bad from far away, but once you get up close you can see the various colors.

spacer.png

The reason I feel confident the white shirt is the home (and not a third which would make more sense) is because Bayern always has “FC Bayern München” above the numbers on their home and away shirts. Their third shirts omit this detail because they are worn frequently in the Champions League where that’s not allowed. For this reason, their retail third shirts are sold only with player names and numbers. Here’s to hoping the third kit is a classic because 23/24 is looking like one of the club’s worst aesthetic-wise in quite some time.

Last note on these: 23/24 will be the first year their kits use the updated -T- branding. Previously, it was -T---. The training kits switched over last year, but the game kits still had the old sponsor logo.

Bayern will be releasing their new home kit tomorrow. It hasn’t been officially announced, but the products have been loaded on their online shop, a telltale sign the launch is imminent. I’ve been able to scoop the official photos about 12-18 hours early for several years now due to the way they handle their shop inventory.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The authentic includes woven text in the cuffs and tape down the side.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The long sleeve option looks great.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Meanwhile, the club have changed the number font, yet again. If you read this thread every year, you may recall I’ve documented all of the changes over the last 5-6 years. They used to keep the same font for 8 to 10 years at a time and now it seems like they change every other year. This year looks like a reimagining of the global adidas font used at the World Cup. I am not a fan.

spacer.png

Also, the leaked third kit looks to be a beauty with an off white or cream base and dark red trim, including a throwback crest. I am loving the tonal adidas stripes and the single button.

spacer.png

Overall, I think the reverse Arsenal look is really solid, but my original complaints from the OP remain. They got the kit classifications all wrong this year. The away kit is am abomination and should be canned. They should have an all red home, use the Arsenal kit as away with white shorts if contrast is needed, and keep the beautiful third.

This will be one of their worst seasons ever kit-wise.  Two of the three look great, but using white for home and the colors of the away are both poor choices. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'm glad clubs have been bringing back long sleeves these past few years.

It's a good kit but again, I wish they weren't so afraid of blue anymore. A lot of their kits could've really used that as a secondary color. 

XM4KeeA.png

On 2023-05-05 at 6:33 PM, Digby said:

I haven't minded recent Liverpool kits, but it's nonetheless very refreshing to see them in a simple shirt that's just white and red, no weird darkened shades or trendy tertiary colors.

Home kit is going to be traditional, meanwhile the away is going to be a take on the 1995-96 change, which I have a hard time contimplating just why, because that season was awful for Liverpool as Man United confirmed that they were the new powerhouses in the English game when they won the league after clawing back a 12 point deficit and then beat Liverpool in the FA Cup Final, with Liverpool wearing their green and white quartered shirt.

mancity 12-min.jpgmancity 16-min.jpg

Man City 2023-2024 home kit has been revealed. 

mancity 14-min.jpg

It's a callback to the first kit they wore when they moved from Maine Road to the Etihad. 

2003/04 Manchester City Home Shirt (XL) 7.5/10 – Greatest Kits

ROBBIE FOWLER MANCHESTER CITY FC OLD TRAFFORD MANCHESTER ENGLAND 13  December 2003 Stock Photo - Alamy

RB LEIPZIG AWAY 

rb leipzig 3-min.jpg

rb leipzig 4-min.jpg

SHEFFIELD UNITED Commemorative Jersey - In honor of promotion to the Premier League, Sheffield United have ordered a limited run jersey.

sheff 5-min.jpg

sheff 9-min.jpg

sheff 6-min.jpg

BOAVISTA - Inspired by one of the club's oldest kits, the shirt is a tribute to Boavista F.C.’s history. Presented in the club’s classic colour combo of black and white, it abandons the now traditional checkered design of the normal home shirt in favour of a more simplistic and historic look. It features several nostalgic elements, and attention is instantly drawn to that throwback collar, complete with faux drawstrings. A retro club crest takes up position on the left of the chest, but unfortunately the design also features the club’s sponsors, detracting from the historical visage somewhat. Being that this kit will be used as an alternate option for the 23/24 season, it appears it is a necessary evil. Still, at least they fall in line with the monochrome presentation.

boavista 2-min.jpg

boavista 11-min.jpg

• Like 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 5/16/2023 at 5:35 PM, aawagner011 said:

Bayern will be releasing their new home kit tomorrow. It hasn’t been officially announced, but the products have been loaded on their online shop, a telltale sign the launch is imminent. I’ve been able to scoop the official photos about 12-18 hours early for several years now due to the way they handle their shop inventory.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The authentic includes woven text in the cuffs and tape down the side.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Meanwhile, the club have changed the number font, yet again. If you read this thread every year, you may recall I’ve documented all of the changes over the last 5-6 years. They used to keep the same font for 8 to 10 years at a time and now it seems like they change every other year. This year looks like a reimagining of the global adidas font used at the World Cup. I am not a fan.

spacer.png

Also, the leaked third kit looks to be a beauty with an off white or cream base and dark red trim, including a throwback crest. I am loving the tonal adidas stripes and the single button.

spacer.png

Overall, I think the reverse Arsenal look is really solid, but my original complaints from the OP remain. They got the kit classifications all wrong this year. The away kit is am abomination and should be canned. They should have an all red home, use the Arsenal kit as away with white shorts if contrast is needed, and keep the beautiful third.

This will be one of their worst seasons ever kit-wise.  Two of the three look great, but using white for home and the colors of the away are both poor choices. 

Is the red CL kit still happening then? Or is this Cream kit replacing it?

18 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Is the red CL kit still happening then? Or is this Cream kit replacing it?

I think that was misinformation. Not sure where Footy Headlines got their information but I don’t think it’s happening. If it does happen, maybe it’ll be a one off fourth shirt for a single game like they did with their Oktoberfest and Olympiastadion designs last year, but it doesn’t appear it will be in the regular rotation. It sounds like the cream kit replaced it. The cream is very good, but this is still shaping up to be a horrible year kit-wise as there is no all red kit and the home kit looks like an away design.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2023/04/adidas-bayern-munchen-23-24-third-champions-league-kit.html?m=1

• Like 1

Interesting that Liverpool debuted the 23/24 kit while using the now outdated Premier League font. I understand why they’re doing it, but still odd.

Bayern debuting their new home kit against Leipzig, who is also debuting their away kit (seen in first photo). I like the Bayern kit. It looks like a modern version of their 120th anniversary design from a couple years ago. They still need an all red design, though.