2023-24 International Club Soccer Kits

TrueYankee26

9 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

This will be the last season Atletico Madrid will be using this crest.

spacer.png

Because Atleti fans voted to change back to their old crest starting in 2024-25.

Too bad, because that's a better looking crest in my opinion. But the fans get what they want, and that's a rare win. 

lfc 6-min.jpg

Liverpool have officially released their away kit

lfc 4-min.jpg

9Vxfpyu.png

New Fulham home shirt

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2023-06-30 at 2:40 PM, TrueYankee26 said:

I like Liverpool's away kits as a United fan

They were inspired by the 1995-1996 change kit, which is best known for being worn when Manchester United beat Liverpool 1-0 in the FA Cup final in a victory that confirmed the second double for Man U and was the exclaimation point on a season that showed that Man U were the new dynasty and the dominance of Liverpool was a thing of the past.

liverpool-1995-96-retro-away-kit%252B%25

Hence why it's pretty surprising that Liverpool based their new kit on one that was worn when the team were firmly in the shadow of Man U, and the original wasn't exactly a looker as well. So I was absolutely creased at this quote by Robbie Fowler on the new kit.

“I have fond memories of the 1995-96 season because of the iconic white and green away strip and for scoring my most goals in one season”

Mate, that kit was worn when Cantona secured the second double for his team. People don't remember you scoring all those goals anywhere near as much as they remember Manchester United clawing back a 12 point deficit to win the league and then winning the double for the second time.

And speaking of unpleasant green and white kits, The Toon have launched their new change, and once again, it's in the colours of their overlords, with black added for good measure.

th?id=OIF.mtSg%252bQUDUmkfcNekLtEpDg%26p

• Like 2

Raków Częstochowa switch to their 4 supplier in a 5 years. This time it's adidas (kits from locker room which is old miteam):

rakow_2023_sklep_meczowka_01b_1_.png

rakow_2023_sklep_meczowka_02b_22.png

Warta Poznań changed their crest to reflect one of the original from past:

Fyp2SQVWYAIU7Lg.jpg

Before you said it look like Wolfsburg then Warta is much older than VFL and they were first with "W" as a crest.

Lech Poznań:

s_1920x1080_dac93440d6d862db418af467ccd8

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

10 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Mistake on the Mothership article concerning the new home Frankfurt shirt -

The Moody Diva has worn a similar style of stripes before, in 1988-89.

football_shirt_45592_2_496x339x1.jpg&f=1

Thanks for the correction.  I'll make that change as soon as I can.

AFC Bournemouth have released their new shirt, a much more conventional affair than their previous home.

img_0831-1024x1024.jpg

And if you don't want an adult sized shirt with a nasty betting company logo on it, they also have a sponsorless version for sale too.

Not much of a secret, but AS Roma makes switch to Adidas official. Now just holding out hope for nice looking kits.

• Like 1

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

14 hours ago, AJM said:

Not much of a secret, but AS Roma makes switch to Adidas official. Now just holding out hope for nice looking kits.

From whats been leaked, the Lupetto is going to be used on the first and third shirts, so they should be good.

• Like 3

Brentford have released their 2023-2025 home kit.  

I like that they added back some black, but it's not my favorite look of theirs of all time.  Gradient is whatever, I think you can get away with it a *bit* more in soccer than (American) football, and it should just fade into the black shorts, but I dislike the slapped on black on the arms of the kit.  

• Like 2

Sunderland unveiled their 23/24 kits on Nike's current template. Standard red and white striped shirt with black shorts and red socks. The away is pink and purple and features what I believe is a standard pattern for this Nike template on the sleeves. 

1156_sunderland_2023_24_nike_home_kit_c.jpeg

1157_sunderland_2023_24_nike_away_kit_f.jpeg

They previously wore the color combo for a third shirt in 2016/17.

sunderland-afc-2016-2017-adidas-third-kit (2)

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Chelsea home:

chelsea-home-4-1.jpg

That Chelsea shirt looks really nasty. According to Nike the shirt was inspired by the 1997-1999 home shirt and is a "90's thing", but has none of the hallmarks of that period (watermarks, crest within shield, large flappy collars), and it looks like it was based off what the Chelsea shirt would have looked like in 2002 if Nike had the Blues contract back then with the chintz turned up to 11 thanks to the sucker punches of gold on the kit.

• Like 1