2023-24 International Club Soccer Kits

TrueYankee26

crystal-palace-23-24-away-kit-4.jpg

Crystal Palace continue to be economical with the truth  by putting "Crystal Palace Football Club Founded 1861" all over the sash of their new change shirt. The Original Crystal Palace FC was founded in that year, but it was ameteur and it closed down in 1875 or 1876. The club that plays in Croydon was founded in 1905.

The club say that the same company (Crystal Palace Company) owned both teams, but the original may have only been tenants and the current team was only heavily invested in by the company, not controlled.

• Like 1

Footy Headlines points out that the graphic of ancient Rome included in the numbers on AS Roma's home kit appears to have been taken from stock site Alamy, and Alamy's logo is still visible in the pattern. You can see outline of the 'a' and the 'y' in the negative space in the middle of the 8 on the back of a Roma shirt:

roma%20kit%20font.jpg

• LOL 8
  • Facepalm 4

Like West Ham, Burnley won't be wearing white shorts with their traditional shirts of claret with sky blue sleeves.

burnley%2023%2024%20kit%20(12).jpg
Apparently it's a tribute to the 93-95 shirt, which was worn when the team gained promotion to the second tier of English football. And also worn when the team went straight back down the following season, one in which their fierce rivals Blackburn won the Prem, but for some reason that part was missed out.
  • LOL 1

Pogoń Szczecin:

Home inspired by mosaic around the town:

846442023_07_13_13_th.jpg

Away inspired by crocuses that grew up on Jasne Błonia Square and Chrobry Embankment:

531502023_07_13_18_th.jpg

Third inspired by water (Szczecin is a town with harbor) and night life in Łasztowna neighborhood:

450502023_07_13_40_th.jpg

Zagłębie Lubin, theoretically they are inspired by copper mines but in facts this is Precision IV teamwear (home is with custom colors):

spacer.pngspacer.png

Lech Poznań third (home and away i presented in my previous post):

czarna1_1.jpg

All shirts are inspired by Locomotive which stand near their stadium

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

r6jBfJC.jpg

Rear view of the Sunderland home kit for 2023-24. I still don't know why the EPL doesn't add an outside stroke to the numbers. At some points during the game it looked like they placed the 11 on a small red block when the player was running around. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2023 MLS All-Star Skills Challenge

Arsenal will use two different colors for numbers this year. For cups they'll use the highlighter blue numbers. For EPL play, they will use black, since the EPL does not offer blue in the color that matches the rest of the uniform.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2023/07/arsenal-23-24-away-kit-to-feature-garish-blue-numbers.html

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Berlin Wall said:

Chelsea's home kit looks so weird on field.

chelsea%2023%2024%20home%20kit%20(5).jpg

I think this might be one of their worst kits I have ever seen. I love the little nod to the 97/98 shirt with the cuff stripes, but that is where my praise stops. The Nike mark and the Chelsea logo looks really bad. Plus, I don't like the side panels and the random white on the back.

• Like 1

Just now, JayMac said:

I think this might be one of their worst kits I have ever seen. I love the little nod to the 97/98 shirt with the sleeve stripes,  but that is where my praise stops. The Nike mark and the Chelsea logo looks really bad. Plus, I don't like the side panels and the random white on the back.

If they had added the white collar and the yellow stripe from that 97 jersey they might look better.  Iridescent logos haven't looked good that often. And using gold for the cup numbers when they finished 11th the year before seems rather stupid. 

1997-99 Chelsea Home L/S Shirt Poyet #8 - Good 5/10 - (L)

Chelsea FC v Wrexham - Pre-Season Friendly

Gus Poyet explains key reason why his Chelsea team fell short of Premier  League title - football.london

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Chelsea's home kit looks so weird on field.

chelsea%2023%2024%20home%20kit%20(5).jpg

They needed to do more with the collar. I dunno what stopped them from using a normal collar than, whatever this is. 

The glossy crest is just ugly. Should've just went with a gold and call it a day. Depending on the light the logos can disappear or look green. 

XM4KeeA.png

44 minutes ago, AstroCree said:

They needed to do more with the collar. I dunno what stopped them from using a normal collar than, whatever this is. 

The glossy crest is just ugly. Should've just went with a gold and call it a day. Depending on the light the logos can disappear or look green. 

When I saw highlights of the Wrexham match I thought these were the football equivalent of summer league jerseys, if not it's just atrocious.