CFL 2023

Jer15

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I wonder if either team will consider going after Bethel-Thompson since he's left New Orleans? He could help either team right now. 

I thought Bethel-Thompson going to New Orleans was more of a family thing? He might be more likely to pursue other opportunities in the U.S. rather than come back to Canada.

8 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

I thought Bethel-Thompson going to New Orleans was more of a family thing? He might be more likely to pursue other opportunities in the U.S. rather than come back to Canada.

Well if he's willing to go to the XFL, we'd take him in San Antonio. I'd expect he's probably going to end up on a NFL roster, at least for training camps. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 7/19/2023 at 10:03 AM, officeglenn said:

I thought Bethel-Thompson going to New Orleans was more of a family thing?

That's right. I believe his wife/partner (I forget if they are married) has a really good job and.....yeah....that's why he moved on

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

16 hours ago, Jer15 said:

That's right. I believe his wife/partner (I forget if they are married) has a really good job and.....yeah....that's why he moved on

His wife is a writer who was hired on by Marvel to be the head writer for the upcoming* Iron Heart series. It says the series already filmed by the end of last season before he left, but it was believed online to be so he could be closer to family. Maybe she's based out of Atlanta now?

*We'll see if that series still comes out though, but that's not for this thread.

• Like 1

IbjBaeE.png

3 hours ago, monkeypower said:

His wife is a writer who was hired on by Marvel to be the head writer for the upcoming* Iron Heart series. It says the series already filmed by the end of last season before he left, but it was believed online to be so he could be closer to family. Maybe she's based out of Atlanta now?

*We'll see if that series still comes out though, but that's not for this thread.

Plus he opted to play for a team playing in Birmingham, a 46 minute flight from Atlanta.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It was an excellent game, which I heard on the radio.  (I prefer listening on radio; I do that for Super Bowls, also.  Listening also spares me from seeing the horrible monochrome uniforms that so many teams are using, such as Montreal in this game.)

I will admit that I am pretty disappointed that Toronto didn't make the Grey Cup, as that team had the "team of destiny" feel all season, with quarterback Chad Kelly (nephew of Jim Kelly) winning the MOP award, and running back A.J. Ouellette (who is almost as small as Joe Morris) enjoying a breakout season with more than 1000 rushing yards.  The Argos' decisive loss to Montreal last week was unfortunate. 

Still, Montreal's comeback in the Grey Cup game was thrilling.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png