2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

5 hours ago, ruttep said:

This is somehow even more gimmicky than the Carolina Hurricanes. But if a junior team wants to do that, go for it. Will be very displeased if someone in the NHL does this, though.

I have a feeling Carolina’s already working on it.

One thing I thought of with the new helmet rule:

When the NHL says you're only allowed to wear one home and one road jersey throughout the playoffs, does that include the helmet? Say the Leafs play the Lightning in the first round again. By rule, they'll have to wear white helmets for the duration of that series. But if they advance to face, say, the Bruins, can they then start wearing blue helmets on the road for that series? I wonder how the NHL is going to enforce this in the playoffs -- they can be quite rigid with uniform rules in the playoffs.

37 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

maybe the jerseys ditch agency?!?   What a dream 

That would definitely be an improvement. But upon a little digging it seems like they've been using the block numbers on the helmets since the start of this season.

spacer.png

It's odd because they were previously using the matching font.

spacer.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ruttep said:

One thing I thought of with the new helmet rule:

When the NHL says you're only allowed to wear one home and one road jersey throughout the playoffs, does that include the helmet? Say the Leafs play the Lightning in the first round again. By rule, they'll have to wear white helmets for the duration of that series. But if they advance to face, say, the Bruins, can they then start wearing blue helmets on the road for that series? I wonder how the NHL is going to enforce this in the playoffs -- they can be quite rigid with uniform rules in the playoffs.

The Leafs could wear their black helmets for every game.

Edit: I realized my mistake and was editing it when someone else commented.  So, I'll just leave it here.

• LOL 1

10 hours ago, ruttep said:

Lmao. By rule, they wouldn't be able to against Boston.

Yeah.  I was in the middle of editing my comment to something else after realizing that.  I just rather no team wears their coloured helmet with their roads any more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

The matte shouldn't make too much of a difference, but I'm not sure why they switched to block numbers on the helmet when they jerseys use Agency.

3 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

maybe the jerseys ditch agency?!?   What a dream 

I have a feeling the bland Agency font(hopefully) is on the way out on all the Canucks' jerseys. Block font is the way to go like it's always been since their Pacific Coast/Western Hockey League days. Their home and away font can use a green outline too.

53 minutes ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

F_ahrA7XkAAXY0_?format=jpg&name=small

Whats this?

Top looks like a promo design for a Hurricanes pride night. Bottom left is definitely a 2020 All-Star jersey. Bottom right looks kind of like a  color-pitched photo of a chainstitched Flyers logo.

• Like 2

And the graphic has "LIBERTY BELL JERSEY" screened across the front.

I'm all kinds of lost on this one...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||