2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

5 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

The Bengals seem to wear this look once per season and it's so pointless. They go from orange stripes and socks last night to no orange at all below the waist.

Look, they’re not wearing white socks with white pants and a color jersey, so I’ll take it. 

• Like 1

So here’s your shocking stat of the day. Since 2018, the Saints have worn gold pants only 12 times (not including the throwback game last season vs. the Rams). From 2018-2020, the Saints wore gold pants just once each season. They wore gold pants 6 times in 2021, which is the most in that span and the most since 2015 when they were worn 10 times that season.

That’s 12 times out of 91 games up till now. Pretty sad if you ask me. It’s obvious the Saints hate both their gold pants and one of their team colors…

• Hate 2
  • Sad 3
  • Facepalm 3
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

So here’s your shocking stat of the day. Since 2018, the Saints have worn gold pants only 12 times (not including the throwback game last season vs. the Rams). From 2018-2020, the Saints wore gold pants just once each season. They wore gold pants 6 times in 2021, which is the most in that span and the most since 2015 when they were worn 10 times that season.

That’s 12 times out of 91 games up till now. Pretty sad if you ask me. It’s obvious the Saints hate both their gold pants and one of their team colors…

That's ok, it's not like they have a winning legacy and won a Super Bowl in the gold pants or anything.

Oh wait.

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, ptay said:

That's ok, it's not like they have a winning legacy and won a Super Bowl in the gold pants or anything.

Oh wait.

How about the entire Super Bowl playoff run AND the Katrina “Rebirth” game….

I can name a lot more low points in the black and white pants, but I’d rather not relive those moments. Screw the legacy because it’s not trendy anymore. Smh

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

How about the entire Super Bowl playoff run AND the Katrina “Rebirth” game….

I can name a lot more low points in the black and white pants, but I’d rather not relive those moments. Screw the legacy because it’s not trendy anymore. Smh

Let me see:

The black leggings have seen (off the top of my head):

-Getting destroyed in the 2006 NFC Championship

-The Beastquake

-The Minneapolis Miracle

-The no-call against the Rams

-Drew Brees' final game

And the only playoff game they've played in all white was an overtime loss to the Vikings

• Like 8

Another thing with the Saints is that a lot of the fans seems to like the gold pants. Many of these mono-heavy teams get lots of positive feedback on it from the fans. ("Bro, the all-black is fire!", "Fam the all-white is clean AF", etc.)

Every Saints comments section I read is mostly fans $hitting on the white and black pants. Seems like it's more of a player preference in this case.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

Let me see:

The black leggings have seen (off the top of my head):

-Getting destroyed in the 2006 NFC Championship

-The Beastquake

-The Minneapolis Miracle

-The no-call against the Rams

-Drew Brees' final game

And the only playoff game they've played in all white was an overtime loss to the Vikings

EXACTLY. And Drew Brees final game also happened to be a terrible home playoff loss to the division rival Buccaneers and Tom Brady (who’d go on to win the SB). There’s far more terrible, notable losses with the black and white pants than the gold. But here we are. Nothing makes sense anymore.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

Another thing with the Saints is that a lot of the fans seems to like the gold pants. Many of these mono-heavy teams get lots of positive feedback on it from the fans. ("Bro, the all-black is fire!", "Fam the all-white is clean AF", etc.)

Every Saints comments section I read is mostly fans $hitting on the white and black pants. Seems like it's more of a player preference in this case.

As a Saints fan, I’d say it’s 50/50. There’s traditionalists like me who are begging for the gold pants every week. Then there’s the ones who say the all-black is “fierce” and “ninja-like.” Then the all-white of course is “clean” and “icy.” It’s a pretty mixed bag I’d say, but there’s definitely ones like me who want the gold pants.

Curious as to when the Ravens will break out that CR all-purple from here on out. Since next Thursday's game is already ruled out, the home options left in order are: Browns, Rams, Dolphins, Steelers. Pittsburgh is the only team they haven't worn it against. Both the Browns and Rams went up against it when they had their previous uniform sets in tact.

If I had to pick one, it'd be the game against the Rams. I don't see a repeat of 2016 vs Cleveland this week, and one or both games against Miami and Pittsburgh are strong candidates to be flexed into primetime right now, likely giving way to another appearance of the black jersey.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

12 minutes ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Curious as to when the Ravens will break out that CR all-purple from here on out. Since next Thursday's game is already ruled out, the home options left in order are: Browns, Rams, Dolphins, Steelers. Pittsburgh is the only team they haven't worn it against. Both the Browns and Rams went up against it when they had their previous uniform sets in tact.

If I had to pick one, it'd be the game against the Rams. I don't see a repeat of 2016 vs Cleveland this week, and one or both games against Miami and Pittsburgh are strong candidates to be flexed into primetime right now, likely giving way to another appearance of the black jersey.

Wouldn’t mind seeing the all purple with black socks or white socks, and Browns in White over Orange. 🍊