2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

22 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

If the Commanders stick with burgundy pants/white socks, that will be a fun matchup between those two!

Maybe the popularity of the throwbacks is getting them to drift away from the mono navy, which would be quite miraculous if it stays this way.

Washington wears the burgundy that will be a good looking matchup. My candidate for the best uniform matchup of week 10 is Jets vs Raiders if NYJ wears green pants.

Seattle starting wearing the grey pants with the navy jersey in Russell Wilson's last season with the Seahawks, right?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

Washington wears the burgundy that will be a good looking matchup. My candidate for the best uniform matchup of week 10 is Jets vs Raiders if NYJ wears green pants.

Seattle starting wearing the grey pants with the navy jersey in Russell Wilson's last season with the Seahawks, right?

spacer.png

No, they were doing it from the introduction of the set. This pic is from 2012.

3 hours ago, ruttep said:

This is embarrassing. You're doing a throwback theme for the game and you're not going to wear white pants? What is wrong with you? At least my Niners will look respectable.

At least they had enough sense to wear contrasting black socks. Teal socks would’ve been ROUGH.

But yeah, I still agree with you…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Seahawks in navy/grey for the second straight home game (not counting the throwbacks). Could these be the new default home uniforms?

I sure hope so! This would be a welcomed change. Maybe the Seahawks are finally coming to their senses? The gray pants look really nice with the navy jersey and the rest of the gray accents. They just need a bit more green accents on the side stripe.

Now, if only the Saints would come to their senses and quit with all the monochrome crap as well…

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

They started wearing it at home that year in 2021, and have been using it for 2 home games every season since then. Before that it was used for road games where the opponent wore white at home. I think it was used against the Panthers (2012, 2013) and Dolphins (2012, 2020) a couple times, at the Chargers (2014), and at Dallas for a playoff game (2018). It's my favorite combo from the current set, partially because of how rarely it was worn, so I'm definitely glad we're using it more. Bobby Wagner said it was his favorite combination as well in a press conference in 2019.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ruttep said:

This is embarrassing. You're doing a throwback theme for the game and you're not going to wear white pants? What is wrong with you? At least my Niners will look respectable.

Y'all are crazy, this is a great look with the black socks. It'll still be a nice looking game with good contrast. 

• Like 7
  • Eyeroll 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

3 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

They started wearing it at home that year in 2021, and have been using it for 2 home games every season since then. Before that it was used for road games where the opponent wore white at home. I think it was used against the Panthers (2012, 2013) and Dolphins (2012, 2020) a couple times, at the Chargers (2014), and at Dallas for a playoff game (2018). It's my favorite combo from the current set, partially because of how rarely it was worn, so I'm definitely glad we're using it more. Bobby Wagner said it was his favorite combination as well in a press conference in 2019.

The difference is in prior years it was worn twice at the end of the season, compared to this year where they only wore all navy for 1 home game which was a bad loss before switching to navy/grey.

On the recent Saints talk, if they don't decide to switch to their Throwback/CR, I would totally be in favor of them flipping the color of the numbers on their White jerseys to Gold, like they were from 1996-1998, before they switched to their current uniforms in 1999. Re-adding the Gold stripe to their Black pants, like they had in 1999, would also  make a difference.spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7

da0Lbhs.png

3 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Y'all are crazy, this is a great look with the black socks. It'll still be a nice looking game with good contrast. 

I'm not mad that this is a bad look, I'm mad because it could be so much better. Tell me you wouldn't take this

spacer.png

over this

spacer.png

(had to do a quick and dirty edit because the Jaguars have never worn this combo before)

The other reason I'm mad is because they decided to do this for their "throwback-themed" game.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, GoHawks said:

The difference is in prior years it was worn twice at the end of the season, compared to this year where they only wore all navy for 1 home game which was a bad loss before switching to navy/grey.

Yeah that’s definitely true… I assume they started it in 2021 to switch things up in what was a lost season, and it was used for pretty meaningless games. Even last year it was used for opponents like the panthers and jets which aren’t necessarily big games. I know fans and players love the combo, and they lost in all blue week 1, so that could be why they’re doing it now. But maybe they’re saving the all blue for the Eagles and Steelers games (the only home games left where we’re wearing blue) because they’re “bigger” opponents.

6 hours ago, gothedistance said:

My thoughts on the week's matchups:

-Panthers/Bears will be an eyesore

-Colts/Pats would be great with the Pats in silver pants and the Colts in blue socks, but neither of those are likely

-Ravens are confirmed to be all black, so that's going down the drain

-Packers/Steelers looks as good as it possibly can with the Steelers going with block numbers

-Hopefully the Texans don't go with all white at Cincinnati (I don't even think the black-striped pants and black socks are that bad)

-Saints/Vikings can go either way depending on pants/socks decisions

-Niners/Jaguars will be good but not great (thanks, Jacksonville)

-Titans/Bucs isn't great, no matter what pants the Bucs wear with their white jersey. Titans all-navy will be just as hideous as ever.

-Falcons/Cardinals will be brutal

-Lions/Chargers should be good as long as the Lions don't wear practice pants

-Giants/Cowboys is standard (good, not great)

-Commies/Seahawks should be good

-Jets better not wear black pants. Wearing them against the Raiders will be almost as bad as when the Lions deployed their abomination against the Raiders

-Broncos/Bills will be good if the Bills wear white pants

• Like 4

On 11/7/2023 at 3:33 PM, Cujo said:

🎯🎯🤮

Just throwing my opinion out there: I feel that the Bears would look better if they changed from their current shade of orange to a burnt orange.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

12 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

What a joke. So the Bucs can wear red on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve and that's it. That's gotta be the fewest ever. If the road team is choosing all-navy, heat can't be that much of a factor...

The elusive pewter alternate still remains an option as well, but that's also been worn on the road too.

9 hours ago, ruttep said:

My thoughts on the week's matchups:

-Panthers/Bears will be an eyesore

-Colts/Pats would be great with the Pats in silver pants and the Colts in blue socks, but neither of those are likely

-Ravens are confirmed to be all black, so that's going down the drain

-Packers/Steelers looks as good as it possibly can with the Steelers going with block numbers

-Hopefully the Texans don't go with all white at Cincinnati (I don't even think the black-striped pants and black socks are that bad)

-Saints/Vikings can go either way depending on pants/socks decisions

-Niners/Jaguars will be good but not great (thanks, Jacksonville)

-Titans/Bucs isn't great, no matter what pants the Bucs wear with their white jersey. Titans all-navy will be just as hideous as ever.

-Falcons/Cardinals will be brutal

-Lions/Chargers should be good as long as the Lions don't wear practice pants

-Giants/Cowboys is standard (good, not great)

-Commies/Seahawks should be good

-Jets better not wear black pants. Wearing them against the Raiders will be almost as bad as when the Lions deployed their abomination against the Raiders

-Broncos/Bills will be good if the Bills wear white pants

Nice breakdown. Ravens are wearing the black next week on Thursday night. This week's combo will likely be announced today.

Bucs confirmed pewter pants, but I agree who even cares. My dream of white/columbia vs. red pewter has been shattered.

11 hours ago, simtek34 said:

On the recent Saints talk, if they don't decide to switch to their Throwback/CR, I would totally be in favor of them flipping the color of the numbers on their White jerseys to Gold, like they were from 1996-1998, before they switched to their current uniforms in 1999. Re-adding the Gold stripe to their Black pants, like they had in 1999, would also  make a difference.spacer.png

spacer.png

I also wouldn’t be opposed to that change, but a few things. The numbers from that first photo always bugged me because while the helmets and pants matched, the number gold didn’t match. Same with the black pants stripe, the gold didn’t match. It was too mustard. If the Saints switched to gold numbers on the white jerseys, it would absolutely have to be the shade from

the color rush set. The current gold is too light and wouldn’t provide good contrast against the white even with a black outline. It also bugs me that the Saints have always had issues matching the shades of gold. The Reebok set was always a mess because there were like 4-5 different shades of gold. It’s gotten better as of late, but I still can’t believe in 2023 it’s so hard to match the golds. Also, I’m not a huge fan of the thick single stripe on the pants, like on the current gold pants. I’d rather the three-stripe pattern to match the helmet stripe. See Vandy’s set. Those are damn near perfect for what the Saints SHOULD have.

And on the talk of jersey numbers, I actually wouldn’t be opposed to white numbers on the black jerseys rather than gold. When the Saints tried the black/white combo at the end of last season, it looked bad because the top was too gold heavy. The 1980’s set worked because the numbers were white. Once again, see Vanderbilt’s current set to see what I’m referring to.

Also, have I said how jealous I am that Vanderbilt has better uniforms than the Saints…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Nice breakdown. Ravens are wearing the black next week on Thursday night. This week's combo will likely be announced today.

Bucs confirmed pewter pants, but I agree who even cares. My dream of white/columbia vs. red pewter has been shattered.

Whoops lmao. Browns/Ravens could look amazing depending on the combo the Ravens choose