2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

17 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Yes, they're not perfect, black leggings, etc. but I welcome this look from the Panthers because it provides some contrast and improved color distribution. The thick blue stripe with silver trim really pops on the black.

The all-white look has been worn so many times over the years that I welcome the new uniform matchups brought about by the black pants. I especially prefer them when the opposing team is in white pants:

94bdfc3358d74b60ab01bba52fab7c22

KCM_ChiefsPanthers_110820_c%20(4)usa_today_11490703.1540148847.jpg

usatsi_13436613.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

I don't agree. The Panthers are one of the worst offenders because they insist on wearing the black pants with silver helmets. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

I’m sure this will come as a surprise to everyone…

The Saints are avoiding the gold pants yet again this Sunday. They confirmed white jerseys/black leotards at the Vikings.

At this point, it can’t even be superstition anymore. The Saints have lost twice in the black pants this season already. They literally hate the gold pants… smh

For reference: The last time they wore this combo at Minnesota

spacer.png

• Applause 1
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, Cujo said:

The absolute worst offenders

USATSI_21827016.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Their white jersey combos are even worse because there's no gold anywhere on the uniform to match the helmet (there's a tiny gold outline around the numbers, but it makes no difference):

spacer.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Their white jersey combos are even worse because there's no gold anywhere on the uniform to match the helmet (there's a tiny gold outline around the numbers, but it makes no difference):

spacer.png

At this point, the Saints should really just remove gold entirely from their colors and just be the “black and white” because it’s all they wear anymore. It’d be like the 49ers just deciding to quit wearing gold or the Raiders to stop wearing silver in place of white. That’s where we’re at.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

afmaze0c80j4xostjs1d.webp

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere before, but can somebody tell me again exactly how the Panthers' pants stripes went from 👆🏾that...to 👇🏾this??

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

94bdfc3358d74b60ab01bba52fab7c22

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere before, but can somebody tell me again exactly how the Panthers' pants stripes went from 👆🏾that...to 👇🏾this??

Are you referring to the elongated stripe?  Then my guess is that most of the pants are being hemmed because players now prefer to wear their pants above the knee instead of over the top of it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GFB said:

Are you referring to the elongated stripe?  Then my guess is that most of the pants are being hemmed because players now prefer to wear their pants above the knee instead of over the top of it. 

There's been a noticeable difference in both the shape and width of the stripes and how thin the outlines are now ever since they changed from Ripon (or whoever their supplier was) to the standard Nike gear in 2019. This is also why the shoulder stripes look closer to UCLA stripes now and don't use dazzle fabric anymore, and why the TV numbers have shrunk to the point where they should probably get rid of them.

Their uniforms just look a little worse all around than they used to. Unsurprisingly, it was their meddling owner who pushed for this shortly after buying the team:

Owner David Tepper heard the request last season and wanted the new uniforms approved by the NFL and implemented in time for 2019.

"Dave was all for it if it was going to help these guys. The players mentioned it to him and he said, 'If the players want it, let's go with it,'" Toner said. "Dave and (team president) Tom (Glick) were the catalysts in getting it done."

https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-new-uniforms-2019-nike-vapor-untouchable

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

3 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

Does anyone know how the Raiders and Cowboys still have metallic pants, but no other team does?

I’m sure I’ve missed the reason, but always been curious.

Raiders I assumed still went through Ripon. Cowboys I am not sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

Interesting.

Makes you wonder why other teams don’t use Nike pants if the Raiders and Cowboys don’t.

I would imagine it's probably easier for teams to order from Nike directly than the way the Raiders and Cowboys do it. And most teams don't care about the slight difference in materials the way we sickos do

• Like 3

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

1 hour ago, GFB said:

Looking at both examples, I don't think the length of the pants is necessarily the problem. My bigger issue is why the silver strokes became so thin on the newer pants (and then why the stripe cuts off past the knee rather than being engineered shorter to fit wholly on the pants).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

They don't use Nike's pants.

Speaking of not using Nike as much as other teams, where do the Packers get their uniform from? And why are they still allowed to keep their (at this point) over a decade out-of-date template?

20 hours ago, ruttep said:

No. White jersey and black leggings just does not look good. As much as we make fun of all black and all white looks, there are way too many of these combos.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

What makes this worse is that the Panthers, Jets, Ravens (from their color rush), and Jags all have contrasting color socks in their wardrobes too. So there's no reason for this. At least the Eagles wore white socks when they wore the black pants this year.

20 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

It really bugs me how the Panthers have gotten into more mixing-and-matching the past few years. While their uniforms aren’t the greatest, their once default road all-white uniforms were really

nice looking, especially paired with blue socks. They never needed to be paired with black pants/socks. Some things should really just be left alone.

It’s only a matter of time before they try white jerseys/silver pants…

What pisses me off about the Panthers is when they first debuted the black pants they used to wear blue socks with them and it actually looked somewhat decent. Now it seems they NEVER do it with either jersey.