2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

Teams whose uniforms could be modern classics if they only wore the correct combos (spoiler alert, it's literally half the league):

- Cardinals (can you try any other combo besides all one color?)

- Panthers (you do not need black pants)

- Lions (why did you ever introduce those white pants?)

- Texans (either all-white or navy leggings on the road. exhilarating.)

- Jaguars (please also add literally any design element besides the logo on the chest)

- Dolphins (the throwbacks are still better, but these are decent uniforms)

- Vikings (purple socks at home please)

- Patriots (silver. pants. that is all.)

- Saints (such wasted potential here.)

- Jets (all black uniform parts and accessories have to go)

- Eagles (white leggings in the Super Bowl was embarrassing)

- Seahawks (all navy has been a staple of this uniform since the beginning and looks pretty good, but the all white look they started last year has to go)

The majority of the NFL's uniform designs aren't bad at all -- when executed properly, they look amazing. But the death of properly worn socks and the rise of color rush and leggings has led to a monumental drop in aesthetic quality in the NFL.

The Lions stupid white pants bug me as much as the Saints do. The silver/gray and blue pants have the same striping pattern, but the white pants are just solid. Same with the Saints white pants being solid (I know the black ones are as well and it bugs me just as much).

The Seahawks have been looking really nice though with their navy and gray combo. Props to them for making a good uniform decision there.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

The Lions stupid white pants bug me as much as the Saints do. The silver/gray and blue pants have the same striping pattern, but the white pants are just solid. Same with the Saints white pants being solid (I know the black ones are as well and it bugs me just as much).

The Seahawks have been looking really nice though with their navy and gray combo. Props to them for making a good uniform decision there.

Where did the white pants even come from?? They just seemed to show up randomly in 2021 for their Week 2 game against the Packers. From what I could tell on GUD that was the very first time they've ever worn all white. Absolutely ridiculous that this was allowed to happen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

You know we're in a grim situation when this is one of the best uniform matchups of the week

Good matchup criteria these days:

- One team in white, one team in color

- Pants color =/= sock color

And yet it feels like the majority of games these days don't even meet this criteria.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

Where did the white pants even come from?? They just seemed to show up randomly in 2021 for their Week 2 game against the Packers. From what I could tell on GUD that was the very first time they've ever worn all white. Absolutely ridiculous that this was allowed to happen.

Pretty much. IIRC they just randomly announced it leading up to that game and then out of nowhere, boom, random white pants that could’ve belonged to literally any team. No striping, colors, logos, anything. Literally nothing special or unique about them.

However, it was literally the same exact thing with the Saints. It was just a random week 6 matchup in 2019 at the Jaguars (who of course also wore their plain white pants). It was a battle between the “icy” pants. I remember it being announced on social media before the game and everyone was so confused. When I saw the first shots of it I thought, you’ve got to be kidding me. And even though I’m not a Lions fan, it kills me everytime they wear their white pants just as much as the Saints. The complete randomness of both white pants still baffles me.

Lastly, it was also absolutely ridiculous that the Lions all-gray Color Rush uniforms were allowed to happen, yet here we are…

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Can someone tell me why the Cowboys keep wearing the French flag as their helmet stripe once a season? Is there some connection there from the franchise or something? 

At the end of the day, are they really anything more than a bunch of cheese-eating surrender monkeys?

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

42 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Anybody else notice Denver started wearing stupid combinations as soon as Russell Wilson got there

The white leggings did not start until this year when Sean Payton arrived. He also has a history with making the saints an all black and all white team under his tenure so he is to blame imo.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

1 hour ago, GoHawks said:

The white leggings did not start until this year when Sean Payton arrived. He also has a history with making the saints an all black and all white team under his tenure so he is to blame imo.

Was going to say this myself…

As you said, the Saints plain all-white pants debuted in 2019… under Payton. The all-black was also worn A TON under Payton. When Haslett was the coach prior, the Saints pretty exclusively only wore gold pants. So yeah, Payton’s definitely part of the blame.