2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

8 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

This is a stunner. Haven’t worn those since the Week 3 loss to Indy. You gotta wonder, if they win do they keep wearing this combo all the way to the Super Bowl?

Considering the Ravens lost the last two home playoff games, wearing purple tops and white pants, against the Titans and Chargers, I'd say they're following the routine that they were successful in during the John Harbaugh era. Along with the Texans game in the 2011 playoffs, they also beat the Colts in the 2012 playoffs wearing the purple jersey and black pants combo, and then going on to the Super Bowl that year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tohasbo said:

I honestly didn't HATE those.  Just hated that they were brought out in December on a rather cloudy day out from what I remember

I remember after the pants they posted a poll on facebook with other options (that were for fun) but I wouldn't mind them pulling out the grey ones posted on there. 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 2

46 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I remember after the pants they posted a poll on facebook with other options (that were for fun) but I wouldn't mind them pulling out the grey ones posted on there. 

spacer.png

I disagree. The Ravens were likely testing out a color for Color Rush, and the response was so negative they changed to what they actually used. They looked like what the Jaguars used for their Color Rush, and few liked those.

Gold also doesn't make sense right now because the Ravens' jerseys and helmets are white, purple, and black. Without another gold element it's just going to look shoehorned in. The only team that has four pants colors and makes sense is the Panthers due to the silver helmets.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Ugh I know. You’re so right. Why would a team do such an awful thing?

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Falcons had had grey/silver in their color scheme for two decades or more before switching to black helmets in 1990. They actually still list it as a team color today, although they do a crappy job of using it. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

The Falcons had had grey/silver in their color scheme for two decades or more before switching to black helmets in 1990. They actually still list it as a team color today, although they do a crappy job of using it. 

Idk, I don’t see any silver on those helmets or jerseys

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tohasbo said:

I honestly didn't HATE those.  Just hated that they were brought out in December on a rather cloudy day out from what I remember

. . . at the end of a lost season in a game in which they were expected to (and did) get pasted.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, WBeltz said:

spacer.png

I don't remember this at all.

The grey pants seem out of place since the Ravens don't use grey anywhere else in their color scheme.  However, they sort of fit the generally dark color scheme (probably better than the gold pants).

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Idk, I don’t see any silver on those helmets or jerseys

True, but there is grayscale for the Falcons using black so heavily with their 90's set. That said, I think it would look off if the Falcons brought in silver pants today.

This does make me wonder, though. What teams with at least four colors, including white, may want to try having four jerseys and/or pants in each color?

17 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

True, but there is grayscale for the Falcons using black so heavily with their 90's set. That said, I think it would look off if the Falcons brought in silver pants today.

This does make me wonder, though. What teams with at least four colors, including white, may want to try having four jerseys and/or pants in each color?

Don't give the Commanders any more ideas please....

On second thought, gold/yellow pants would be all that's left to try so that would be a huge improvement

11 minutes ago, ptay said:

On second thought, gold/yellow pants would be all that's left to try so that would be a huge improvement

I’ll keep posting this until we get them-

F-cSzCTWEAAfLLT?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Thinking about teams that have had four different-colored pants at the same time (so, not counting same-colored pants with different stripes as separate pants):

- Panthers, 2015-17, 2023-present; white, silver, black, blue

- Lions, 2021-present; silver, dark silver (color rush), white, blue

- Chargers, 2020-present; white, gold, royal blue, navy blue

- Rams, 2009-11; white, navy blue, Vegas gold, athletic gold

- Saints, 2016, 2022-present; Vegas gold, black, white, old gold

- Eagles, 2023-present; white, midnight green, black, silver

- Seahawks, 2016-present; white, navy, wolf gray, action green, throwback silver (2023-present)

- Washington, 2018; burgundy, gold, white, tan

There's really not many teams that can use four different colors  - like half of these are the teams using throwbacks as well. The one team that surprised me was Jacksonville - I thought they had teal pants with their previous set but it turns out they did not. The season the Ravens introduced the gold pants, they didn't have purple pants.

Personally I think four pants is too many for any team with one exception. I'd like to see the Panthers drop silver altogether, the Lions drop their white pants, the Eagles' black, etc. The only team I see it working for is Seattle. I like navy, gray, and white pants for their modern set, and then combined with the throwbacks, that makes four sets.

the user formerly known as cdclt

18 minutes ago, ptay said:

I said try four colors. I didn't say it would work. But yes, the Commanders would look better with gold pants.

I'd also like the Bengals to get orange pants with black stripes. They may look like they're copying the Browns, but they need something that goes with the orange jerseys. Either that or try the white pants with black stripes and orange socks.

On 1/18/2024 at 11:10 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Worst possible Super Bowl uniform matchup would be Baltimore in purple over black yoga pants vs Detroit in all white

I thought there was a rule that in the Super Bowl, teams have to wear their primary (traditional) uniforms? Or is that just something I thought was a thing? I can’t remember the last time a Super Bowl team didn’t.

4 hours ago, WBeltz said:

spacer.png

If they'd burn all their Black pants to introduce Grey pants, I'd shed not a single tear.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I've long stated that this is their all-time best look and what they should have aspired to with the last redesign.  These with the current helmet would be art.

• Like 3