2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

53 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Yeah, that's absurd.  Being a good team != being on "one of the greatest runs in sports history".  It's hyperbole of hyperbole.  Hyperbole and a Half, if you will.

Oh, I'm sorry I'll just pretend that it hasn't been 32 years since they reached the NFC Championship and 66 since they won the NFL Championship. 

Maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit but you can't ignore how cool it is to see unless you're an upset Vikings fan. 

I'm kidding @oldschoolvikings please do not ban me I was joking.

30 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

Man Lions fans are hilarious, god help us if the Browns ever make it far.

I'm a Raiders fan so I root for the teams who haven't done much because I can relate. Aren't you two dudes Eagles fans? I thought you guys would get how it is for a team to finally come up big.

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Oh, I'm sorry I'll just pretend that it hasn't been 32 years since they reached the NFC Championship and 66 since they won the NFL Championship. 

Maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit but you can't ignore how cool it is to see unless you're an upset Vikings fan. 

I'm kidding @oldschoolvikings please do not ban me I was joking.

I'm a Raiders fan so I root for the teams who haven't done much because I can relate. Aren't you two dudes Eagles fans? I thought you guys would get how it is for a team to finally come up big.

Well there is a difference.

Super Bowl LII was indeed the greatest sports game of all sports and time.

I can relate for sure.

Honestly, I feel like going from 3-13-1 to a game away from the Super Bowl in 2 seasons, without a QB or head coaching change, is one of the most impressive turnarounds I've ever seen. Maybe not greatest ever, but gotta be in the conversation. Should they make it to or win the Super Bowl, then yeah, it's one of the best ever.

• Like 10

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

I don't think there's anything more true to sports fandom than rooting against a team because you don't like what they wear. The fun of sports is about the coexistence of amazing narratives and people that are fun to root for and the petty grievances that make us root against those same stories at times. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I don't think there's anything more true to sports fandom than rooting against a team because you don't like what they wear. The fun of sports is about the coexistence of amazing narratives and people that are fun to root for and the petty grievances that make us root against those same stories at times. 

This is absolutely true.  The Seahawks went from the team I considered my “second” during their royal blue and Kelly green years (despite the fact that they mostly sucked) to one of my least favorite teams when they started wearing depressing pajamas and basically infected the entire league with their horrible mono aesthetic.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I think I can speak for most Vikings fans when I say that, as far as some other team besides the Vikings winning the division, the Lions are by far the least upsetting option.  

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Really? You want the Lions to lose because of pants? The team is on one of the greatest runs in sports history and you want to see it come to an end because of pants?! I know what site we are on and complaints are valid but at the end of the day we're all here because we love sports. Who cares what they wear right now because this season is crazy. I want to see the Lions get to the Super Bowl and win.

I also happen to be a Niners fan. I'm rooting for the Niners to win anyway.

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I actually like the Browns a lot purely because of their uniforms. So yeah, I guess I kind of contradict myself on the whole "Root for/against the sports not the look" thing. Actually, I'm like that a lot of ways now that I think about it...

Can I be both? I'm just gonna be both and shut up.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

What an embarrassment. If they do win this weekend, is the NFL really gonna let them wear this garbage in the Super Bowl, during media day, in the promos, etc.? 

Apparently so...I guess Goodell likes the 'icy whites' which are 'straight fire' or whatever those darn kids are saying these days...😆

It's sad that the NFL will allow a team to wear pants that look like they were bought off the discount rack at Dick's Sporting Goods.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PERRIN said:

Honestly, I feel like going from 3-13-1 to a game away from the Super Bowl in 2 seasons, without a QB or head coaching change, is one of the most impressive turnarounds I've ever seen. Maybe not greatest ever, but gotta be in the conversation. Should they make it to or win the Super Bowl, then yeah, it's one of the best ever.

99 Rams have to be #1. 

I lost the franchise already. Please don't take this away from me. 🤣😂🥲😰

• Like 3

On 1/22/2024 at 5:25 PM, leopard88 said:

It's not about the Vikings wearing gold pants.  It's about the Vikings being a purple and gold team.

Gold is a tertiary color, at best, for the Ravens.  Any uniform that puts it on equal footing with purple and black will inevitably invite comparisons to the Vikings.

Vikings wear yellow not gold 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

99 Rams have to be #1. 

I lost the franchise already. Please don't take this away from me. 🤣😂🥲😰

‘99 Rams were such an incredible story. I don’t think the Lions can overtake them there, even if they win the whole thing. With the Rams, it was an instant turnaround with a quarterback who had been unheard of, and some of the best uniforms in NFL history. 

With the Lions, it’s a two-year turnaround (still very impressive!) with a former #1 overall pick at QB (still a nice career redemption) and some of…some of the uniforms in NFL history. (Actually mostly very nice designs that they refuse to wear correctly.)

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

8 hours ago, PurpleHayes said:

Apparently so...I guess Goodell likes the 'icy whites' which are 'straight fire' or whatever those darn kids are saying these days...😆

It's sad that the NFL will allow a team to wear pants that look like they were bought off the discount rack at Dick's Sporting Goods.

It could just be a stock shot. Or the Lions might change their minds and wear the blue pants and socks since they won the first two games. Or they might really mess with us and wear silver pants and blue socks.

What if the Ravens go all in on darkening their purple? Condense that and the black into one color, dark purple that's almost but not exactly black

And then the Vikings keep their brighter shade, and play up the yellow to further differentiate

• Like 1

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

18 minutes ago, Bomba Tomba said:

What if the Ravens go all in on darkening their purple? Condense that and the black into one color, dark purple that's almost but not exactly black

And then the Vikings keep their brighter shade, and play up the yellow to further differentiate

Don't see the point in that. The Ravens' purple is already pretty dark, might as well drop purple and go directly to black at that point.

Plus, since Nike is seemingly allergic to accommodating certain custom colors, there's a high chance that none of the equipment ends up matching this hypothetical color.

• Like 5