2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

1 minute ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

They've won a lot of big games in the all whites, starting with the one in Green Bay at the end of 2022 which really kicked their present run into high gear. If the win on Sunday, I promise the all-whites will become a classic that people will clamor for in 20 years.

This is, unfortunately, spot on.

• Sad 1

On 1/24/2024 at 10:21 AM, oldschoolvikings said:

I think I can speak for most Vikings fans when I say that, as far as some other team besides the Vikings winning the division, the Lions are by far the least upsetting option.  

Co-signed (you know what I mean).

-Packer fans

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

5 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

They've won a lot of big games in the all whites, starting with the one in Green Bay at the end of 2022 which really kicked their present run into high gear. If they win on Sunday, I promise the all-whites will become a classic that people will clamor for in 20 years.

This is why, for the sake of the team's future aesthetic, I understand why people on here would want the 49ers to stomp them this weekend. We need some sort of negative association that can be made with these things.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Captain Poncho said:

This is, unfortunately, spot on.

I really hate when teams get superstitious about uniforms. Using that logic, if the Lions lose 42-7 they should BURN the white pants...but they won't. You don't lose or win because of your laundry!

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

I really hate when teams get superstitious about uniforms. Using that logic, if the Lions lose 42-7 they should BURN the white pants...but they won't. You don't lose or win because of your laundry!

My Chicago Bears haven't worn white over white for 15 years because the last time they did they got embarrassed by the Packers in Jay Cutler's first game (and Brian Urlacher was lost for the season).

3 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

My Chicago Bears haven't worn white over white for 15 years because the last time they did they got embarrassed by the Packers in Jay Cutler's first game (and Brian Urlacher was lost for the season).

The Cowboys should get rid of their white jerseys, then, since they've lost far more games wearing those than they have in their 'bad luck blue jerseys.' Especially against the Packers a couple of weeks ago...😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Most of the Lions' history is TERRIBLE. Having a sense of history would only bring revulsion and self-loathing. Part of what Dan Campbell and his team have done is erase a lot of that history.

They've won a lot of big games in the all whites, starting with the one in Green Bay at the end of 2022 which really kicked their present run into high gear. If they win on Sunday, I promise the all-whites will become a classic that people will clamor for in 20 years.

I promise you that there will be an all-white jersey in their new set because it essentially became their primary road look in their best season since 1991. The outcome of this game won't change how the Lions and Lions fans view that look.

• Facepalm 1

52 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

The Cowboys should get rid of their white jerseys, then, since they've lost far more games wearing those than they have in their 'bad luck blue jerseys.' Especially against the Packers a couple of weeks ago...😁

Expecting the Cowboys to get rid of their primary white jersey is like asking the Yankees to get rid of pinstripes or the Canadiens to get rid of their blue chest stripe. It's not gonna happen.

8 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I promise you that there will be an all-white jersey in their new set because it essentially became their primary road look in their best season since 1991. The outcome of this game won't change how the Lions and Lions fans view that look.

Eh, a little late given how long it takes for the design process to work its way through.

I think a white helmet is more likely.

• Hurl 1

42 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Expecting the Cowboys to get rid of their primary white jersey is like asking the Yankees to get rid of pinstripes or the Canadiens to get rid of their blue chest stripe. It's not gonna happen.

I know, I wasn't being serious anyway. But if teams truly believed in 'luck' uniforms then the Cowboys would ditch theirs since some of their biggest chokes have come in white jerseys.

I always thought the Cowboys 'blue jersey curse' could have been explained by the fact that they didn't wear them enough, since they always wore white at home since 1964. QBs were used to throwing to the open guy in the white jersey since they wore them 12-15 times per year, forgetting that they were in their blue jerseys for once.

I have no facts to back that up, but it sure sounds good.🧐

On 1/25/2024 at 12:24 PM, fouhy12 said:

Baltimore's 2012 Super Bowl run came with the black pants as well. If they win it all this year, I'm guessing these just become the playoff pants full time. 

God I hope not. This whole uniform superstition is so idiotic. Do teams really think that what they wear is what causes them to win or lose? JFC it’s 2024, come on.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

God I hope not. This whole uniform superstition is so idiotic. Do teams really think that what they wear is what causes them to win or lose? JFC it’s 2024, come on.

I mean a team that wears white as their jersey in the Super Bowl are 19-5 in the last 24 years. So.....

I’m no fan of the Lions’ pointless all whites, but at least it’s a cohesive look from the neck down. 

I’ll take the all whites every day of the week over those dumb white socks with white pants the Eagles wore during the last Super Bowl

• Huh? 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

29 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

I’m no fan of the Lions’ pointless all whites, but at least it’s a cohesive look from the neck down. 

I’ll take the all whites every day of the week over those dumb white socks with white pants the Eagles wore during the last Super Bowl

At least the Eagles' pants have stripes. The lack of stripes is the real reason those Lions white pants are a crime against humanity.

• Like 13

Weird thing I was thinking about…I know the nfl doesn’t count pants (or socks), but do YOU personally consider teams like Detroit and Baltimore are wearing alternate uniforms since they are not their default combo even though the jersey is the default one? 

KISSwall09.jpg

41 minutes ago, hormone said:

Weird thing I was thinking about…I know the nfl doesn’t count pants (or socks), but do YOU personally consider teams like Detroit and Baltimore are wearing alternate uniforms since they are not their default combo even though the jersey is the default one? 

That's a good question. I'll answer that separately for each team.

For the Lions, I'd say this has become the new default uniform for the white jersey. I would have said blue or silver before the season started, but now all white seems to be the default.

For the Ravens, I'd say this could be considered an alternate since they normally wear white pants with the purple jersey. The Ravens did originally wear black with the purple jerseys in '96, but it's been white pants ever since. The other reason black pants could be considered alternate is the Ravens' alternate jersey is also black.

On 1/25/2024 at 1:14 AM, Silver_Star said:

I do not think you saw how I said it.

Ravens: Dark purple helmet, dark purple jerseys, mustard gold pants, and purple socks!

Something like this. They even have the same font spacer.png

• Meh 1
  • Dislike 1

I actually kinda like the monolulu blue.

Monochrome can be okay but there NEEDS to be pants stripes. The Lions all-white is so awful, but would at least be palatable with pants stripes.

I will never understand the appeal of teams dressed in yoga pants. I mean never.

• Like 5