2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

Nice.  GUD should replace their images with yours.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

55 minutes ago, canzman said:

Full season snapshot
vDHoVlZ.jpg

This is awesome. I really like how you have a way to show the multiple socks and shoes without using GIFs in the weekly sections. I wondered how GUD could do the same thing, but it can't really be done using the current template GUD uses because of the side patterns on the pants.

• Like 1

This is a disappointing uniform matchup to close out the season for me. No mystery at all, a common preseason matchup, same as 2019 Super Bowl, two red teams...not loving it.

49ers Ravens would've been cool since Baltimore hasn't worn purple against San Fran in decades. Of course they could've run it back with the white over black from the 2012 Super Bowl, but even that would've been a different uniform matchup than the Christmas game from this year.

12 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Shiny fabrics are a relic of 80's & 90's athletic uniforms, regardless of manufacturer.  The current material that Nike uses is lighter, more durable, has more stretch, breathes better, dries faster, can have perforations for ventilation without getting destroyed, and more decoration ability.   It generally fits and performs better all-around.  It has been developed over the years with all those things in mind.  

Trends are cyclical, so don't rule out seeing shiny fabrics again, built better to perform better.

As far as looks, that's entirely subjective.  Some love & miss shiny pants, like the ones that the Cowboys still wear, while others (like me) prefer the matte fabrics. 

As for New Orleans, I think their Matte Gold throwback pants look great...it's the helmet that's the problem.

As for the Saints, you say the helmet is the problem? Are you referring to how the shade of gold doesn’t match?

At this point, seeing the Saints gold pants in the regular season is like seeing Bigfoot. I don't even critique how good/bad the gold pants look because I'm so shocked they're actually wearing them.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

The 4 Chiefs patches is hilariously stupid

Imagine thinking the bottom two need  to be there.

I guess the memorial patch is understandable, but just make it a helmet sticker like most teams do.

”bUt LaMaR hUnT hELpEd fOuNd tHe AfL!!”

What about it? You don’t see the Bills, Broncos, Chargers, Jets, Patriots, Raiders, and Titans riding that long gone high. Stick that thing on the back of the jersey above the nameplate.

• Eyeroll 1

37 minutes ago, ruttep said:

At this point, seeing the Saints gold pants in the regular season is like seeing Bigfoot. I don't even critique how good/bad the gold pants look because I'm so shocked they're actually wearing them.

It’s really sad we’ve reached this point. The Saints should literally ONLY wear their gold pants.

And for people who complain about the shade of gold, it’s literally the same pale shade as they wore pre-Nike, only they were shiny then. Yes, even their gold back then was pale.

• Like 3

four patches wouldn't look nearly as bad if they switched the SB57 and captain's patches, having both of the giant clunky patches on the same side just doesn't fit well in that space. look how close the Lamar Hunt patch is to the numbers. 

• Applause 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

2 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

As for the Saints, you say the helmet is the problem? Are you referring to how the shade of gold doesn’t match?

Correct - it does not match the Old Gold used on either of the Saints' alternate/throwback uniforms.  The Vegas Gold they use now is lighter and less saturated, the Old Gold is more like a brass color. 

I think most of the forum here has been pounding the table for years now for the Saints to just flip to the Old Gold permanently, and felt it was an awful mistake to not use it for their Alternate helmet introduced this year or last, where the Saints decided to wear that Black abomination (though, rumor is that it was between that or a White helmet).

1852464055.0.jpg

GBzepRXaMAAbGIm.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kaleb_girod said:

And for people who complain about the shade of gold, it’s literally the same pale shade as they wore pre-Nike, only they were shiny then. Yes, even their gold back then was pale.

If "pre-Nike" only means "since 1975", then you are technically correct.

But you are ignoring the Saints' original uniform, which featured a brassier gold, that they wore from '67-74.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ruttep said:

Super Bowl X was still on turf. You can also tell X and XIII apart because both teams wore bicentennial patches in Super Bowl X.

spacer.png

Easier tell: Steelers gray facemasks in SB10 vs black facemasks in SB13.

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

The 4 Chiefs patches is hilariously stupid

It's really not that big of a deal.  5 players out of 53 will be wearing it like this.   

• Like 4
  • Dislike 2