2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Imagine thinking the bottom two need  to be there.

I guess the memorial patch is understandable, but just make it a helmet sticker like most teams do.

”bUt LaMaR hUnT hELpEd fOuNd tHe AfL!!”

What about it? You don’t see the Bills, Broncos, Chargers, Jets, Patriots, Raiders, and Titans riding that long gone high. Stick that thing on the back of the jersey above the nameplate.

I'd like to see you make this statement to Clark Hunt.

• WOAH 1

55 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

If "pre-Nike" only means "since 1975", then you are technically correct.

But you are ignoring the Saints' original uniform, which featured a brassier gold, that they wore from '67-74.  

I meant the Reebok “pre-Nike” uniforms.

Yes, before that it was a much brighter, brassy gold in the 70’s and 80’s.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zachary15 said:

spacer.png

I can't believe that the standardized captaincy patch has persisted since 2007.

• LOL 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

It's really not that big of a deal.  5 players out of 53 will be wearing it like this.   

To be fair, those 5 players are captains for a reason. They're superstars who will receive plenty of screen time. We'll see a lot of the four patch jerseys.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Imagine thinking the bottom two need  to be there.

I guess the memorial patch is understandable, but just make it a helmet sticker like most teams do.

”bUt LaMaR hUnT hELpEd fOuNd tHe AfL!!”

What about it? You don’t see the Bills, Broncos, Chargers, Jets, Patriots, Raiders, and Titans riding that long gone high. Stick that thing on the back of the jersey above the nameplate.

I love when people start sliding down this kind of strawman slope. Lamar Hunt didn't found the Bills, Broncos, Chargers, Jets, Patriots or Titans/Jets...he founded the Texans-turned-Chiefs. And Hunt didn't just help found the AFL; he was THE PRINCIPAL founder. That's a big difference. 

If you're gonna get on about something, at least know what you're getting on about. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

28 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I love when people start sliding down this kind of strawman slope. Lamar Hunt didn't found the Bills, Broncos, Chargers, Jets, Patriots or Titans/Jets...he founded the Texans-turned-Chiefs. And Hunt didn't just help found the AFL; he was THE PRINCIPAL founder. That's a big difference. 

If you're gonna get on about something, at least know what you're getting on about. 

I fully understand the sentiment. However, it’s an egregious patch that doesn’t need to be there.

We all have our ticks about uniforms and this is mine. Cut the :censored: with the chest patches.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 2

4 hours ago, Survival79 said:

I can't believe that the standardized captaincy patch has persisted since 2007

Never been a fan of it.

• Like 4

Hotter Than July > Thriller

The caption patch absolutely should not exist.  It adds nothing at all the the uniform, or to the game itself.  The officials know who the captains are - and let's be real here - other than the coin toss, it's a ceremonial title that has no actual power.

Captain patches are flat-out silly in football, basketball, and baseball.  Even in hockey - in 2024, what exactly do the Cs and As do?  It's a legit question, because I'm not sure their role there anymore.

But NFL football survived just fine for what - 80 years before captain patches were invented?  We survived.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Even in hockey - in 2024, what exactly do the Cs and As do?  It's a legit question, because I'm not sure their role there anymore.

I was with you until you attacked the hockey patches. Wearing the C on your chest as a hockey player is woven into hockey tradition and has been part of the game forever. I agree in the other sports the captaincy seems more ceremonial than anything, but still holds importance on a hockey team. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I was with you until you attacked the hockey patches. Wearing the C on your chest as a hockey player is woven into hockey tradition and has been part of the game forever. I agree in the other sports the captaincy seems more ceremonial than anything, but still holds importance on a hockey team. 

A tradition that the Minnesota Wild crapped all over with their captain-of-the-month-club concept. Even two is pushing it. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 minute ago, The_Admiral said:

A tradition that the Minnesota Wild crapped all over with their captain-of-the-month-club concept. Even two is pushing it. 

I agree that there can only be one captain. If you can't name one person to wear the C on their chest for all 82 games, then nobody can. 

I know some teams rotate captains (I.e the Packers) but I will agree that the captaincy patch could be a helmet sticker in the same way it’s a jersey patch. It’s a popularity contest and a little redundant.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

Don't put words in my mouth.  I did not attack hockey patches.  I asked what they're for.  And I did not receive an answer.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Captain patches are flat-out silly in football, basketball, and baseball.  Even in hockey

Sure looks like it to me.

15 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Don't put words in my mouth.  I did not attack hockey patches.  I asked what they're for.  And I did not receive an answer.

In hockey, the C on the chest is a symbol of leadership, as the player who your teammates can trust when the team needs motivation or a spark. Yes, a true leader can lead whether or not there's a physical patch on his jersey, but it is part of hockey tradition. Also, the captain (or alternate captain if the captain is off the ice or if there is no captain) is the only player allowed to speak to the refs to protest or clarify a call.

• Meh 1