2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

I shouldn't like Baltimore's yoga pants, but, for some reason, they've always been an exception to me. I think this game looks tremendous all around. The darkness of Baltimore's looks against the bright red and yellow works really well and played outdoors on a grass field in gloomy weather just sets the tone perfectly for playoff football. 

• Like 12

32 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I shouldn't like Baltimore's yoga pants, but, for some reason, they've always been an exception to me. I think this game looks tremendous all around. The darkness of Baltimore's looks against the bright red and yellow works really well and played outdoors on a grass field in gloomy weather just sets the tone perfectly for playoff football. 

17 minutes ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

I know it’s not a popular opinion but the Purple and Black combo just works for the Ravens. Stripes would improve it for sure but it looks better than white pants

Their purple Color Rush socks paired with this look would be my pick for their primary home combo.

I wouldn’t mind some stripes on the pants either.

• Like 3

What is the big deal about Baltimore having stripes on the black pants? What has always stood out to me about them is their simplicity and versatility. The B gets it away from the blehness that many teams suffer from with monochrome pants (Commanders/Lions/Jags), but they can be worn with any jersey. Adding what I would assume would be a purple/white/purple stripe to the black pants would remove the versatility and make it stick out like a sore thumb. The pants stripe is already different from the numbers with their lack of gold, and it's my gripe with the purple pants Baltimore has now. 

Stripes do not equal good. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Dislike 5

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

3 hours ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

What is the big deal about Baltimore having stripes on the black pants? What has always stood out to me about them is their simplicity and versatility. The B gets it away from the blehness that many teams suffer from with monochrome pants (Commanders/Lions/Jags), but they can be worn with any jersey. Adding what I would assume would be a purple/white/purple stripe to the black pants would remove the versatility and make it stick out like a sore thumb. The pants stripe is already different from the numbers with their lack of gold, and it's my gripe with the purple pants Baltimore has now. 

Stripes do not equal good. 

I don't think the Ravens necessarily need  stripes on the black pants like other people may, they make it work as-is. But I think a solid purple stripe or two could maintain the "versatility" you speak of, since it would blend pretty well into the black, but it would get more of their signature color into a pair of pants that is pretty much devoid of it right now.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

We could be getting a perfect matchup of silver and blue vs gold and red, but Detroit has to be dumb

If they make the SB they will probably make a similar error. But there's a chance we get something gorgeous. Don't need another red bowl.

So what are the chances that KC goes with white jerseys?

Look, you and I know that uniform superstition is dumb, but the Chiefs lost to the Lions in red already this year and they won two road playoff games. These are typically the situations that lead to teams wearing white in the Super Bowl. Kansas City doesn’t really strike me as one of those teams that cares either way however. 

Edit: I want to add to this post about superstitions not being real, that I definitely cursed the Lions by posting this. 

Edited by ZapRowsdower8

30 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Looks like we're headed for this. 

Winners and Losers from Week 1 Home Opener – Chiefs Focus All Sports Network

The Chiefs have won the two road games on their way to the Super Bowl. Along with the Super Bowl win from last year. If KC goes with the white jerseys, then we'll get to see the uniform matchup we didn't get to see because in 2019 the Lions wore their throwbacks.

I don't know if Reid is in to the superstition. But he may stick with the red jerseys. And it would make them feel at home on a divisional rivals home field/stadium.

10 hours ago, LunarLeo said:

Something like this. They even have the same font spacer.png

Not athletic gold, mustard gold. The mustard gold they have on right now. The Ravens can benefit off that while Minnesota can be the purple helmets, purple jerseys, white pants, and whatever socks team so that the Ravens can be a dark purple, dark purple, mustard gold, and dark purple scheme. Look at the Rams and Chargers. The Rams have a different shade of gold (God forbid their highlighter yellow colors which is nasty) and the Chargers have a different shade of blue (UCLA blue).