2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

23 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

If you were hoping for the NFL to do anything more creative with the Super Bowl field design, better luck next year.

Swapping which endzones the conferences occupy for the first time in 8 years is pretty notable

2 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

If you were hoping for the NFL to do anything more creative with the Super Bowl field design, better luck next year.

Doesn't look ready to go. So Chiefs with the yellow endzone, 49ers will have red, presumably? And are we having the 12" border of green now, or will they go up to the white lines?

4 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

Don’t know if this annoys anyone else but the Chiefs should have red end zones to match the jerseys and 49ers should have gold end zones since they barely have red on the away uniforms and the chiefs are in red already.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2024 at 12:34 AM, AgentColon2 said:

Did the Super Bowl program leak yet showing next year’s Super Bowl logo?

nevermind, I seem to have found it

spacer.png

I don't think they've been put in the programs in at least a decade other than the roman numeral-less version.  I'm 99.95% certain the last time the official logo was included was in the Super Bowl XLIII program.

SIDEBAR:  I'm trying to work on getting all of the programs from 32-up to 49 (I have some of those from within that time frame)

2 hours ago, tohasbo said:

I don't think they've been put in the programs in at least a decade other than the roman numeral-less version.  I'm 99.95% certain the last time the official logo was included was in the Super Bowl XLIII program.

SIDEBAR:  I'm trying to work on getting all of the programs from 32-up to 49 (I have some of those from within that time frame)

Used to collect them from 29 to maybe 37 or so. Missed a year and then didn't restart. Used to be able to find them at stores now if anywhere is just the markets of the teams in it. 

6 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Don’t know if this annoys anyone else but the Chiefs should have red end zones to match the jerseys and 49ers should have gold end zones since they barely have red on the away uniforms and the chiefs are in red already.

I think the 49ers would've insisted on a red end zone even if the Chiefs had theirs in red. The NFL's done both in the same color before:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Missed the fact that they eschewed the Patriots helmet logo since it would be redundant since it's part of their wordmark.

Looks odd in contrast - maybe they could have used some alt mark there, or doubled-up and not worried about it?

I also wonder if there's an "official" version of the wordmark that doesn't have Elvis on it, in which case that's what they should have gone with.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Missed the fact that they eschewed the Patriots helmet logo since it would be redundant since it's part of their wordmark.

Looks odd in contrast - maybe they could have used some alt mark there, or doubled-up and not worried about it?

I also wonder if there's an "official" version of the wordmark that doesn't have Elvis on it, in which case that's what they should have gone with.

That was the first year of that Patriots wordmark, and they didn't use a logoless version at the time. They used the one with just text starting in Super Bowl LI two years later. It looks horrendous uncentered. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BBTV said:

Yeah, I blame that disaster of a Patriots end zone in Super Bowl XLIX for killing conference logos in the Super Bowl end zones. That wordmark without Elvis would've been perfect in an end zone centered between Elvis and the AFC logo.

yeah arched wordmarks look like sheet in the templated end zones.  Compare these two:

52-Super-Bowl-LII-590x280.png

EuGcTOG.png

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

19 hours ago, GoHawks said:

The Chiefs have always gone with athletic gold end zones for the Super Bowl, and the 49ers have always gone with red.

The Saints tried a gold end zone in XLIV, and it just looked like dead grass.

spacer.png

spacer.png