2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

21 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

It's not about making a tradition, it's all about aesthetics. Cardinals vs Chiefs feels like a Thanksgiving game in a way that Titans vs Chargers does not

These aesthetics?  

mens-nike-cardinal-arizona-cardinals-cus

Heck, even Detroit wore their gray alts in 2022

280eddef-42dd-4794-9803-f7659d39b0c9-202

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1

10 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

Thankfully the Lions are wearing their throwbacks based off the reveal of the John Madden patch all teams will be wearing tomorrow.

https://x.com/Lions/status/1727365321772920893?s=20

Good. Don't know why they ever moved away from that tradition. It's wayy to outdated to wear on a regular basis, but Thanksgiving is one of the best days of the football year to break out a throwback.

• Like 8

Just now, ManillaToad said:

The overall feel of the Cardinals fits Thanksgiving

Could not agree less. Thanksgiving has a throwback feel to it.  While the Cardinals have been around forever, they (a) have been irrelevant for most of it, arguably even more so than the Lions. and (b) only wear mono uniform combos. Until that changes, they should not be given any special event or primetime games.

I know this will be an unpopular opinion in here but if there was going to be a holiday tradition involving the Cardinals it should be on Christmas against the Seahawks with the cardinals in all red and Seahawks in all neon green and they alternate the home team every year.

1 minute ago, GoHawks said:

I know this will be an unpopular opinion in here but if there was going to be a holiday tradition involving the Cardinals it should be on Christmas against the Seahawks with the cardinals in all red and Seahawks in all neon green and they alternate the home team every year.

Pretty sure the NFL banned red vs green matchups after colorblind viewers complained about the Bills/Jets color rush game:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, ruttep said:

But if you're worried about the traditional Thanksgiving vibe, the evening game should feature teams in throwback uniforms. This year, the 49ers understood the assignment. The Seahawks very much did not.

San Francisco wears the white throwback/color rush (whatever you want to call it) at Seattle regardless of situation. It has locked on to their games at Lumen Field. It's the same thing the Seahawks liked to do when Seattle visited the Cardinals in Arizona.

5 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I'd put it on all-white -- they're facing the Cowboys in their Thanksgiving throwbacks

spacer.png

Ah shoot. That’s right. I forgot about their throwbacks. I’m hoping Washington wears burgundy pants at least. Best case scenario is they bust out the mythical gold pants.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

Pretty sure the NFL banned red vs green matchups after colorblind viewers complained about the Bills/Jets color rush game:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Seahawks having neon green instead of Kelly green would make it less of a problem as well as they Cardinals having different helmet colors.

4 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

The Seahawks having neon green instead of Kelly green would make it less of a problem as well as they Cardinals having different helmet colors.

I'm not sure neon green is a Christmas color, though. Christmas green has to be kelly green or darker (I'd say the ideal Christmas green is a forest green closer to what the Packers wear). So to me, your hypothetical scenario would just feature year after year of two horrible monochrome looks against one another. Sorry man, I don't see it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

That doesn't exactly fill me with holiday spirit.

• Like 2

The Saints just posted a couple photos of JPP on their social media. Oh look, the gold pants DO in fact exist…

One thing that bugs me and I’ve never understood is why the Saints ALWAYS wear gold pants in practice and the preseason, but they refuse to ever wear them in the regular season. It’s like they’re always quietly trolling us… 🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Ah shoot. That’s right. I forgot about their throwbacks. I’m hoping Washington wears burgundy pants at least. Best case scenario is they bust out the mythical gold pants.

Yep, this is most probable.

1776916861.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Interestingly, in the early 60's, when the Cowboys were wearing those white helmets and contrasting sleeves, the Washington football team wore some gold pants on the road.

was+at+dal+9_16_62.jpg

• Like 1