2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

16 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Not an entirely accurate Vet Stadium design but still very cool to see nontheless. 

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEhCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAx

They'd need to mix in some achilles shredding divots and grooves to truly replicate the Vet.

9 hours ago, BBTV said:

Really glad they had the time to add the "end racism" message in the end zone.  That way, anyone who's racist and watching the game might change their ways.

robert-de-niro-you.gif

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

11 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

Good lord these Eagles throwbacks are gorgeous. It might be time for Philly to retire the midnight green

I firmly believe they would've had the Super Bowl 52 win not occurred. But now there's that tradition... 

When the Eagles went up against the Jets last week, that really demonstrated how drab their midnight green is. A full-time change would be the right call, but i don't see it happening until their SB52 win has totally worn off.

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

the guy in the white tights looks like an idiot compared to everyone in proper navy socks/leggings.  The red hoops are a nice touch too.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, DCarp1231 said:

So now we’re on the “throwbacks should be full time” cycle of the NFL season.

I think tonight's discussion is more about the colors and less about the uniforms.

If the Eagles could simply replace midnight with kelly 🤌

MnPBnLdUwQBHSbj-800x450-noPad.jpg?151796

• Like 3
  • Hurl 1
  • Eyeroll 3

6uXNWAo.png

7 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I think tonight's discussion is more about the colors and less about the uniforms.

If the Eagles could simply replace midnight with kelly 🤌

MnPBnLdUwQBHSbj-800x450-noPad.jpg?151796

Nah, just new uniforms as a whole. Doesn’t matter if they’re kelly or midnight. Hell, do double green.

• Like 6

The Eagles look fan-freaking-tastic in their throwbacks tonight. I agree that either porting the current set over (with some cleaning up of the numerals) or going double green would be refreshing for Philly’s brand.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Nah, just new uniforms as a whole. Doesn’t matter if they’re kelly or midnight. Hell, do double green.

Yea the need to simplify the numbers especially, they don't need the extra outline & dropshadow.

And go with a full Eagle logo instead of just the head.

They can definitely do an update like the Charges did and have a cohesive set with Midnight Green, White, Kelly Green & Black & Kelly Green. (Since Kelly Green contrasts with black alot better)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, _RH_ said:

Eagles:

1. Likely unpopular, but I think the darker shade and black trim (not black jersey or pants) is superior to the throwbacks .  I'll draw a parallel to the Calgary Flames where adding black and toning down the main color makes it more aesthetically pleasing.

I disagree with every single word you just said. Adding black to a color scheme that previously didn't have black or made minimal use of it usually ends poorly. I'd say it ended poorly for both of these teams.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BBTV said:

Really glad they had the time to add the "end racism" message in the end zone.  That way, anyone who's racist and watching the game might change their ways.

Last year I said you don't want to get backed up into your own end zone because then you start racism. I thought it was a good joke but no one else did. 

• LOL 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Eagles look amazing.  I love the creamsicle Bucs, but this is the most beautiful throwback helmet I have seen.  And it shows how amazing Kelly and gray/silver look without black. Perfection would be replacing the black on the jersey with silver.  But I would take what I see in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

13 minutes ago, bowld said:

It's been said about 20 times already but my God do the Eagles look good. This is now my favorite throwback in all of football. That may change once Seattle wears theirs but I would love for Philly to bring these back full time

My favorite is the Jets -- only subtle differences with the primary look but somehow every single one is an improvement

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bowld said:

It's been said about 20 times already but my God do the Eagles look good. This is now my favorite throwback in all of football. That may change once Seattle wears theirs but I would love for Philly to bring these back full time

Speaking of the Seahawks: While their current set is far from perfect, it’s refreshing to see them not wear monochrome at home.

If/when they move away from this set, I’d love to see something based on the general pre-2002 look but with the current Navy/Lime Green/Gray (Silver) color palette; I think @Sport made a concept like this.

• Like 2