MLB MULTIVERSE

MJD7

What if... the Athletics relocated to Portland?

This rumor has been present since the 2000's, and I remember it gaining a lot of prominence in the 2010's. I brightened up the yellow to sync with the Portland Timbers.

NpVN5Ro.png

W3YIB82.png

VnbxPg8.png

AW3vbKu.png

• Like 5

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Portland Athletics]
19 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Sure thing, I was considering it anyway, but your request made me follow through with it:

jyfYpWp.png

Me too, it's definitely one of the most head-scratching near-moves of this series (It's also one of my least-favorite designs I've made for this series, but that's a separate discussion). 

I'm not covering expansion in this series, but I do have one more iteration of the Fury, which could sort of double as the expansion version of them.

It's beautiful

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

What if... the Rangers relocated to Tampa Bay (and changed their name)?

The Rangers tried negotiating a deal to sell the team to a Tampa group in the late 80's, but it fell through. I combined the Rangers' script font with the Rays' beautiful color scheme.

JqjAX5d.png

dOINg1I.png

qpUoRVE.png

huxJcvK.png

• Like 12
  • Love 11
  • Applause 2

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Tampa Bay Rays (Rangers)]
1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the Rangers relocated to Tampa Bay (and changed their name)?

The Rangers tried negotiating a deal to sell the team to a Tampa group in the late 80's, but it fell through. I combined the Rangers' script font with the Rays' beautiful color scheme.

JqjAX5d.png

dOINg1I.png

qpUoRVE.png

huxJcvK.png

That really friggin works. WOW

• Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

6 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

WOW

5 hours ago, johne9109 said:

That really friggin works. WOW

Thank you both!

6 hours ago, maxwasson said:

At the end of this series will you be posting of all the custom-made logos from this concept?

I'm not sure what you mean, could you elaborate?

5 hours ago, Burmy said:

Really interesting concepts all around!

Now I'm curious to see how you'd interpret "What if the Athletics had remained in Philadelphia?"

Thanks!

Hopefully you'll see that soon!

On 6/18/2023 at 8:08 AM, MJD7 said:

What if... the White Sox relocated to Milwaukee?

The Sox played 10 regular season games in Milwaukee in 1968, seen as a move by Bud Selig to try to lure the team to move there. Red & gold accents are added to the Sox' look to capture the Germanic culture in the city.

(As with many teams in this series, credit to @SFGiants58 for the original inspiration.) Also, here it is, @NicDB!

v7yJU8c.png

LQQBE9a.png

vY4ElRR.png

I like these more than I would have expected. The city connect numbers work surprisingly well for this. That said, if the White Sox moved to Milwaukee and did this, a lot of Polish-Catholic Southsiders would have been very upset.

I would hope if the Sox had moved to Milwaukee that they would have went with something closer to those gorgeous, underrated uniforms they actually wore when they played a portion of their schedule in Milwaukee back in 1969.

spacer.png

13 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Thank you both!

I'm not sure what you mean, could you elaborate?

Thanks!

Hopefully you'll see that soon!

Any logos on the jersey patches that weren't in SFGiants58's thread or official logos and were assembled by yourself (Ex: Miami Marlins (ex-Browns), Minneapolis Millers (ex-Giants), Tampa Bay Rays (ex-Rangers)

QNXVyki.png

21 hours ago, TheGiantsFan said:

Wow, Tampa Bay is beautiful! 😮 

My only suggestion would be to straighten out the bottom of the script "T" so that it looks more like "TB" than "JB"

Thank you!

I’m sorry I forgot to address this, but I don’t think this would work because it would take too much “weight” off of the bottom of the letter, & would just throw off the balance overall. Thankfully, a cursive “J” is quite different-looking, so I don’t think it’d be too much of an issue.

1 hour ago, maxwasson said:

Any logos on the jersey patches that weren't in SFGiants58's thread or official logos and were assembled by yourself (Ex: Miami Marlins (ex-Browns), Minneapolis Millers (ex-Giants), Tampa Bay Rays (ex-Rangers)

I wasn’t planning on posting just the logos, but if you’d like to have them for a certain reason you can send me a message & we can work something out. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, NicDB said:

I like these more than I would have expected. The city connect numbers work surprisingly well for this. That said, if the White Sox moved to Milwaukee and did this, a lot of Polish-Catholic Southsiders would have been very upset.

I would hope if the Sox had moved to Milwaukee that they would have went with something closer to those gorgeous, underrated uniforms they actually wore when they played a portion of their schedule in Milwaukee back in 1969.

spacer.png

Thanks! I’ve actually made an alternate version that’s a lot closer to what you’re suggesting, I’m just not sure yet whether I like it enough to post. It might need a little extra something.

What if... the (original) Senators relocated to Los Angeles (and changed their name)?

This is the same premise as my other Senators Angels set, just with more of a Senators style as opposed to the Twins. 

RxbAJX7.png

KF0gPgv.png

7eSK5qt.png

5jaZAXE.png

• Like 7
  • Love 2

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB MULTIVERSE [Los Angeles Angels (Senators)]
28 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

What if... the (original) Senators relocated to Los Angeles (and changed their name)?

This is the same premise as my other Senators Angels set, just with more of a Senators style as opposed to the Twins. 

RxbAJX7.png

KF0gPgv.png

7eSK5qt.png

5jaZAXE.png

I wonder if the sets would be different if the second incarnation of the Washington Senators moved to Los Angeles instead of Dallas

QNXVyki.png

31 minutes ago, maxwasson said:

I wonder if the sets would be different if the second incarnation of the Washington Senators moved to Los Angeles instead of Dallas

Probably not, but even so, that wouldn’t be possible because the real-life Angels and the Dodgers had already occupied LA by that point. 

1 minute ago, MJD7 said:

Probably not, but even so, that wouldn’t be possible because the real-life Angels and the Dodgers had already occupied LA by that point. 

Oh yeah, I'm just reading now the Washington Senators (II) did almost move to Buffalo, New York instead of Dallas

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

What if... the Pilots remained in Seattle?

The Pilots only lasted one season in Seattle before moving to Milwaukee in 1970 and becoming the Brewers, but what if they were able to stay? This set takes heavy inspiration from the Mariners' recent City Connect jersey.

TAPT2KE.png

e6iHTN2.png

cGOKAQa.png

WMuwpgZ.png

• Like 13
  • Love 2