2023-24 NBA Season thread

TrueYankee26

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

Head Coach Jason Kidd was on that team.  

It may have been a fluke, but it forever changed the narrative on Dirk Nowitzki.

Memory's foggy but I remember the '11 Mavericks being akin to the '04 Pistons, where being the better cohesive team pushed them ahead of the bigger collection of stars. It wasn't as much of a smackdown as the '04 Finals was, of course, but it was hardly as if the Mavericks just fell ass-backwards into beating History's Greatest Finalist. They actually had to do stuff right.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

16 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

If the the universe has a sense of humor, it will be Indiana vs. Minnesota in the NBA Finals. What a ratings juggernaut that would be.

It could be a fun divisional rivalry in the not-to-distant future if Minnesota moves into the same division as the Pacers when the league expands again.  

• Like 1

It is helpful for Indiana to have Siakam now, given his experience and history of being a real thorn in Boston's side... but idk, they have to win in a shootout, and I think they can do that a couple times against this Boston team but not 4 our of 7 times. Too much depth and defense on Boston's side, even enough to make up for their usual lapses in focus. 

• Like 1

You just get the feeling any team can want to win more than Boston.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

You just get the feeling any team can want to win more than Boston.

Lol. You get the feeling Indiana wanted to panic at the end of the game instead of closing it out.

Disaster!

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Pacers really blew it.

That free throw disparity doesn't look like it helped very much either.

• Like 1

Welp, there you go, Indiana was shooting the lights out (at least after the first 6 minutes) but they lack the poise or the well-roundedness to be a finals team. Not when you're gonna dribble the ball off your foot in crunch time like that. They even took the crowd out of it at points (well, that or the ticket prices did, hard to say).

"Aaron Nesmith revenge tour" is a funny little narrative but the guy is replacement-level.

Not to keep harping on it but I'm really worried for the Celtics if Porzingis can't get back and quickly. Turner was totally feasting without his defense. And I love Al Horford but he can't let hot nights like he had against the Cavs turn into rim-clangers like last night.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Forgot to mention it but BringYaAss.com send you to the Minnesota tourism website.

A local comedian bought the URL on Sunday night and had it redirect to Explore Minnesota. It was a brilliant move. Also, the Minnesota Governor issued a proclamation this week. If you look at the first letter of each paragraph, it spells Bring Ya Ass. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

57 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

A local comedian bought the URL on Sunday night and had it redirect to Explore Minnesota. It was a brilliant move. Also, the Minnesota Governor issued a proclamation this week. If you look at the first letter of each paragraph, it spells Bring Ya Ass. 

That is one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen. And I'm here for it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hard to see the end of the game because Luka's giant balls were blocking the view.

• Like 1