2023-24 NBA Season thread

TrueYankee26

That Knicks finish was incredible. Josh Hart is one of my favorite players in the league.

My heart is going to be shattered in a million pieces when the Nuggets win this game.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well that’s the best playoff doubleheader we’ve had in a while. 

I think the Lakers are beyond cooked. They were up 20 with everybody clicking and still lost, that’s gotta be backbreaking. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

There's been speculation about Joel Embiid's face for a little while here, since he hasn't been blinking from only one of his eyes for a little while, and he's appeared visibly off (and wearing sunglasses all the time.)

Turns out, in addition to all his lower-body injuries, he's dealing with Bells Palsy, and half his face is paralyzed (in addition to associated migraines.) He has the worst luck.  The other year he catches a friendly-fire elbow that breaks his orbital in the playoffs (in addition to whatever knee injury he was dealing with), and now he comes back from a near season-long knee issue just to get a potentially-debilitating condition.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

21 hours ago, Digby said:

That's sad about Embiid's condition, but also, he was at Draymond levels of dirty play last night and absolutely got top-ten superstar treatment in not getting tossed.

I didn't see it personally, but local radio hosts also said that normally he may have been tossed there, but that maybe he got a little leniency after the league admitted in the L2M that the refs should have granted them a time-out in a spot that directly lead to NY hitting a go-ahead shot towards the end, and missed multiple fouls that would have given them points.  Like a "we looked bad and it impacted a result, so let's make sure there's nothing that anyone can point to in this game."  Not intentional, like they got screwed or anything, just bad / missed calls in unfortunate spots.

Just speculation, I didn't see it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

36 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I didn't see it personally, but local radio hosts also said that normally he may have been tossed there, but that maybe he got a little leniency after the league admitted in the L2M that the refs should have granted them a time-out in a spot that directly lead to NY hitting a go-ahead shot towards the end, and missed multiple fouls that would have given them points.  Like a "we looked bad and it impacted a result, so let's make sure there's nothing that anyone can point to in this game."  Not intentional, like they got screwed or anything, just bad / missed calls in unfortunate spots.

Just speculation, I didn't see it.

I know local radio hosts are not objective but they should just embrace Embiid's heel turn instead of guessing theories. The L2M was bad but referees don't generally allow nut shots, shoulder checks, and leg pulls in the following game as a make-up.

If anything was a make-up call, more likely was that he had 21 FTA.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers