2023-24 NBA Season thread

TrueYankee26

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

(oh... and 1-800-Gambler, because someone with a problem is totally going to call that.)

They'll include the disclaimer text inside the three-point lines, with a 50 percent opacity.

Aaannnnd the Great Memphis Dumpster Fire Sale continues...

Grizzlies trade Xavier Tillman to Celtics for future second-round picks

Now they just did this same thing with the Stephen Adams trade, trading him for future second round draft picks. It's obvious this roster is going nowhere (and how could it when thirteen players are/were injured?), but I'll at least give the FO credit for doing something about the mess they themselves created by sending Dillon Brooks off in the first place.

Now, I hope somebody upstairs in that C-suite understands that a team needs actual BIG MEN on the floor, because I promise if they acquire one more guard in a trade... 🤦🏿🤦🏿🤦🏿

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Tillman's a good get, especially for other people's couch change.

I was hoping for another perimeter guy though. I don't feel super secure with Pritchard and Hauser being the main guys off the bench come playoff time. Brissett's always hurt and looks like one of those guys that has one good year somewhere and then just surfs on it. Maybe there's enough bags of Doritos still lying around to get... somebody.

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Woj bomb 

Knicks making good trade after good trade.. I am so happy to be a Knicks fan. Leon Rose you are the man

I can't believe the Knicks are running the table like this.

The east is wide open and they can absolutely be a contender.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Your deadline wrap per the Athletic:

Robin Lopez to Kings; cash to Celtics
Jaden Springer to Celtics
Dalano Banton to Trail Blazers
Cory Joseph and cash to Pacers; second-round pick to Warriors
Draft rights to Israel Kamagate to Clippers; cash to Nuggets
Doug McDermott to Pacers; Marcus Morris, second-round pick and cash to Spurs
Patrick Beverley to Bucks; Cam Payne, second-round pick to 76ers
Royce O'Neale, David Roddy to Suns; three second-round picks and salaries to Nets; Yuta Watanabe to Grizzlies
P.J. Washington to the Mavericks; Grant Williams, Seth Curry and a first-round pick to the Hornets
Spencer Dinwiddie to Raptors; Dennis Schröder, Thaddeus Young to Nets — update: Raptors will waive Dinwiddie
Daniel Gafford to Mavericks; Richaun Holmes, future first-rounder to Wizards
Bojan Bogdanović, Alec Burks to Knicks; Quentin Grimes, Evan Fournier, Malachi Flynn, two second-round picks to Pistons
Danuel House to Pistons; second-round pick to 76ers — update: Pistons will waive House
Gordon Hayward to Thunder; Tre Mann, Dāvis Bertāns to Hornets
Kelly Olynyk, Ochai Agbaji to Raptors; Kira Lewis, Otto Porter, 2024 first-rounder to Jazz
Buddy Hield to 76ers; Marcus Morris, Furkan Korkmaz and three second-round picks to Pacers
Monté Morris to Timberwolves; Shake Milton, Troy Brown and a second-round pick to Pistons
Xavier Tillman to Celtics; two second-round picks and Lamar Stevens to Grizzlies
Simone Fontecchio to Pistons; Kevin Knox and more to Jazz.

• Like 2

Thank god the Lakers didn't trade D-Lo. Hopefully Ham is coaching his last game tonight.

I have to laugh at the Pacers dumping Buddy Heild but picking up Doug McDermott. Nature is healing.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Three Point Contest

Pos. Player Team Height Weight First round Final round
G Malik Beasley Milwaukee Bucks 6–4 187    
G Jalen Brunson New York Knicks 6–2 190    
G Tyrese Haliburton Indiana Pacers 6–5 185    
G Damian Lillard Milwaukee Bucks 6–2 195    
F Lauri Markkanen Utah Jazz 7–0 240    
G Donovan Mitchell Cleveland Cavaliers 6–3 215    
C Karl-Anthony Towns Minnesota Timberwolves 7–0 248    
G Trae Young Atlanta Hawks 6–1 164    

Slam Dunk Contest

Pos. Player Team Height Weight First round Final round
G Jaylen Brown Boston Celtics 6–6 223    
F Jaime Jaquez Jr. Miami Heat 6–6 225    
G Mac McClung Osceola MagicNBA G League 6–2 185    
F Jacob Toppin New York Knicks 6–8 200    

We've got the lineups for the All-Star Weekend to be played on the gaudy terrible lightup court too. Jaylen Brown and a bunch of rookies! McClung's not even on a two-way this year apparently.

This Jazz fan hearing the name Alec Burks:

giphy.gif

Funny how he and Bojan Bogdanovic remain teammates in going to New York. I’m glad they’re both not rotting away the rest of the season in Detroit.

• LOL 1

• 2 weeks later...

Steph vs. Sabrina was awesome. They used their respective leagues’ balls but both shot from the NBA line and did better than anyone in the actual three point contest did. 

The dunk contest was ass but we seem to alternate between good and bad years now so hopefully Mac sticks around in the G League to do it again. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

On 2/17/2024 at 10:54 PM, Germanshepherd said:

Steph vs. Sabrina was awesome. They used their respective leagues’ balls but both shot from the NBA line and did better than anyone in the actual three point contest did. 

The dunk contest was ass but we seem to alternate between good and bad years now so hopefully Mac sticks around in the G League to do it again. 

Sabrina has lived up to her potential since coming out of Oregon.  

• Like 2

I didn't think it was possible for an actual team to score 200+ points in a basketball game.

Granted, it's the All-Star Game and defense is literally taboo, but come on. Try a little bit here.

Be brave and make NBA vs WNBA for next year ASG.

Another concept is tournament similar to Rising Stars.

6 divisional teams + Rising Stars winners team + G-League ASG winners. Play every game to 24 points.

4r2eer.png

12 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Sabrina has lived up to her potential since coming out of Oregon.  

You know Joe Lacob can't wait to bring her to the Golden State WNBA team. Her contract isn't up until after the 2025 season. 

I didn't bother watching the actual All-Star Game, I almost never do unless the halftime show is interesting. Still think the Elam Ending is worth bringing into regular-season overtime. But IDK, the concept of All-Star Games across any sport feels a little pointless to me now... it's not the 90s anymore. I don't even think the "competitiveness" angle is worth the pearl-clutching. Of course it's meant for the content and entertainment! What else should it possibly ever be?

The LED court was also predictably annoying and distracting. Did anyone notice that the camera lingered so long on the overhead of the court during Jaylen Brown's first dunk attempt that they forgot to cut back to him for said dunk, and we totally missed it until the replay? Really excellent production work from TNT there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Be brave and make NBA vs WNBA for next year ASG.

Another concept is tournament similar to Rising Stars.

6 divisional teams + Rising Stars winners team + G-League ASG winners. Play every game to 24 points.

That would be a blood bath, even with the nba players not even trying

3 hours ago, dont care said:

That would be a blood bath, even with the nba players not even trying

Yes, but It couldn't be any worse than it is now, so why not try it at least? You can make a mixed teams from both leagues too.

4r2eer.png

• 2 weeks later...