2023-24 NBA Season thread

TrueYankee26

OMG replay officials make about the worst call I've ever seen on a cut-and-dried out-of-bounds call.  How the hell can reviews occur when they're plain and obvious, and then the referees announce that it's clear and obvious the other way?

Not sure what the spread is in this game, but it's basically like saying "we've reviewed the call and determined that 2+2 = 5".

The funny think is that this is about the first 30 seconds of NBA basketball I've watched all year, and I turn it on during a replay that to my naked eye without any context should not have even occurred, and then they reverse what seemed like a completely obvious out-of-bounds play.  And it decides the game.

Anyone who thinks there's not fixing or "tilting" going on is a fool.  Literally anyone that doesn't think there's some manipulation is a fool.

EDIT:

I watch 7 minutes of basketball (that represents 40 seconds of action) and see a total fix.  If anyone saw that replay (the first one) and can argue that it should have been overturned, I'd love to hear the explanation.

Referee bullcrap reversal of a clear call decides the game.  It's so bad they shoudl be suspended and investigated for gambling.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 3 weeks later...

Bucks fell to the 3 seed on the final day of the season after being 2 seed basically the entire year. Doc Rivers finishes his half of the season with a losing record. One of the worst self-owns by an NBA franchise I can ever remember.

• LOL 1

26 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Lakers and Warriors are in the play-in tournament......one of them is going to make a deep run aren't they?

Maybe the Lakers, but if they get Denver in the first round, probably not. If the Lakers, Warriors or Pelicans get the 8th seed they could beat a young Thunder team.

Lakers get an instant rematch with New Orleans in the 7/8. They might as well just stay a few days in the Big Easy. Warriors at Kings in the 9/10.

I definitely want a Knicks-Sixers first round series. 

EAST

1. Boston

2. New York

3. Milwaukee 

4. Cleveland 

5. Orlando 

6. Indiana

7/8 Miami at Philadelphia 

9/10 Atlanta at Chicago 

WEST

1. Oklahoma City 

2. Denver

3. Minnesota 

4. L.A. Clippers 

5. Dallas

6. Phoenix 

7/8 L.A. Lakers at New Orleans 

9/10 Golden State at Sacramento 

The Bucks could've intentionally lost to avoid playing Miami or Philadelphia early. Not that it would do much given they would more than likely play them anyway if they themselves come out of the first round.

It doesn't take away that this season has been a relative disaster for Milwaukee. They've been trying to do everything they can to keep Giannis from bolting on them when he has the chance. It's not going to end well.

9 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

The Bucks could've intentionally lost to avoid playing Miami or Philadelphia early. Not that it would do much given they would more than likely play them anyway if they themselves come out of the first round.

It doesn't take away that this season has been a relative disaster for Milwaukee. They've been trying to do everything they can to keep Giannis from bolting on them when he has the chance. It's not going to end well.

Giannis to the Lakers eventually after LeBron retires. I could see the Pacers upsetting the Bucks. 

A few Bucks fans I know blame the Doc Rivers hiring on two of the owners: Jimmy and Dee Haslam.  Yes, the same owners who gave Deshaun Watson a $250 million guaranteed contract.  

• WOAH 1

3 hours ago, Digby said:

Bucks fell to the 3 seed on the final day of the season after being 2 seed basically the entire year. Doc Rivers finishes his half of the season with a losing record. One of the worst self-owns by an NBA franchise I can ever remember.

Doc Rivers might be the worst good coach or the best awful coach in NBA history. He has done so little with so much talent.

5 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Doc Rivers might be the worst good coach or the best awful coach in NBA history. He has done so little with so much talent.

When he was the Clippers coach, everyone thought they were the next big thing. Then the Warriors came along,  even after the Clippers beat them in that first round series in 2014. 

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Glenn Rivers is not a dr. And Glenn Rivers is a complete jagoff. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

After we crown a new (or repeat if Denver does it again) NBA Champion, many of its players will be off until training camps but quite a few of them will be representing their countries in the Olympics.  

It will be 32 years since the very first Dream Team of NBA Legends and Christian Laettner competed in the Olympics. 

10 hours ago, who do you think said:

I'm not dismissing the Bucks just yet. I still remember the 2010 Celtics being similarly disappointing in the regular season before flipping the switch for the playoffs and nearly winning the title.

Yeah sure but who did those Celtics have in charge? 

...wait.

(However: One of the most egregious screw-ups is that the Bucks, whose home/road splits this year are hideous compared to their competitor teams, lost home-court for a prospective Knicks series in the 2nd round.)