MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

On 6/24/2024 at 4:09 PM, coco1997 said:

This uniform (minus the stupid black "spray paint" effect on the sleeves) would be fine as a standard alternate. For that reason it looks like it took about five minutes to design and thus makes for a poor City Connect uniform.

Well, the Cardinals took the same route with their CC jersey. .

I believe that jersey is well received  by fans.

I understand what you mean though,  but for classics teams like these 2 i don't think it hurts that much......... at least they got one, unlike the Yankees.

Would a Navy blue CC jersey really kill them??

Today’s NHL/Fanatics announcement should be further proof that if we are pointing blame for the MLB fiasco, it should be directed at Nike and not Fanatics.

Fanatics has and will continue to manufacture uniforms for both MLB as well as the NHL. With MLB, they are manufacturing to Nike’s requested specs. On the hockey side, they have gone fully in-house making Fanatics branded on-ice uniforms, taking over from adidas. However, Fanatics has installed practically zero visual differences, only tweaking minor things here or there (such as removing the adidas dimple pattern on the shoulders, a new NHL shield application, and reinforcing the sleeves to protect against wear against the boards). Otherwise, the cut, materials, shape of the collars, stitching, crest applications, etc are all identical.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2024/06/26/nhl-fanatics-unveil-new-on-ice-jerseys-for-2024-25/hockey-2/

spacer.png

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

the adidas dimple pattern on the shoulders

Was there any marketing-speak given to justify the dimples?  Like some performance improvement or other nonsense?  Or was it just a subtle form of branding?

I've said forever that "manufacturers" or "suppliers" are simply "advertisers", and things like the swoosh on the sleeve should be viewed in the literal exact same way as the Quickrete patch on the Braves jersey.  Forever, the NFL jerseys were made by Ripon using existing specs and Ripon wouls simply put a vector or swoosh or whatever on the sleeve.  Then Majestic / Fanatics made the Nike-branded MLB jerseys.  Now Fanatics makes them, but to Nike's specs - which admittedly does make them more of a Nike product, since it's not like everything (probably even most things) with a swoosh is produced at a Nike-owned facility.  But Fanatics saying that everything is made at the same place with the same materials is basically saying "we're just buying the ad space above the nameplate".  Which is fine - but it should be recognized as such - just ad space.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

Yes. Yes it would

"We, the New York Yankee$, the most (self) important sports franchise in the history of sports franchises, doth hereby decree that every game played by the New York Yankee$, the most (self) important sports franchise in the history of sports franchises, shall appear to be a TBTC game...except, you know, for the mark of the beast and the ad patches on the jerseys, because those things make us money.  We shall never changeth our sacred and beloved home uniforms, except, you know, for those changes we made to the number font lo those many decades ago, and of course, the mark of the beast and the ad patches on the jerseys, because those things make us money.  Amen."

Edited by M59
More fun stuff!
  • Like 1
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, M59 said:

"We, the New York Yankee$, the most (self) important sports franchise in the history of sports franchises, doth hereby decree that every game played by the New York Yankee$, the most (self) important sports franchise in the history of sports franchises, shall appear to be a TBTC game...except, you know, for the mark of the beast and the ad patches on the jerseys, because those things make us money.  We shall never changeth our sacred and beloved home uniforms, except, you know, for those changes we made to the number font lo those many decades ago, and of course, the mark of the beast and the ad patches on the jerseys, because those things make us money.  Amen."

You know what probably would've made the a lot of money? A City Connect. 

• LOL 1

Anubis.png

15 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

You know what probably would've made the a lot of money? A City Connect. 

"But we're better than all those other piddling teams! After all, we repeatedly say so ourselves!"

17 minutes ago, M59 said:

"But we're better than all those other piddling teams! After all, we repeatedly say so ourselves!"

They were better, until they joined in with the rest of MLB's league-wide contracts and programs.  I'm not sure if they truly had to - I'm not sure what would happen if they challenged that as an independent franchise, they should not have to collectively bargain with the rest of the teams and join in on their deals, but I don't think it's as open and shut as some may think.

Now the Yankees are just like everyone else, but with the cheesiest strike out whistle from PC Richards.  If there's any team that should only have one look, it should be them, and it sucks if you go to see them and maybe it's your only chance, and they're not wearing their classic uniforms.

In fact, while their road uniforms are improved this year and are also steeped in tradition, I might advocate for a simple gray version of their classic home.  IDK, would need to see it.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, BBTV said:

They were better, until they joined in with the rest of MLB's league-wide contracts and programs.  I'm not sure if they truly had to - I'm not sure what would happen if they challenged that as an independent franchise, they should not have to collectively bargain with the rest of the teams and join in on their deals, but I don't think it's as open and shut as some may think.

Now the Yankees are just like everyone else, but with the cheesiest strike out whistle from PC Richards.  If there's any team that should only have one look, it should be them, and it sucks if you go to see them and maybe it's your only chance, and they're not wearing their classic uniforms.

In fact, while their road uniforms are improved this year and are also steeped in tradition, I might advocate for a simple gray version of their classic home.  IDK, would need to see it.  

2012 at Fenway

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 9

Anubis.png

On 6/21/2024 at 7:14 PM, Maz said:

Considering Sheetz has been taking the fight right into Wawa territory for a while now, I am surprised there still aren't any Wawas in this neck of the woods.

Pro tip: Anytime you are passing through Southwest PA and need to make a pit stop, skip Sheetz and find a full-sized GetGo instead. 😉

I just remembered reading an article saying Wawa is expanding to Central PA. So it looks like they are taking the fight to the heart of Sheetz Country

I don't think any of the gray road hats that have been worn in the modern era have been good - specifically the late '90s Pirates and Orioles - but those Yankees are the least bad of them.

Put their normal NY on that and add the pinstripes and we're cooking with butter.  I don't think the solid gray hat would work with a pinstriped uniform, so they'd just wear their normal one rather than put the stripes on the hat.  No pinstriped hats have ever looked good.

• Like 1