Fox Sports creates College Basketball Crown postseason tournament

TrueYankee26

Have not seen a post or thread on it so far.

Looks like FOX is on the verge of creating a college basketball tournament featuring Big East, Big Ten and Big 12 teams who missed out on the NCAA Tournament. It would take place between the Elite 8 and Final Four in Las Vegas.

https://www.on3.com/news/fox-sports-in-talks-to-host-new-postseason-college-basketball-tournament/

Edited by TrueYankee26

• 1 month later...

You know what? Give me the Fox Sports NIL Tournament presented by FanDuel or whatever the hell. Give me some garish trophy with a million damn dollars in cash stuffed in it for the winning players. Big-money college sports is one of our more absurd institutions, and I say lean into it.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'd love if FOX or some non-NCAA organization created a CFB and/or CBB tournament that offered prize money to players and schools, and actually became the primary tournament.  The NCAA is awful, and I'm not sure there's much they could do about it.  They couldn't punish the teams or players (they just wouldn't be allowed to come back... but we know the NCAA would take them back), and they couldn't punish the other school-sponsored teams.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Aaand now the NCAA has injected the NIT with a lethal dose of poison...say goodbye to the automatic auto-bid for teams who win mid-major conference titles but lose the tournament, thereby sacrificing the teams who take the most opportunity in the NIT in favor of those who couldn't care less about being there.

We know they're doing this to suck up to the Power 5 teams (and Gonzaga), begging them to please not leave to form their own association...at this point, I say it's time to let 'em leave.

bYhYmxh.png

14 hours ago, Burmy said:

the NCAA has injected the NIT with a lethal dose of poison

It's almost like there's a whole new world order now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 5 months later...

FOX Sports makes it official, it will be called the "College Basketball Crown" and it will feature teams from you guessed it, Big East, Big 10 and Big 12.

https://www.foxsports.com/presspass/blog/2024/04/03/fox-sports-aeg-launch-the-college-basketball-crown-a-reimagined-postseason-college-hoops-tournament/

• TrueYankee26 changed the title to Fox Sports creates College Basketball Crown postseason tournament
On 10/27/2023 at 7:27 AM, Sodboy13 said:

You know what? Give me the Fox Sports NIL Tournament presented by FanDuel or whatever the hell. Give me some garish trophy with a million damn dollars in cash stuffed in it for the winning players. Big-money college sports is one of our more absurd institutions, and I say lean into it.

Players can transfer at will to other teams with in the tournament as it progresses.