The rise of US Women's Volleyball?

4_tattoos

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

US loses first match in Olympic group play to China

Pretty hard fought match. You can't let a team go 2 sets up and expect to just walk it all back. But they almost pulled it off. Since these are the two best teams, I hope to see them meet in the gold medal match. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

From everything I've heard from my family on the inside today's loss was a typical Karch move.  He's so obsessed with seniority that he will frequently play veterans over newer players for far too long out of loyalty.  Amazing how it took waiting two sets to sub in the two young OHs for the team to finally wake up.   And that's not factoring in the poor decision to go with an undersized lineup against China's height in the middle.

VmWIn6B.png

Serbia’s ranked roughly the same as the US so a close match was expected. The concerning thing is Karsh’s complete lack of ability to adapt. 

• Like 1

VmWIn6B.png

Sets 1-2 and 3-4 were like completely different teams.

We woke back up in set five (an absolutely incredible set), but probably don't win that if Serbia doesn't take Boskovic out for no reason halfway through.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Not sure, but I’m leaning no. Once Serbia stopped having so many unforced errors, the US couldn’t get back in it. If they’re playing a team that’s engaged the whole match, I don’t like their odds based on what I’ve seen so far.

However, wins are wins and they showed they can definitely hang with China, so they could still figure it out. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

3 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I am still curious about what the end game is for PVF and LOVB.  If it ends up being a merger, what are they going to do with the overlapping markets?

You'd think relocation. PVF commissioner has named about 10 potential expansion locations for their league. I'd assume the LOVB Omaha and Atlanta clubs would just be relocated simply because of the PVF teams already establishing a fanbase (more so with the Omaha Supernovas).

Hotter Than July > Thriller

3 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

You'd think relocation. PVF commissioner has named about 10 potential expansion locations for their league. I'd assume the LOVB Omaha and Atlanta clubs would just be relocated simply because of the PVF teams already establishing a fanbase (more so with the Omaha Supernovas).

I think it's more UFL/XFL/USFL in the sense that a handful of the best teams from each league move on. And the 'known' team name in the dual cities would carryon regardless which team actually stays.

So regardless which team in Omaha or Atlanta stays, they'd  take the PVF team name. I doubt there'd be a relocation of any team

5 hours ago, LMU said:

On to the gold medal match as my cousin goes full Jordan with a flu game.

Sooooo allegedly hungover like Jordan has been claimed to have been? 😅

Well, US women got swept by Italy and take silver. It was obviously early into the match this would be the outcome. They had a good run in Paris nonetheless.

GUs5aL_WkAAb6z_?format=jpg&name=large

SN: I wonder if the PVF will be cheeky and post something suggesting that the national team needing PVF players? Seems like a prime opportunity to take a jab at LOVB. Were any current PVF players on the team that won gold in Tokyo?

• Like 1